test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The obscenity filter is out of control

uloi1234uloi1234 Member Posts: 44
Every other word seems to get filtered. Example "got" What could possibly be wrong with the word got? "Hey guys I just got <insert cool new weapon or armor here>."

Edit.

I even looked it up on the urbandictionary in case it meant something to the young and hip. Turkish word for a person rear end is the best thing I came up with?
Post edited by uloi1234 on

Comments

• danny3421danny3421 Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Got isn't a bad word.
  • duncanmacleod08duncanmacleod08 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    yes it is a little out of control and could use a tune down or option to diable the filter all togethor for those of us who don't care about obscenities.
  • pufpuffpasspufpuffpass Member Posts: 88
    edited April 2015
    Only thing I can think of is G.o.T. Game of Thrones. These guys seem very angry when anything they didn't create is mentioned. Like if I say eso thread might get locked. <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Sorry, guess I said it in the example.
  • amgfailamgfail Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    "Nah" is also blocked, which is odd.. but every 10 seconds I see someone win a Rage Drake with a name like "Tittymaster" or something with a reference to male <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
    Snivy - 60 Spellstorm Renegade Control Wizard
    Abigore - 60 Hellbringer Fury Scourge Warlock
    -XBOX ONE PLAYER ONLY-
  • feileacan1967feileacan1967 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    amgfail wrote: »
    "Nah" is also blocked, which is odd.. but every 10 seconds I see someone win a Rage Drake with a name like "Tittymaster" or something with a reference to male <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

I'll agree and I'd like to see a report player function in game.
  • alisi1alisi1 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You can turn the filter off. It's under options, then chat I believe. (The one you get to by hitting escape on your keyboard. )
  • alisi1alisi1 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Oh just realized this is Xbox thread. My bad. If it's like the pc version though, that's where you need to look.
  • amgfailamgfail Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    alisi1 wrote: »
    Oh just realized this is Xbox thread. My bad. If it's like the pc version though, that's where you need to look.

Yeah, there's no option for that at all on Xbox. Also no option to block players in-game that troll chats or spam you group invites, which seems to be an ever increasing trend on Xbox.
    Snivy - 60 Spellstorm Renegade Control Wizard
    Abigore - 60 Hellbringer Fury Scourge Warlock
    -XBOX ONE PLAYER ONLY-
  • domeniquesolarisdomeniquesolaris Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Funny how they are so strict on the language sensor but couldn't give a rats <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>$ about peoples ingame names. So many racist, political, religous or dealing with diety and sexual referenced names. Doesn't make any sense......:confused:
  • uloi1234uloi1234 Member Posts: 44
    edited April 2015
    Funny how they are so strict on the language sensor but couldn't give a rats <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>$ about peoples ingame names. So many racist, political, religous or dealing with diety and sexual referenced names. Doesn't make any sense......:confused:

Yes I'm pretty surprised at what people are able to get away with for in game names.
  • metheantiherometheantihero Member Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    They are slowly cleaning up players names. Friend of mine was forced to change his name.
    If I should die on some far, far away battlefield
    Know I answered the call
    For a grand principle of freedom to yield.
    My fervent prayer is that death
    May not have been in vain
    Fighting for peace and right for the world to attain
  • uloi1234uloi1234 Member Posts: 44
    edited May 2015
    BTW I now just add a # to anything I say. Kills the filter.
  • thezer0fluxthezer0flux Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    They are slowly cleaning up players names. Friend of mine was forced to change his name.
    That's good to hear. I've seen some truly offensive character names out there.