test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What's in a name

vintagevivvintageviv Member Posts: 23 Arc User
While I consistently enjoy my adventures in NW, one of the things that really grinds my gears is that there are way too many players with incredibly inappropriate names that somehow I constantly bump into. I can't think of any other MMO that doesn't have a profanity filter on names. It is incredibly annoying to bump into "people" with character names like "slap a hoe, sheb*tch, references to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, the n-word, f-word or even the c-word". Or can I just somehow never have to see them or God forbid be grouped with them? Certainly I am not alone in this.
Post edited by vintageviv on

Comments

• Options
    negepicmaggotnegepicmaggot Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    To be honest player names don't concern me....having way to much fun to even care!
  • Options
    tristan313tristan313 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I get a good laugh at some of them (the inappropriate/border-pushing ones), and some I like to see from popular references. Lots of GoT guys, SAO Kiritos out there... and others I admire for their originality (not being any fantasy/pop reference I know, and not random generated from the game). I'm surprised there aren't more Oliver Queen HRs out there -> I seem to be the one and only out there... :\
  • Options
    vintagevivvintageviv Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    GoT themed, LOTR themed are all fine. It is the names that would get your fired if you ever used them at work that are bothersome. I just have standards I guess and that is a quality in our society that is dwindling quickly. A profanity filter on names would be great though. Just my two cents.
  • Options
    tristan313tristan313 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Nah, I hear ya and totally agree - I'm surprised there aren't outright swearwords for names already. I'd also like to point out the chat section is also out of control and a complete cesspit a majority of the time. I'll have to see if there's anything I can do to completely collapse that section when next I play, or if not, I'd love to have in-game functionality for it - tired of seeing all the trash and swearing on there.
  • Options
    feileacan1967feileacan1967 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'd like a report name function myself. kids play this as well and frankly some names are just disgusting.