test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scoundrel pvp tips?

sirfortysirforty Member Posts: 35
edited May 2015 in The Thieves' Den
I started messing around in the scoundrel tree for pvp. Insanely fun, and I'm 100% sure it's the most annoying build to fight against, having done so on my CW. The ones I've fought against dropped some pretty harsh damage on me, but I've been having some trouble with putting out some damage though. I'm currently using shadow strike, Dazing strike, and tossing between lashing blade and impossible to catch. The lashing blade is nice for a finisher, but ITC is really hard to pass up on. Are any of the other skills viable for damage for this tree? Or is it just meant to be a harasser tree?
Demon "Head Hunter" Spellstorm Control Wizard
Skorn Scoundrel Trickster Rogue
Midget Healz Anointed Champion Cleric

Xbox One
GT : SirForty
Post edited by sirforty on

Comments

• fukiiyufukiiyu Member Posts: 159 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    You're doing it all wrong bro, if you are Scoundrel then I suggest you go WK, not MI.

Also, never - ever use Lashing Blade lol.
  • sirfortysirforty Member Posts: 35
    edited May 2015
    Yeah that's why it was a toss up between ITC and lb lol...tried to put something that could finish, but I like ITC waaayyyyy better. I'm not getting rid of dazing strike either lol. So disheartening strike is the way to go? Vengeance pursuit too maybe?

Xbox One
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    try this.
    i m not enjoy tr like now for a series of bugs stealth related so while playing my hr im theoricrafting stuffs to make my tr enjoyable again even if subpar to what a good sab tr without bugs can do.

http://nwcalc.com/index.html#/tr?b=1oa5:k6rwk5:8dep:5tb7d,19i3505:1500000:1uu5uzv:1000000&h=0&p=min

stack dex and cha, roll as halfling.
    perfect negation required.

with this build stacking silvieries in deflect slot you should play with an average 65% deflect up to 80% with 10% dr from the t3 feat.
    a bit of control due to scoundrel feats. more or less laughable damage.
    required daily: courage breaker.

your damage consists in waiting for courage breaker to be up. use it.
    slow + 100% damage reduction to the enemy.
    ap empty --- 25% damage bonus
    enemy controlled by the slow ---- 25% damage bonus
    duelist flurry main hand ---- 10% damage bonus
    red glyphs ---- 600 damage bonus/hit.
    weapon enchant ---- trascendent terror required

you can already see many trololol in this build.
    if for some reason that deflect chance is enough to not slot anymore itc... and i suspect it can be enough, respec to wk slot advantageous position and oppressive darkness for other 600 damage during duelist flurry for the next 8 seconds after leaving stealth...basically always.
    and another dr from using dishearting strike...
    i can see it working somehow.
    edited May 2015
    sirforty wrote: »
    Yeah that's why it was a toss up between ITC and lb lol...tried to put something that could finish, but I like ITC waaayyyyy better. I'm not getting rid of dazing strike either lol. So disheartening strike is the way to go? Vengeance pursuit too maybe?

Hmmm, real quick - Scoundrel is built for CC and I'll tell you now that ItC provides no CC and Lashing Blade is on too high of a CD to be that effective. To be honest, ItC is not that great in my opinion because it's just a scape goat for you when in theory you should be able to dodge and ItC takes up an encounter slot where you could of dazed or even killed the opponent.
    edited May 2015
    fukiiyu wrote: »
    Hmmm, real quick - Scoundrel is built for CC and I'll tell you now that ItC provides no CC and Lashing Blade is on too high of a CD to be that effective. To be honest, ItC is not that great in my opinion because it's just a scape goat for you when in theory you should be able to dodge and ItC takes up an encounter slot where you could of dazed or even killed the opponent.

I've been sticking with the back capping, as it's very easy to take anyone 1v1 or even 2v1 so far, I use ITC to escape from the cc that I don't dodge in a 3v1, as I go down pretty freakin quick once caught up in something. And yeah, I agree about the ******ed cd of lashing blade. For the skull cracker proc, I've been using shadow strike as a dual purpose, but I guess having an encounter that ports me to the target would overall be better than ITC.

Thanks ray for putting up some theories for me to try out, that stuff sounds like it'd be pretty solid, so I'm going to have to try it out. Well, everything except that perfect negation lol.

<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, thanks also for the tips! Would've never thought about trying wk, and that sounds like it could work a lot better. DH with that 50% damage buff sounds like it would be pretty fierce haha, and I think vengeance pursuit might be pretty good as well when used situationally. Might opt for something else as well, but I have some great info now,

Thanks! Trying to get up to the rogue par for Rekt lol, cw and cleric already made it, but rogue hasn't yet lmao

Xbox One
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    no the problem with scoundrel cc is another one.
    the base cc on our encounter is like 4 seconds.
    scoundrel capstone is nerfed vs players to 2 seconds and procs in place of the real cc encounter.
    basically if you proc the capstone with a cc encounters you waste your well deserved 4 seconds for a 2 seconds capstone.
    in other words the only encounters that make you fully use your cc is deft strike which isnt a control skill per se.

edit: just noticed this is the xbox forum. with your patch scoundrel capstone is still working full vs players.
    edited May 2015
    I've been sticking with the back capping, as it's very easy to take anyone 1v1 or even 2v1 so far, I use ITC to escape from the cc that I don't dodge in a 3v1, as I go down pretty freakin quick once caught up in something. And yeah, I agree about the ******ed cd of lashing blade. For the skull cracker proc, I've been using shadow strike as a dual purpose, but I guess having an encounter that ports me to the target would overall be better than ITC.

Thanks ray for putting up some theories for me to try out, that stuff sounds like it'd be pretty solid, so I'm going to have to try it out. Well, everything except that perfect negation lol.

<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, thanks also for the tips! Would've never thought about trying wk, and that sounds like it could work a lot better. DH with that 50% damage buff sounds like it would be pretty fierce haha, and I think vengeance pursuit might be pretty good as well when used situationally. Might opt for something else as well, but I have some great info now,

Thanks! Trying to get up to the rogue par for Rekt lol, cw and cleric already made it, but rogue hasn't yet lmao

Hahah no worries, I'll be on later so if you see me on shoot me a message an I'll go into more detail about what skills I use. (I'm a Scoundrel TR)
    edited May 2015
    Yeah you can still work a perma daze build on single target in xbox mod.4 sec +2 from additional attacks, follow up with dazing strike for another 2 seconds, stealth, harass, another at will daze, and then repeat process! I love it haha.

And will do fukiyu. I'll toss a pm when I see you on.. All your skills are belong to me please.

Xbox One
    edited May 2015
    Yeah you can still work a perma daze build on single target in xbox mod.4 sec +2 from additional attacks, follow up with dazing strike for another 2 seconds, stealth, harass, another at will daze, and then repeat process! I love it haha.

And will do fukiyu. I'll toss a pm when I see you on.. All your skills are belong to me please.

There are other encounters that daze/stun the enemy and 1 of them being Whisper Knife only.