test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Radiant Enchantment

xsayajinx1xsayajinx1 Member Posts: 1,936 Arc User
edited April 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Is Radiant Enchantment still BiS in mod6? Offense + defense slots?

Or did other enchants become viable? (Azure/dark/draconic/black ice/silvery/savage/brutal)
Post edited by xsayajinx1 on

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    xsayajinx1 wrote: »
    Is Radiant Enchantment still BiS in mod6? Offense + defense slots?

Or did other enchants become viable? (Azure/dark/draconic/black ice/silvery/savage/brutal)

It seems azure and dark have more demand than radiant these days.

I assume azure is used for defense and dark is used for ArP.
    That is what I am gearing for anyway.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    No. The relative value of Lifesteal, Armor Penetration and Critical Strike has increased. Stacking power is no longer the BiS option for some builds.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    itstheyokitstheyok Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i would imagine azures being in quite high demand for stacking defense via the companion gear from SCA with 2 slots....upto 12000 defense needed now, depending on race and AC to get back to the 30% damage resistance we have been used to :)
  • Options
    alexgabriel23alexgabriel23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 276
    edited April 2015
    you get 1 hit as tank no matter ur defense everypoint of HP is insane needed since mobs and bosses hit like 200-400k when they catch you with guard cuz u have to do a daily spell or uhm i guess taunt?
  • Options
    arministerarminister Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Azures are in high demand because in utility slots they provide an additional XP bonus.

Probably they'll go down in a month or so.
  • Options
    mjytreszmjytresz Member Posts: 500 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    arminister wrote: »
    Azures are in high demand because in utility slots they provide an additional XP bonus.

Probably they'll go down in a month or so.

The only correct answer so far.
    ArPen is in high demand because mobs have a lot more armor, up to 60% or so on some of them.

Personally, I leveled with Dragon Hoard enchants in my Utility slots. If I'm gonna grind a bajillion mobs, I might as well get some RP from it. I've leveled two toons to 70 so far and I've come out with a dozen or so Black Opals each.
    Broken mechanics, broken class designs, lack of actual content, and over zealous, bronze-age moderation?

Go Cryptic!
    PS - I quit.
  • Options
    katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Defense is useless, takes too many points to gain anything.

DR is useless, mobs have armor penetration now and ignore like 20%+ of your DR, plus there are mobs that debuff your DR, even to negatives.

HP is everything.
  • Options
    zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Silvery Enchants have also gotten popular, apparently for stacking deflect for certain builds
    Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
    Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

• Options
    mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    HP is everything.

If true, then this game is really messed up.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    HPs were everything last mod, too -- or rather, gear got you to diminishing returns on offensive and defensive stats, so radiants for HPs and Power were all most people slotted.

I know that when I hit mid-60s on my SW I pulled out a bunch of radiants from my defense slots and put in darks in the vain hope of having decent lifesteal again. And I'm about to pull out the radiants from the offense slots and put in darks for armor pen, maybe a couple azures for crit.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    hp is still everything.
    armor pen is useless.. is easily stackable.
  • Options
    bwowmpbwowmp Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Why?

This is a D&D-based MMORPG. Emphasis on "D&D". I grew up playing D&D on paper with dice. HP was more important then than anything else. It was absolutely key to survivability. There was no Soulforge to save you after a stupid mistake, and no such thing as non-healing party members running over to "revive" you after you were already dead. I think that making HP more important and critical to a creating a good build might be one of the things the Dev team got absolutely right in Mod 6.

Time will tell.

Just my 2 cents from an old-timer who knows D&D really well.
  • Options
    aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    My Azures go in my offense slots. I could put R12 azures in every defense slot, and would probably have only about 15% DR. Putting a Radiant in every defense slot wouldn't make much difference. Mobs have far more DR now, so I doubt ArP will be that easy to stack, though I haven't looked closely at the new gear.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    aulduron wrote: »
    My Azures go in my offense slots. I could put R12 azures in every defense slot, and would probably have only about 15% DR. Putting a Radiant in every defense slot wouldn't make much difference. Mobs have far more DR now, so I doubt ArP will be that easy to stack, though I haven't looked closely at the new gear.

As far as i know commons mobs have 40 -50 dr and bosses around 80.. 8000 armor pen is easily stackable with common gear
  • Options
    mjytreszmjytresz Member Posts: 500 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    bwowmp wrote: »
    Why?

This is a D&D-based MMORPG. Emphasis on "D&D". I grew up playing D&D on paper with dice. HP was more important then than anything else. It was absolutely key to survivability. There was no Soulforge to save you after a stupid mistake, and no such thing as non-healing party members running over to "revive" you after you were already dead. I think that making HP more important and critical to a creating a good build might be one of the things the Dev team got absolutely right in Mod 6.

Time will tell.

Just my 2 cents from an old-timer who knows D&D really well.

This must be why CON does next to nothing and an extra 5k HP won't save you from an attack that easily doubles your max HP.
    Broken mechanics, broken class designs, lack of actual content, and over zealous, bronze-age moderation?

Go Cryptic!
    PS - I quit.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    mjytresz wrote: »
    This must be why CON does next to nothing and an extra 5k HP won't save you from an attack that easily doubles your max HP.

Con should based on total hp. God i would work for them free
  • Options
    katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Akar Kessell deals 12823 (9877) Psychic Damage to you with Corrupted Missile. -30%
    Akar Kessell deals 13673 (9780) Psychic Damage to you with Corrupted Missile. -40%
    Akar Kessell deals 17362 (12783) Necrotic Damage to you with Black Ice Orb. -35%
    Black Ice Beholder deals 81266 (48464) Cold Damage to you with Ice Ray. -67%

What's the point of DR?

There is something very wrong with the game.
  • Options
    schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    zeusom wrote: »
    Silvery Enchants have also gotten popular, apparently for stacking deflect for certain builds

I dont see why ?
    What the point to got 10% more deflect if you cannot reach more then 40%?

With rads you can add 28k more hp isnt this a better option ? Then 10 % more deflect?
    Any way no defensive will keep you alive in T2 is dmg around 150-4mill .
    Mybe with full con full rads you can survive 1 hit "mybe "w/o KV or Pallys Protection daly.
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    If you have high deflect due to your class/ build, deflect for defense slots might be an option. Otherwise most ppl go for HP in PvE and PvP.

For offense it depends on your class/ build. DC: I play rightous. Some feats depend on a crit, so I changed some radiants to azure in my offense slots in Mod 6. Exe TR: He gets some Armor Pen from feats and has 100% crit from stealth, so I will try a CD reduction/ high power build. CW I saw some BIS CWs with 14k+ crit/ power.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Golden for HP gain; Darks for Armor Penetration gain; Blues for XP gain - once at 70 most will either keep it (for bonus XP) or swap for Timora's Lucky or possibly more darks for movement (which always seemed to have never worked for me in a noticeable way....) Some PvPers might go for the Glory boost, Idunno.

Anyway, that's what I've been seeing.
  • Options
    rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It's still the best option for defense at the moment, but not BIS for offense anymore, no.
  • Options
    neopreenneopreen Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    As far as I know and tested with act the bosses have about 40% DR - also dungeon ones.
    I haven´t been able to get some nice data from Tiamat yet...
    Effectiveness does not go above 140% until there are no other buffs.
    I dunno yet why some hits deal less effective dmg than others (comparing HRs ranged and melee at-wills, where melee hits deal constant 140%, but ranged in a range from below 100% til 140%).

To get back to the topic:
    For HRs Radiant is the BiS for off and def-slots. In theory you can end up with >100% dmg bonus, 60% res ignore, 35% crt, 25% DR and about 125k HP - if using Radiants only, focussing on pwr and HP.
    For OPs I also think they are BiS. In theory you can end up with about 50% dmg bonus, 43% res ignore, 42% crt, 30% DR and about 175k HP - if using Radiants only, focussing on HP and pwr.

But... all and everthing depends on your playstyle and personal favours...

Just... have fun and enjoy the game^^