test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Elemental Aggregate question

kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Bug Reports (PC)
So, apparently it's a level 24 Alchemy task. I have level 25 Alchemy, while getting there I never go the Elemental Aggregate recipe, and after about 12 experiments or so, finally got the Unified Elements recipe (after hitting level 25 - got a few other recipes from the experiments too). Once I got the Unified Elements recipe, though, the Experiment task vanished (yes, I've search for it after unfiltering. It's just not there). So, my question is this: How do I get the Elemental Aggregate recipe at this point? Is this a known issue (aka bug) or is this intended and I'm basically screwed because the RNG allowed me to level up Alchemy before getting that recipe?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• bumfluffbobbumfluffbob Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Well yes, you need the lvl25 experiment task to get the lvl24 aggregate task. They only things that I have seen make that experiment disappear are when you get all 4 of the rank 25 experiment recipes or when you are actually running the task.

You don't have rank 25 experiment running in one of your slots do you?

ps. You don't want the task. It's far quicker just to do dread or sharander and check the nodes.
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Nope, not running. I think I have all those tasks... bother. must be out of luck then :(
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    That is a very weird bug, because "Create Elemental Aggregate" is one of the three recipes you have to unlock (others are "Distilled Potion of Superior Healing" and "Superior Elixir of Reflexes"). You need 3 scrolls of Alchemical Knowledge to be able to run lvl 24 Alchemical Research which unlocks lvl 25 Alchemy.

Are you sure you don't have the recipe? Make sure you've unchecked "Hide Tasks with Unmet Requirements". If that is checked, you won't see the aggregate recipe if you don't have enough elemental air/earth/fire/water.
    edited May 2015
    Yes absolutely sure I don't have it. I've unfiltered everything.

I actually think I know why: I got one of those free alchemy level items from the last alchemy event and used that to boost from 24 to 25 since I ran out of stuff to experiment with and sort of remembered I had that.

So, that's the problem I think. I hated that event and ranted all over about it, and I guess the game got me back. But, at least I know how to file a bug report about it :)

I usually don't post in Bug Reports -- should I? Are they more likely to see/respond to bugs posted there than reported in-game?
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    kvet wrote: »

I actually think I know why: I got one of those free alchemy level items from the last alchemy event and used that to boost from 24 to 25 since I ran out of stuff to experiment with and sort of remembered I had that.

So, that's the problem I think. I hated that event and ranted all over about it, and I guess the game got me back. But, at least I know how to file a bug report about it :)

I usually don't post in Bug Reports -- should I? Are they more likely to see/respond to bugs posted there than reported in-game?

Only if you're 100% sure it's not on your side, ie that you did check that "hide tasks with missing requirements" isn't checked in filters. It is by default.
  • mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I want to see a "create a Dragon Egg" task. Or at least get another event that will grant them.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    kvet wrote: »

I have the same problem on one character. On that character, I did not research, but used scrolls from the Alchemical event. Just a data point, I see you did the same. I have not reported yet.
    edited May 2015
    Yes, I am absolutely, 100%, completely, totally and in all other ways sure I don't have the task on my list.

At least I'm not alone... Rather than re-post, I'll PM zeb and ask him to move this to bug reports - probably easier that way since most of the questions that will be asked there are already answered here anyway.
  • graalx3graalx3 Member Posts: 232
    edited May 2015
    Sorry about this problem. The Elemental Aggregate recipe was not added to the list of recipes that are verified that you know whenever you increase rank in Alchemy. You can therefore reach rank 25 and not learn it if you have Basic Alchemical knowledge acquired from the Alchemy event.

Look for a new Rank 25 Alchemy task soon that will allow you to learn this recipe (and any other recipe missed for whatever reason while leveling up).
    edited May 2015
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I want to see a "create a Dragon Egg" task. Or at least get another event that will grant them.

Transmute Unified Elements to a Dragon Egg would be welcomed :)
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1