test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Weapon enchants????

daddygamesalotdaddygamesalot Member Posts: 47 Arc User
after hitting 60 I now am getting boss loot of enchants that say something like "after refineing becomes an enchant? how does this work and it says I need 3 of the enchant to be able to use it........ please explain
Post edited by daddygamesalot on

Comments

• illestgliderillestglider Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    In order to refine a shard you need 3 others, so basically you need 4 in total and they need to be of the same enchantment. This refining process has a 1% chance of success so you basically need the guarantee success ward from the Zen shop as well. Once refined you will have a lesser enchantment of the type that the shards indicated.
  • strandthemanstrandtheman Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hello there.

Pretty much the weapon/armor enchantments work just like other forms of the refining upgrades (i.e. artifacts, runestones, normal enchantments, etc.) except the only initial materials to upgrade into a working product are just additional copies of itself.

You simply have the option to attempt an upgrade of an enchant when you possess four (4) shards of the same one (select item and the "refine" option). There is a small chance for weapon/armor enchantments to successfully upgrade though which means using a ward to ensure success or from wasting your materials is a necessity.

If you don't know what wards are, wards are extra items you place in the "ward" slot when you're ready to upgrade an item. They mainly serve as a means to protect your required upgrade materials from being spent should you actually fail the attempt. The ward is lost in the process instead of your materials, however, should the attempt be successful, the ward is kept and the materials are exhausted as normal. A "Coalescent Ward" is very useful as it guarantees a successful upgrade no matter what, but both it and your materials are used up in the process.

Hope that helps!
  • awrex1977awrex1977 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Wards can drop from coffers in vault of piety (the coins you can only hold 7 of that require you to log in and invoke daily to keep), when you get 7 of the coins, buy the coffer that costs 7.

Wards can also be purchased w/ trade bars.

And enchants can be found on the AH, chances are they won't be cheap - farming them, refining them, and the cost to do so isn't cheap.
  • daddygamesalotdaddygamesalot Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    so if I want a plague fire and soulforged enchants I will need 4 shards of those enchants?
    edited April 2015
    not sure if Plague Fire shards drop. Lesser ones pop up in lockboxes every once in a while.

4 Soulforged shards are needed to craft a lesser Soulforged.

There are currently 4 ranks of Epics - lesser, normal, greater, perfect.

4 shards to get lesser

To upgrade from lesser to normal, you need 2 lesser

To upgrade from normal to greater, you need 2 normal

To upgrade from greater to perfect, you need 2 greater

If you want to craft from shard to perfect on your own, you will need to repeat this process numerous times and need to farm quite a few shards... it's early and I haven't had coffee, but I think it's either 32 or 64 shards total to do it your self

Not to mention you have to refine the enchants, and use marks... It makes more sense to buy them on the AH TBH, but will (and should) cost A LOT of AD.
  • r3ppartr3ppart Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I was wondering how to use enchants. Seems a bit excessive to have to have FOUR enchants before you can use it.
    edited April 2015
    r3ppart wrote: »
    I was wondering how to use enchants. Seems a bit excessive to have to have FOUR enchants before you can use it.

Refining is the grind in this game, leveling not so much.

Pretty much any body is going to end up decked out in purples, they are kind of spoon fed to you.

Getting enchants to above rank 7, refining Artifacts, maxing professions and such is the time sink and where you start to boost your toon with the stuff that the aforementioned provides...

IE...

Lesser Vorpal = +12% crit severity

Perfect Vorpal = +50% crit severity

Personalized Rings (from Jewelcrafting) = 250/250 stats, Offensive & Defensive slots

Shirts/Pants, Armor Kits, etc from professions

All content is playable and available to pretty much everybody, you can level a character to 60 on accident in a month... needs to be something in place that keeps you wanting more

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Enchanting

After rank 6 is where things start to get intimidating (Epic Enchants are considered rank 7)