test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

HR single target dps build

warpsniperwarpsniper Member Posts: 10 Arc User
edited April 2015 in The Wilds
Like the title says I am looking for a single target dps build for my hunter ranger. I have been using the trapper build at the top of the forum and that does crazy damage (I haven't been beaten as top dps yet in random groups). I am now however, looking for a single target dps build (if there is one)? Any feedback will be appreciated.
Post edited by warpsniper on

Comments

• j0kerspsychoj0kerspsycho Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    warpsniper wrote: »
    Like the title says I am looking for a single target dps build for my hunter ranger. I have been using the trapper build at the top of the forum and that does crazy damage (I haven't been beaten as top dps yet in random groups). I am now however, looking for a single target dps build (if there is one)? Any feedback will be appreciated.

I suppose single target you can use archery. It can be set up for good single target damage. I would try something like this: http://nwcalc.com/index.html#/x/hr?b=1oa5:k6rwk5:8dep:2et,1fi3iii:1uu5zv:100000:100000&h=0&p=swd

This will give you prolly max damage single target but if for pvp you will get eaten alive and for pve you will lose to a rogues damage. Just my 2 cents from playing the class a bit. (the author of the guide on the forums)
    Step into the madhouse
    Aldren Boweing - 60 HR
  • katozeekatozee Member Posts: 42
    edited April 2015
    I felt a disturbance in the trapper universe, did you just recomend an archery build (shudders). Though I see you added the hindering shot observation into your post. I take it that its proving fruitful in your PvP career? As for the OP, single target build for HR along the PvP lines, still a melee build utilising full profound gear for that nice combo between the gear and feat trees. Archery has potential however you would need a high degree of babysitting from a party, since it requires someone else to manage mob agro because the closer they get to you the more your damage decreases to the point you are running away (0 damage output). Ultimately though we are not the class type designed for single target output with high numbers when compared to TR/GWF possibly even SW. PvE wise that melee build works well ish, ventured with a melee build that was sporting grim armour (so knew his game plan) in spell plague. Nothing to write home about but still more viable in terms of sustained damage output and viability over archery.
  • j0kerspsychoj0kerspsycho Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    katozee wrote: »
    I felt a disturbance in the trapper universe, did you just recomend an archery build (shudders). Though I see you added the hindering shot observation into your post. I take it that its proving fruitful in your PvP career? As for the OP, single target build for HR along the PvP lines, still a melee build utilising full profound gear for that nice combo between the gear and feat trees. Archery has potential however you would need a high degree of babysitting from a party, since it requires someone else to manage mob agro because the closer they get to you the more your damage decreases to the point you are running away (0 damage output). Ultimately though we are not the class type designed for single target output with high numbers when compared to TR/GWF possibly even SW. PvE wise that melee build works well ish, ventured with a melee build that was sporting grim armour (so knew his game plan) in spell plague. Nothing to write home about but still more viable in terms of sustained damage output and viability over archery.

Yeah, i feel....unclean lol. Aside from this, yes still mainly unbeatable, did find a wallet warrior rogue whose name i cant recall who was geared to the teeth, that was difficult to say hte least, but aside from him no one has stood out to being able to just sit on me, which is good ofc. I suggested archer > melee because he is refering to pve i suspected with the "I haven't been beaten as top dps yet in random groups". Yes melee build is good for pvp with the 4 set as a node holding, but for damage it is our worse off imo.
    Step into the madhouse
    Aldren Boweing - 60 HR