test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Pirate King is the last choice to have AD and now you removed it!

doompinoydoompinoy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 8 Arc User
edited April 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Every time that there is DD our guild is so happy to play PK bec of loots and camaraderie but when you introduced mod 6 a lot of changes happened the bottom line is limiting the players to grind and force to buy your zen to convert it to AD. Nice strategy same thing happened to other online games.
Post edited by doompinoy on

Comments

• urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have to agree about PK...

It was about the only DD I ran.

I do miss it

Every group could make it through

I have yet to make it through a single new Epic

Very Sad

Urlord
  • adsfelipeadsfelipe Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    this game is almost dead..
  • blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    doompinoy wrote: »
    Every time that there is DD our guild is so happy to play PK bec of loots and camaraderie but when you introduced mod 6 a lot of changes happened the bottom line is limiting the players to grind and force to buy your zen to convert it to AD. Nice strategy same thing happened to other online games.
    because of this this game will die.
  • pancakeattaxpancakeattax Member Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015

pirate_cat.jpg
  • blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    pirate_cat.jpg

ahahahahahaaha your my new fav person.
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    xsayajinx1 wrote: »
    "Pirate King Is The Last Choice To Have AD And Now You Removed It!"

There is still the good old Leadership to make steady AD income! ;)

Not that much fun like running PK but still an AD source.

What about people who don't have the leadership army? It's a cheap excuse for their (dev) greed. Play for about half a year and you'll start to get AD, not much of an intensive.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    When I want to make ADs i do Kessell's. The chest is open 24/7 and a run takes me 8-10 mins on average. Not too bad for 3 to 6k rAD with blue drops. I'm still sending extra loots to alts to refine, but you have to adapt, ie do what human beings are supposed to be best at.
  • stevedudemanstevedudeman Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't PK exploited to all hell? I know it's a dirty word on the forums but relevant here... Hopefully, they are just reworking it so it can't be exploited...
  • kurtb88kurtb88 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    kalindra wrote: »
    Not really.
    For most parties it wasn't much faster (or even slower, waiting for the despawn) than just fighting through the docks and less bothersome.
    But yes, it was fun, because it was easy, fast, and noone bothered to inspect and kick you.

oh please...

It was "easy, fast, and noone bothered to inspect and kick you" BECAUSE everyone exploited the dungeon in order to get to the end boss immediately.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Even if it was brought back, the spawning archers would 1 shot you at the final boss.
  • gleichgewichtnwgleichgewichtnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    kurtb88 wrote: »
    oh please...

It was "easy, fast, and noone bothered to inspect and kick you" BECAUSE everyone exploited the dungeon in order to get to the end boss immediately.

Was there any exploit? I ran it many times. Alwys it was just "run and ignore the mobs till you get to the bosses". But we never exploited it...with pure randoms groups I mean.
  • kurtb88kurtb88 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Was there any exploit? I ran it many times. Alwys it was just "run and ignore the mobs till you get to the bosses". But we never exploited it...with pure randoms groups I mean.

Are you serious? Everyone and their dog that ran PK runs knew and was expected to use it. Being able to abuse the help system to teleport to the end boss is an exploit regardless of how you want to mince words. And it's the only reason all the players loved Dungeon Delve hour and PK. They could do ten runs in that hour. Cryptic finally deals with it and threads appear that the sky is falling because of this and Neverwinter is now a doomed mmo.

It's laughable.
  • pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    diogene0 wrote: »
    When I want to make ADs i do Kessell's. The chest is open 24/7 and a run takes me 8-10 mins on average. Not too bad for 3 to 6k rAD with blue drops. I'm still sending extra loots to alts to refine, but you have to adapt, ie do what human beings are supposed to be best at.

Mod6 Kessel's is about 20 times harder than Mod5 Pirate King.

A random group will likely not be able to finish Kessel's.
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Actually I found LOL to be just as good for AD...you finished the whole thing pretty quick. Once the chests get fixed so we can get the AD during Dungeons that we are supposed to be getting(without the key) then you will be able to get about 12k RAD per dungeon hour if you run the non-Epic 3-man dungeons which take less than 15 minutes to run. Thats if you want RAD since prior to last weeks patch Mod 6 was giving 3k RAD. Yes I know PK you could salvage the weap for more than that but 2 hours in the dungeons event and you will fill up your total allotment of RAD to refine for the day
  • gleichgewichtnwgleichgewichtnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    kurtb88 wrote: »
    Are you serious? Everyone and their dog that ran PK runs knew and was expected to use it. Being able to abuse the help system to teleport to the end boss is an exploit regardless of how you want to mince words. And it's the only reason all the players loved Dungeon Delve hour and PK. They could do ten runs in that hour. Cryptic finally deals with it and threads appear that the sky is falling because of this and Neverwinter is now a doomed mmo.

It's laughable.

As I said. I never had this. :eek:
  • mifiisumifiisu Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    As I said. I never had this. :eek:

Neither have I
    I've encountered running through but never the GM help thing (only read about that on the forums)
    But then again, I used to prefer eLoL to PK and I also prefered pugs over pre-mades (that was where the fun and challenge lied)
  • translucentwolftranslucentwolf Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    There are better reasons why this game will fail. The change to DD are minor compared to what's happened to solo endgame content.

Hey, Cryptic. Just a suggestion here... take a good hard look at your server's population during peak hours, and take note of any trends you see.
  • pycon929pycon929 Member Posts: 50
    edited April 2015
    Sounds like another "I want my easy AD farming back!!!" thread.

Go farm heralds in WoD for greater belts and stop crying about missing content.

Adapt or die
  • walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    lol heralds sure are easy

granted PK was exploited since day 1 (along with many other dungeons) but it's a fact that many methods of earning AD have been severely nerfed (lord dailies, leadership etc)
  • pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    pycon929 wrote: »

Adapt or die

Farming Dragon Heralds now? It's pretty darn tough. You have to either beg for an invite into a full instance, where people are hesitant to invite you due to lag concerns, or you struggle mightily to kill even one dragon and most likely fail.
  • methecsgodmethecsgod Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This post https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9213383-neverwinter%3A-looking-into-elemental-evil acknowledges that they removed the dungeons for a reason and are looking into resolving the issue.
  • quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You can get the AD from 3man dungeon as well, though it consume the keys now. (but still its 3k easy AD)
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited April 2015

There were people who actually enjoyed pk? Thats sad, it was such a boring, easy, horrible dungeon and I am glad to see it gone. However, CN and EDV on the other hand...they need reviving. They were actually fun and they weren't a brain dead experience the way pk was.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    pycon929 wrote: »

Adapt or die

Really, only ONE way to make ADs other than invest into leadership? How is being limited to one thing good?