test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Path Back to Having Fun

zevathonzevathon Member Posts: 24 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Player Feedback (PC)
My Educated Opinions:
1. Fix the lag. People die a lot from that alone and that skews all your feedback to date. Spinward rise has zone lag. Dragon Heralds have zone lag. Video lag also sucks so remove pretty effects or something so the game is playable.
2. Change the level 60 bonanza to happen at 70 and reinstitute zone requirements, ie Item Score and Boons. Keep people out of IWD and WoD until they've been at 70 and doing DS and Sharandar for a while and gotten some good gear. So, nothing at level 60 except "go to Drowned Shore" and a Profession Slot. At 70, you get DS and Shar. At 3 boons, IWD. At 3K Item Score (what I assume you need to do the solo content there based on my 2.2 IS and dying all the time) you get WoD. I need to try a Battlefield Medic instead of my Augment to see if I survive any better, but I see people asking for "Group for Dailies" in WoD, which I thought I'd never seen before.
3. Remove all upscaling. It just gives people a delusion they can hack the zone. Downscaling is fine.
4. Get out in front of all the noise and state where the game is going in regards to solo vs team play. A lot of people like buffet of playstyles they can use. Right now, so much of the game now requires a team, for most. A lot of things we used to be able to solo, can't be soloed. This was a bad change. Yes, it will mean you lose population. I enjoyed just toodling around doing my Daily quests, quietly getting into the chaos of dragon runs or tiamat, and then at some points, actually grouping for dungeons. So, I did it all, but there were a lot of choices. Now, it feels like there's a lot less, but more grinding. So, my recommendation
5. Get out in front of all the noise on Dungeons and Skirms. Check that, you guys kinda did, but I don't think folks are happy about it. Dungeons used to be DPS races for many, which I'd liken to a sea battle. Now, there's actual class composition to consider, which kinda sucks in a game that was very buffet-style and you could just jump into a Skirm and just be the best DPS and have that carry the day. Now, you have to find competent people and now we're back to having to interact a lot more. I always thought of Dungeons as the "let's get to know people" and Skirms as the "Go go go, who the frell was that, who cares, get back in queue for SoT". It was fun. So... have some skirms and perhaps a dungeon or 2 be designed for the DPS race and some for proper comps. Brand them that way too.
6. Restore LS and Regen. Yeah, I said it. With the high dps and now arpen mobs are doing, we'll still die. If it was just done to get us spending more gold on pots and band aids, then just make gold more useful. If it was to force folks to use a Battlefield Medic, then... put that in a situation where without it, even with LS and Regen, you'd die and need it. One way would be to increase the number of normal attacks and reducing damage per attack. It gets rid of all this one-shotting and becomes more of the balancing act it was back when LS and Regen were a thing. Think constant nibble damage.
7. Restore multiple pot buffs. Was this really necessary? It only means folks are going to guzzle more/faster, thus making Alchemy more relevant.
8. 1-60 is a breeze. 60-70 feels too grindy and slow. This game is supposed to be D&D, which makes me think of going on adventures. I think Foundry and Lair quests most reflect that on a solo/day-to-day sort of thing when folks aren't necessarily feeling up to grouping.
9. Re-enable all the Sharandar zone ladders. I want the riff raff out of Malabog. Peasants.
10. Make sure the zone rewards in DS and Shar, in addition to any Dungeons and Skirms you can get through without copious cursing of Cryptic (the 3 C's) prepare you gear-wise for IWD and WoD.
11. I see a lot of BtC rewards from things like invoking. Make them BtA. For things like the Thaumaterge, you can already just pass a gem around, so now you're just penalizing ordinary players.

TL;DR restore some stuff, make some stuff a little easier, present the now-tougher stuff as it should be presented: at 70, not at 60. Respect the solo players.

Caveat: I know some decisions are setup to make money. Devs have salaries, corporate expects profits, servers and datacenters have costs. Here are a couple ideas I would pay for that we don't have now:
1. Profession Manager. Right now you can bot this ftw! Cheaters are prospering. Instead, have a Profession or something called "Profession Manager" that you can level up that will manage your profession for you so you don't have to click all the time. Each manager could manage one profession slot. Each level would indicate how many "repeats" of a task it could do without intervention. Make them BtA to not seem so greedy.
2. 2nd Active Companion Slot. I know you've all thought about it. Imagine, your Augment and Healer! Might solve a bunch of balance problems everyone's complaining about. It will also cause a lot of ZEN market activity. Also, throws a bone to the folks that just want to do some solo play.
3. Extra sockets. Add an enhancement socket to equipment. Probably need to set a limit of like 3 extra above whatever the item normally has.
Post edited by zevathon on

Comments

• urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Put Sharandar and Dread ring to Level 65 or 66 or even 70.... not 71 or higher

Urlord
  • khaymanbb1023khaymanbb1023 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    And stop allowing silly peons hit for 30,000 damage. And increase potions to give 50,000 health instead of not being a health potion but a Spiderman band-aid. Make it worth our while to spend our hard earned money, and we will.
  • tessamorseltessamorsel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Agree with most of the above. Also, perhaps patching some of the things that are very broken versus inconsequential things.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    And stop allowing silly peons hit for 30,000 damage. And increase potions to give 50,000 health instead of not being a health potion but a Spiderman band-aid. Make it worth our while to spend our hard earned money, and we will.

i dont buy pots;p are worthless.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Wait until you try a dungeon or skirmish. A zombie takes a swipe at you and BAM! 80k hp gone, even with > 42% DR. Same for every other minion-class enemy.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • phoenix1021phoenix1021 Member Posts: 532 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So, if we have nothing at level 60 except for the elemental evil quests, maybe they should be made a bit more interesting and boons moved to there? Because if that's all I get to do at 60-70, it's not a lot of content. Also would call for a total boon reset, because many people earned their boons while it was 10 times easier and a level 60 zone. Every boon earned before mod 6 would have to be reset for fairness.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Strongly disagree with 5, 6 and 7, but the rest is fine.

Epic dungeons should indeed require group play and teamwork. For a relaxed dps race there are the dungeons with no item level requirements.
  • zevathonzevathon Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I think I would also add "Have a developer start a new character and run all content at level".

I started an OP a few days ago and noticed right away that the changes were like a poorly executed surgery. Cohesion and a finished product make people think there's a company at work here and not some 15 year old doing this as an avocation.

So, for starters:
    1. Remove the quest for Cloak Tower when you can't even get in there any more.
    2. Audit dialogs in PE so that when you've talked to someone with a bullet over their head, the bullet goes away (whatever you can the square turned on it's point).
    3. Stop showing the Daily Dungeon Key as a quest if you already have a key.
    4. Fix the level 60 learn-to-salvage quest so it stops trying to take you somewhere you can't go. Right now, there's 2 places it directs you to, the closest of which isn't accessible except during an event (or so I heard).

And my wishlist:
    1. Have all AH Sales dump straight into my wallet. Having them as mail items is tedious. Instead, have a AH Log as a mail tab that shows things like "auction expired" or when the sale occurred.
    2. Have a deleted items tab. I watched my 4 year old son right click delete his artifact instead of refine. It was an accident. There should be an easy recovery for deletion.
  • lowenduslowendus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    zevathon wrote: »
    I think I would also add "Have a developer start a new character and run all content at level".

Don't even bother buddy.
    Every post that implies they had not done it gets "moderated"

Proper testing would require a character for each class, race and tree.
    You need a group of weathered playtesters and loads of time.
    Things they probably didn't have, but so important into checking if anything broke in the process.

It's obvious they didn't. I hope they do and see the imbalanced mess they had created
  • quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    M5 was fun, m6 is not :(
  • zevathonzevathon Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Well, I do see them fixing stuff, hence my post. I have hope. I also have other game options. The guild I used to run on another game continually tries to entice me back, but the playstyle I had here was what drew me and kept me. That I could play for 30 minutes and then walk away at any time without blowing the minds (anger would come later, it would be inconceivable for the RL to leave after only 2 hours of raiding) of 39 other raiders is what made this game a better fit for me. Here, I can get up, make a sandwich, and then join another queue without much effort at all and without having to engage a bunch of others to be successful.

Today's patchlist was pretty short, but the week before fixed a lot of things. I'm hoping it was a case of low hanging fruit and now they're digging in and regrouping.

They should designate one dev for smoothing out the gaming experience and have him recruit some sane playtesters. I'd buy another 2 slots (will probably do anyway, I still don't have a TR or SW) and have that at their mercy to help out with non-screaming feedback if I knew someone was listening. I can be succinct... but I've not demonstrated that here, lol

Maybe I'll write a guide on how to play the game in Mod6... you know... once I figure out how to survive in WoD without a group, to do my zone dailies.
    edited May 2015
    hustin1 wrote: »
    Wait until you try a dungeon or skirmish. A zombie takes a swipe at you and BAM! 80k hp gone, even with > 42% DR. Same for every other minion-class enemy.
    I have, it's ridiculous. We're forced to purchase healing stones, just to survive then get one hit killed again...
    edited May 2015
    i dont buy pots;p are worthless.
    Yeah, was my point. Make them worthwhile. To really clean house, they should remove the 14 second cooldown on the stones; we'd go through those in a week.