test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What class is your main?

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
Hey guys, I'm curious as to what class people are choosing as their mains. Whether it's the character they started off with or a later character who they realized they liked way more. Let me know!

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• zaknafyenzaknafyen Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Great Weapons Fighter

I've tried them all and played most to at least Level 20. In the end, Great Weapons Fighter was so much more satisfying than any other class. Armor looks great, wielding a giant two-handed sword really makes me feel like a berserker class! The kind of class that people go, "Whoa, look at that guy! We need a guy like that in our party!"

8/10 (Only reason this isn't 10/10 is because I would love to see additional paragon options, such as dual-wielding with heavier but slower attacks or something to that effect)
  • thezer0fluxthezer0flux Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    My main is a TR, but I've been working on a support/healing SW that I'm enjoying quite a bit. Everyone seems to go high DPS with the SW, which is a great choice, but I want to see if I can make a team-focused, full-on-support SW that really benefits my group. It might end up being <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, and he doesn't solo all that well, but I'm having as much fun with my SW as I do with my TR -- and that's saying something.
  • awrex1977awrex1977 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Control Wizard.

I like to melt things.

Started back when I was a kid playing D & D (was typically a Fighter/Magic-User - full disclosure and all), back when I got introduced to MMO's (you are still missed EQOA) I played a Wizard as my main. Every game that gives me an option to play a Wizard type role, I have played.

I have 7 characters planned out and 4 of them rolled.

Hoping that there is a Druid somewhere in future plans, would assume they would be a blast in Neverwinter... a weird DPS/Control/Healer hybrid of sorts...
    edited April 2015
    My main is a TR, but I've been working on a support/healing SW that I'm enjoying quite a bit. Everyone seems to go high DPS with the SW, which is a great choice, but I want to see if I can make a team-focused, full-on-support SW that really benefits my group. It might end up being <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, and he doesn't solo all that well, but I'm having as much fun with my SW as I do with my TR -- and that's saying something.

You're wanting a Hellbringer Temptation SW build. Great for solo and even better in groups. You're healing and group healing, while dpsing.
    edited April 2015
    zaknafyen wrote: »
    You're wanting a Hellbringer Temptation SW build. Great for solo and even better in groups. You're healing and group healing, while dpsing.
    That's the obvious choice. I'm trying to make something built with Soulbinder though. I don't know if I'll even keep this toon, but I wanted to play around with something different. He might totally suck. If so, I'll respec or delete and start again.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ok i have drunk quite a bit at dinner but i dont think it s enough to develop superpowers like being able to see the future...
    Didnt we already have this conversation?
  • krad777krad777 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    My main is a spellstorm CW which Im loving right now in both PVE and PVP. Made a TR for ****s and giggles but will be deleting to make an HR. 2 characters is all I can manage right now.
    "An Idle mind is the devils workshop"
    edited April 2015
    That's the obvious choice. I'm trying to make something built with Soulbinder though. I don't know if I'll even keep this toon, but I wanted to play around with something different. He might totally suck. If so, I'll respec or delete and start again.

For sure. From what I understand, SB is balanced more around self-sustainability and soloing over group utility. Probably why we don't currently see a whole lot of SB Damnation SWs around right now. I'm hoping some sort of change comes around with SB as those skills just seem a whole lot more fun. For me, more mechanics means Increasing Difficulty + No-Keyboard Facerolling = Very Fun!
  • brandonv516brandonv516 Member Posts: 89
    edited April 2015

I originally went from HB Fury to SB Temptation. There's a video floating around of a SW soloing CN with an SB Temptation spec and he explains his setup in another video (SinBad I think his name is).

Anyways, I didn't expect that I could mirror his same results but I tried it anyways. Needless to say, I didn't like the build. I found it too distracting to manage the soul balls and I didn't like having to choose some of the SB powers over others more favorable.

In the end, I chose an HB Temptation build. I did four t2 runs last night and I out-healed our DC 2/3 times - the 4th run I took care of the heals without a DC. It's a fun build and well appreciated by the group you run with!
  • reallyreconreallyrecon Member Posts: 170 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    Cleric, Virtuous HoT/Buff build. I had a blast soloing 1-60 and still enjoy both solo and group play, though I'm leveling one of each class for flavor (can I get a hell yeah 90% off character slots anybody!?). My primary alts will definitely be my CW and SW, though I'm really curious how fun my HR will be once I actually get a chance to play it.
    Recon - 60 Cleric
    Gamertag: ReallyRecon
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    No paladin as a choice?
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
    edited April 2015
    bioshrike wrote: »
    No paladin as a choice?
    No Paladin on Xbox One, so... no.
    edited April 2015
    Wow, currently DC is ahead in the poll. It's early, but I didn't expect that at all. Based on what I see while out in the world, DCs don't seem all that common.
  • thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    HR since mod 3.
    Tried other but HR is best for me. Requires some skill to play and ughm- work around some(plenty) of bugs - ughm but I like it.
    second option was SW or GF.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Was the same Devoted Cleric character since alpha/beta/launch until now. Only because Paladin wasn't around.

But now... :D
  • bumfuzzlerbumfuzzler Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Started with a HR, then deleted it, then started a TR (which is a level 36), then started a CW (which is a level 28), then started with another HR (which is now a level 16). Also, briefly tried a GF and GWR, but couldn't get into being a predominately melee-based character.

NW is my first MMORPG, and I am greatly enjoying the experience.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    No Paladin on Xbox One, so... no.

My bad... wrong forum section. :confused:
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • mizzou0mizzou0 Member Posts: 41
    edited April 2015
    Got a TR to 60 in full t1 pvp gear then decided it wasn't for me and made a CW. I usually play a ranged toon and don't see myself changing from my CW.
    MIZZOU
    Control Wizard
  • sentinelx3sentinelx3 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    RiDO Cleric, gotta love them 100k+ crits.

Sucks at times though because everyone has this idea that clerics can ONLY heal, not that I am against healing (which I have to do in dungeon finder groups) but would be nice to be able to find groups that let me dps and not insta kick when they see I'm a cleric.

Other than that I have almost all classes at alteast 30, GWF and SW are my current second favorites.
  • fukiiyufukiiyu Member Posts: 159 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    TRickster Rogue... Duhh it's the most OP class with no skill required, why would anyone pick anything else? lol.
  • anyolname716anyolname716 Member Posts: 47
    edited April 2015
    If so many people are playing clerics, then why are groups always looking for one?
  • karivaakarivaa Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    DC all the way. I played a holy Paladin in WOW. Once a healer, always a healer :)
  • demonstorms56demonstorms56 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Soul binder dps sw all the way
    Demons Run When A Good Man Goes To War
  • melouche2melouche2 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Devoted Cleric ftw!

I am really surprised to see that many DC but then again maybe the the majority of the people who use the forums are healers.
  • tristan313tristan313 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Started out with the GWF, tried all except for the CW, and ended up loving the Cleric. I'm also very surprised at the poll results... I see a fair amount of DCs running around, but no more than any other class...
  • danfilmsdanfilms Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    DC all the way. I played a holy Paladin in WOW. Once a healer, always a healer

Holy Priest reporting in, this man speaks the truth.
  • tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Witch Doctor, oh, sorry, wrong game :p
  • jjb828jjb828 Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm a GF, but I'm surprised to see the amount of Clerics.
    Check out the Neverwinter/ESO guild Rogue's Gallery! While you're at our forums, submit an application and join our glorious regime!