test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

No new quests at Icespire?

demetrius94demetrius94 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Alright so I just "completed" the first quest at Icespire Peak. The one where Bolbin Ironrow asks the player to kill hexers and other kinds of mobs until they find some orders. I did and the quest is completed since it's not longer in my journal. But Bolbin isn't offering me any new quests and I've searched all around Icespire to see if someone else is offering.
Nope. So is there a fix or will I have to skip Icespire Peak?
Post edited by demetrius94 on

Comments

• Options
    zanarkheneldzanarkheneld Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You may not be high enough in level to be offered the next quest. Try doing some foundry stuff until you level up, then see if he offers you anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    You may not be high enough in level to be offered the next quest. Try doing some foundry stuff until you level up, then see if he offers you anything.

I'm level 52 and the starting level of Icespire Peak is 46 so I doubt that that's the reason.
  • Options
    zanarkheneldzanarkheneld Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Did you pick up the quests from the lady dwarf near him? You need to do those too, I think. She's on the other side of the path hammering at an anvil. You may be so high that the icon doesn't pop up on the map, but maybe if you talk to her, she will give them to you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yeah I'm level 56 now went back and tried talking to everyone in the first encampment but no dice. Guess I'll have to wait until the Ranger is released to complete Icespire Peak.
  • Options
    johnnykcjohnnykc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have the same problems with icespire peak, ive finished all quests at the starting area and no one seems to give me new quests but if you look at the map ive only covered about 20% so i tried going to the next camp, triage camp and still no quests. im also level 56.
  • Options
    desorodesoro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    johnnykc wrote: »
    I have the same problems with icespire peak, ive finished all quests at the starting area and no one seems to give me new quests but if you look at the map ive only covered about 20% so i tried going to the next camp, triage camp and still no quests. im also level 56.

I had the same issue, I think we bugged it by out leveling it. Possibly a bug that only occurs if you out-level the zone by a certain amount.

Anywho, it has been reported already, so go to the next zone and save yourself the trouble :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dafuq you cryin' about? You first MMO??!
  • Options
    johnnykcjohnnykc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    desoro wrote: »
    I had the same issue, I think we bugged it by out leveling it. Possibly a bug that only occurs if you out-level the zone by a certain amount.

Anywho, it has been reported already, so go to the next zone and save yourself the trouble :)
    ok thanks for the info.
  • Options
    skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    On the last phase of icespire peak there is a trail up the mountain. At the beginning are these two golems that cc you constantly. You have to fight them every time you go up, or come down. the game designer in charge of that placement is a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. What ends up happening is people hate so much to fight them they try and run past them and end up training them into the camp.

For this reason alone, be happy you missed Icespire peak.
  • Options
    vee7272vee7272 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm facing the same problem now. I'm 53. SO there's no way to complete Icepire Peak??
    Gregg Silverkin, TR on Mindflayer

Guild: Rising Star
  • Options
    mhblis1mhblis1 Member Posts: 167 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I actually had this happen to me repeatedly. It usually occurred if I PVPed. I ended up having to log in and come back after doing a single quest in the next zone. My quest log was such a mess.
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Also, don't forget that there is one quest in Icespire that you pick up from a corpse in a cave - not from an NPC.

On the subject of Icespire - does anyone know if there is some special trick to getting that achievement point for "exploring Icespire from top to bottom" ? I have been over the entire area multiple times, but no luck...
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    mardeab83mardeab83 Member Posts: 71
    edited July 2013
    skalt112 wrote: »
    On the last phase of icespire peak there is a trail up the mountain. At the beginning are these two golems that cc you constantly. You have to fight them every time you go up, or come down. the game designer in charge of that placement is a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. What ends up happening is people hate so much to fight them they try and run past them and end up training them into the camp.

For this reason alone, be happy you missed Icespire peak.

+1
    this area was full of player hate, you are missing nothing.
    the Dev that was in charge of this zone, had just been told they are not part of the A-Team working on the new elves.
    Dev sad, Dev trained for years just to make moor elf!
  • Options
    morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Remember that once you're beyond a certain level relative to the quests in the area, the icon indicating "this dude has a quest for you" stops appearing. This does not in any way stop you getting the quest, it's simply a lot harder to find who you get quests FROM. Talk to everybody. Usually the game follows a fairly solid pattern of "first dude gives you a quest, then gives you a 'go see this dude in the next campfire' quest, while a guy standing next to him suddenly has a whole load of local quests". So for instance if you've done stuff for the dwarf by the campfire in the starting area, talk to the guys around him.

There are a lot of quests in that area, and you can do them at level 52.
  • Options
    ambershardambershard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    same issue at level 60 .. i did like 4 quest there and then no more quests given to me .. how ?
  • Options
    xoltahxoltah Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Same just happened to me. I'm lvl 58 and went there with the hand-in quest from Knox which lead to a quest to recover some *orders* which I did and handed in but beyond that NO MORE QUESTS are on offer from ANY of the npc's. I reported it via in-game ticket but no response. At least I know it's not just me - I've done most of the lower level zones while being at least 10 lvls higher than the zone without a problem except I had to hunt for the quests since they no longer show over their heads. I even checked the *preview* server and the exact same thing is happening there. But at least they are managing to correct some tooltips and Zen Market icons which I understand must rate with a higher priority so I will just have to wait for a fix when all that important stuff is fixed first.
  • Options
    morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Have you talked to ALL the NPCs? There are quite a few in icespire, but not all of them have quests (and many of those that DO have quests don't offer them until previous quests are completed). I seem to remember the low camp had at least one or two "kill X of Y" quests, at least one or two "find me X number of arbitrary things", and a quest you could get from a journal in the middle of the bit with the frozen waterfall. And of course, the final "go deliver this thing to the guy at the next campfire" quest, which opens up the next lot of quests.
  • Options
    nevereverywinternevereverywinter Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    GUYS READ THIS... i had the same problem i was looking and looking only done about 20% of the map anyway it turns out i had to speak to the dwarf reading the map on the floor again and he had 2 quests for me there... i believe this is who you talk to i hope this helped :)
  • Options
    chromenhawkchromenhawk Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Okay,

For those of you who wrote this thread ... I *THINK* I got it figured out ... key word there is capitalized and starred :P

The problem is with games where we can reload from a save point, we can all figure out what the trigger is and what is going on. We can't do that here cause no reload off of save
    In the main encampment is Markos Roznar, you get a little toottip mentioning him in your journal.

Read the journal entry. ( that step seems to need to happen too )

Cool -- so a sneaky suspicious guy -- WHERE is my **** next quest?!?
    I call up my Journal again just to figure out if I am gonna do my Dragon Dailies or go to the Scar or what and WHOA -- Goblin Warrens? WTF? when did I get THAT mission?

clciky clicky -- it is at the very end of the camp on the way to the Dragon.
    Inside the warren in a dead end just above the healing fire all dungeons seem to magically have for us guys tearing the dungeon apart ( I like polite undead hosts don't you? ) that has a box you can interact with to start a NEW Quest which is to expose Roznar.

Standard kill the boss at the end of the tunnel. Easy boss actually just 15 **** traps on the floor he is surrounded by

Out you go turn the quests in and VIOLA -- you get sent on to the next camp the way you were supposed to.

So the secret seems to be talking to Markos and something else -- even though I suspect you were not SUPPOSED to be required to. It may have gotten put in front of the quest intiation instead of at the end
  • Options
    trpotatosyndrometrpotatosyndrome Member Posts: 110
    edited May 2015
    Okay,

For those of you who wrote this thread ... I *THINK* I got it figured out ... key word there is capitalized and starred :P

The problem is with games where we can reload from a save point, we can all figure out what the trigger is and what is going on. We can't do that here cause no reload off of save
    In the main encampment is Markos Roznar, you get a little toottip mentioning him in your journal.

Read the journal entry. ( that step seems to need to happen too )

Cool -- so a sneaky suspicious guy -- WHERE is my **** next quest?!?
    I call up my Journal again just to figure out if I am gonna do my Dragon Dailies or go to the Scar or what and WHOA -- Goblin Warrens? WTF? when did I get THAT mission?

clciky clicky -- it is at the very end of the camp on the way to the Dragon.
    Inside the warren in a dead end just above the healing fire all dungeons seem to magically have for us guys tearing the dungeon apart ( I like polite undead hosts don't you? ) that has a box you can interact with to start a NEW Quest which is to expose Roznar.

Standard kill the boss at the end of the tunnel. Easy boss actually just 15 **** traps on the floor he is surrounded by

Out you go turn the quests in and VIOLA -- you get sent on to the next camp the way you were supposed to.

So the secret seems to be talking to Markos and something else -- even though I suspect you were not SUPPOSED to be required to. It may have gotten put in front of the quest intiation instead of at the end

Do you know how dumb you're looking right now? Replying with a wall of text to a TWO YEAR OLD THREAD.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.