test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Having problems with chat

lunaticslave777lunaticslave777 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
Im frustrated on the chat feature...my wife and i both play the game and use the same internet. She can chat with no problems at all using the text or voice chat, but i cant...i cant see anything that people type neither can i hear them or they hear me. We have even tried switching Xboxes (she logs on mine and i on hers) and same problem. I have checked the options on both the Xbox and in game, and we have exactly the same ones. I haven't been much motivated on playing the game because of this, its like playing all by myself when the fun of this mmo games the fun is going in groups...anyone else having this issues or anyone know way to fix this?
Post edited by lunaticslave777 on

Comments

• metheantiherometheantihero Member Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    Have you tried
    1. One console on while the other is off
    2. Insured the NAT settings are correct (off has less issues)
    3. Using xbox voice chat instead of the games
    4. Do you receive any of the ADMIN spam chat info..eg..someone opened a box
    5. Hard reset your xbox
    6. Cleared the games cache
    If I should die on some far, far away battlefield
    Know I answered the call
    For a grand principle of freedom to yield.
    My fervent prayer is that death
    May not have been in vain
    Fighting for peace and right for the world to attain
  • jripoljripol Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Maybe some parental setting on your account? Do you have these kind of problems with any other games/apps that you both use?
  • lunaticslave777lunaticslave777 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Have you tried
    1. One console on while the other is off
    2. Insured the NAT settings are correct (off has less issues)
    3. Using xbox voice chat instead of the games
    4. Do you receive any of the ADMIN spam chat info..eg..someone opened a box
    5. Hard reset your xbox
    6. Cleared the games cache

1. Yes
    2. Everything is fine with NAT
    3. It works with Xbox chat, but problems is rarely people want to use it , especialy on pugs...if at least the text chat worked i could communicate that way.
    4. the box openings is the only thing i can see at all in the game chat and if i change to the log i can see the battle reports (damages, effects, etc)
    5. Hard reset done many times...
    6. ...Cache has been cleared as well...i even unistalled the game completely and reinstalled it!

I dont have problems with any other games or apps on the communication... :(
  • attorn97attorn97 Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    do you not get chat in Protector's Enclave, or do you not get chat anywhere?

I still don't get it in PE, only recently got it in Neverdeath, but get it everywhere else no problem.
  • lunaticslave777lunaticslave777 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i dont get it anywhere...protectors enclave, anywhere on the overworld, in dungeons or raids...i just dont get to see any chat from another player at all. Only messages i get in chat are the [Admin] ones.
  • karlspaklerkarlspakler Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You are not alone. Sometimes game chat works and sometimes it doesn't. That said, xbox one has more than its fair share of issues with parties and chat. I wish xbox spent more time on the fundamentals than letting me like someones achievements.