test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Harper Boward quests bugged?

zacoria1405zacoria1405 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
For the last 3 days doing the common cause quests I can only ever do 2 out of the 3 quests, the third not being available. Is this the latest bug?
Post edited by zacoria1405 on

Comments

• Options
    kodiakduckkodiakduck Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You have to talk one of the other harpers near Boward to get that quest. Normally the guy next to her.
  • Options
    mungsumungsu Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    And the other harper may not have the ! above their head. You have to see which zone you've been sent to and then talk to the appropriate harper.
  • Options
    zaknafyenzaknafyen Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This sounds like what I ran into, last night.

Picked up "Common Cause" from Harper Boward in Protectors Enclave. This had me to the usual kill stuff, collect orders, etc. It also said to complete "Ghost Stories".

Well the first time I did this, I picked it up from her, but this time she didn't have it. I figured someone else at Neverdeath may have it now. Nope. Ok, lets get done what we can. Turn those in, nothing. Go back to Harper Boward, "Oh, silly me. I forgot to give you the Ghost Stories Daily Quest. U mad?"
  • Options
    karlspaklerkarlspakler Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I find I have to do the first two, then go back to the harpers and get the third one. It seems bugged, but I believe it's just confusing.
  • Options
    telprydaintelprydain Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Happened to me - and it seems to happen when you are accepting/completing them around the time of the daily refresh. (E.g. you manage to accept and complete one of the component quests of Common Cause before you pick up Common Cause - the game won't let you re-take the mission as it thinks you've done it).
    If you don't fix it, your current Common Cause will stay forever and the ghost stories (or whatever) quest won't be re-offered, because it only triggers when you pick up Common Cause.

My fix was this: Abandon/purge all campaign related quests from the journal. Do your area daily quests, but make sure they are done and out of the journal before you log out.
    When it refreshes you'll get a new version of the quest that triggers properly.
    Casual Gamers
    Join us brothers and sisters and distant relations and confused onlookers.
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.
    "In war, unqualified. In peace, disorganised. In death, mild irritation."

JOIN US.