test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Weapon not seen as equipped

pentnoirpentnoir Member Posts: 89 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Bug Reports (Xbox One)
I logged in this morning to discover that the game thinks that I do not have a weapon equiped, but I most definitely do have one equipped. I am unable to perform any weapon skill as it gives me an error saying "You must equip a weapon".

I have tried unequiping and re-equiping, change instance, restart game, restart xbox, unplug xbox power and restart. None of that got the game to see that my weapon is equiped.

The only thing that works is equiping a different weapon. I bought a cheap sword to test and it worked and saw it as equipped. So I'm guessing that my weapon has become corrupted in the saved data. The weapon is "Longsword of the vanguard" a level 57 green.

EDIT: I had some glory saved up and bought a sword. I'm not stuck without a good weapon, but something must be going on at the server end to mess up my old weapon.

Edit: Since then I have been using the logout function before I turn off the xbox or quit the game and I haven't had a repeat of this bug.
Post edited by pentnoir on

Comments

• fallenseedfallenseed Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Same issues with the same weapon.
    Equipped the weapon the night before and had no problems with it up until logging in the next day.

User: Zankoku@Fallen SeeD
  • pentnoirpentnoir Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ahh, its been awhile. I forgot to try a clear saved game data in the xbox settings->system. If you don't care about your saved game data, then give that a shot. Otherwise, make a ticket at arc support if it was a good weapon that is not easily replaced, or just replace it because that weapon will never be usable again.
  • kiriraskiriras Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7 Perfect World Employee
    edited May 2015
    Actually I've seen others with this bug. It only affects the Longsword of the Vanguard that you receive from the Illithid Enclave quest. If you pick it up it works okay.
  • husselrhusselr Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I am having the same issue as well with the Longsword of the Vanguard. In the tooltip it lists the weapon as a "ranged, implement, blade, pact blade." This is clearly wrong. I would like this issue fixed so I can use the item for transmutation. Thanks.
  • blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    i remember this bug on the pc its was halarious.