test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

mandatory party build for dungeon queue

d4rkastarothd4rkastaroth Member Posts: 8 Arc User
This game would really benefit from a mandatory party requirement system for the dungeon queue i.e tank, healer, dps, dps, dps. Im gonna give my own perspective here the way random dungeon queues work in this game is stupid if you had a mandatory party build you wouldn't have so much Vote to kick abuse btw im not sure if you guys at pw even play this on xb1 but you should go home to night a try queuing for a epic dungeon as anything other than a GF or cleric just to see how many times you get kicked and how many times you get timed out or server not responding
Post edited by d4rkastaroth on

Comments

• metheantiherometheantihero Member Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    As a tank (GF gs 13.5) , I have noticed there is not enough of us or even clerics to fill those two slots. With everyone paying more attention to GS, the kicking will continue. On several occasions I have voted NO to having a cleric kicked, but the majority rules. And yes I have also been kicked upon entering a dungeon. I laugh, because it only takes me less then a minute to get into another dungeon, while those guys sit and wait. Hopefully soon we will get the rise of tiamat 24 player raid, and with it you do not have to be in a group. So no kicking can happen.
    If I should die on some far, far away battlefield
    Know I answered the call
    For a grand principle of freedom to yield.
    My fervent prayer is that death
    May not have been in vain
    Fighting for peace and right for the world to attain
  • tisser202tisser202 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I would have to agree, something needs to get fixed. Today i have been kicked more times then i would like to mention. I finally got in on lair of the mad dragon, managed to make it all the way to the boss only to lose the tank, have another scourge warlock join and I guess out of the both of us i drew the short straw and was kicked, where is the reward for me spending the 30 minutes or so making it all the way to the end only to get booted prior to beating the boss. Its total bs and a serious flaw to end game raids, WOW managed to make the queing process effectively select the required individuals prior to starting the raid and im sure it was not an indepth scientific process.
  • oryxwinsomeoryxwinsome Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I've yet to be kicked due to gear score (maybe because I'm a cleric?), but I have seen it happen. Whenever I run with a random group from the queue, some say in group chat "sorry <charName>, gs too low" then vote to kick. Honestly, as long as people are playing their role who cares?
  • their3loadtheir3load Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    As a tank (GF gs 13.5) , I have noticed there is not enough of us or even clerics to fill those two slots. With everyone paying more attention to GS, the kicking will continue. On several occasions I have voted NO to having a cleric kicked, but the majority rules. And yes I have also been kicked upon entering a dungeon. I laugh, because it only takes me less then a minute to get into another dungeon, while those guys sit and wait. Hopefully soon we will get the rise of tiamat 24 player raid, and with it you do not have to be in a group. So no kicking can happen.

What you have mentioned above about the kicking really is a sad truth.
    Unfortunately this game is still so new to the XB1 most people do not understand the mechanics behind it yet, like the fact that a SW can heal just as good as a DC if not better or the fact that the Cleric T1 High Prophet set is far better than the T2 Miracle healer set even though you will only have a around a 10K gearscore with it. Which is my case and get booted for quite often.

I do look forward to eventually receiving the content that PC has.
  • awrex1977awrex1977 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    issue with making a strict party composition que system (tank, healer, dps, dps, ds) is that you don't need tank/healer/dps x 3 to run the majority of content.

Lots of people seem to think you do, but that is simply not the case.

Most of the dungeon content can be absolutely burned through.

Bigger issue is lack of communication. IE. People not wanting to use mics
  • thezer0fluxthezer0flux Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I think this is a horrible idea. First, it would take a week to get out of the queue since 95% of players are running DPS classes (TR, HR, CW, SW). Second, and as awrex1977 said, you don't need a GF or DC to successfully run dungeons. Yes, one or both can help, but I've run so many dungeons without either (or with just one of the two). Ironically, the class that most needs the DC is the GF, so without a a GF the DC's support role changes quite a bit. Finally, there are other healing options than depending on a DC. For example, it's possible for a SW to be an effective healer/leader (although most don't build them that way). Also, you can, and probably should, stack regen or life steal (or at least be able to switch to that kind of build) so you don't have to rely on someone else healing all the time. And for the love of God, learn how to manage potions so you can heal yourself -- potions + soulforged enchantment + life steal/regen can make all the difference in the world.

As for the GF...

Well, good players can completely change how a dungeon is run, but most people (in my experience) aren't very good GF players. GFs are damage sponges who should be marking and maintaining aggro. Most of the GFs I've played with don't mark or pull aggro, or they don't pull it back if they lose it, and instead try and maximize DPS. Basically, people build GFs for solo adventuring instead of for playing the support role they are in groups. This makes them, for the most part, a wasted group slot because they can't match the actual DPS classes in damage, and the solo build can't effectively fulfill the tank role. I'd rather not even have a GF that isn't built for tanking when there are four other classes that fill DPS roles far better.

In summary, mandatory group requirements is a bad idea.
  • quaffliciousquafflicious Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    There is already a mandatory group build in place. The dungeon finder will always attempt to put a GF and a DC into a group, if it can not then you will get a group of 5 dps or 4 dps and a GF or DC. If there was no such system in place, then queues would be instant as there are plenty of DPS queued up to slap a 5 man group together at pretty much any given moment.

Skirmishes on the other hand have no such system, hence why the queues are pretty fast for them all the time.

And yes, I will have to agree that until people stop kicking based on class and GS, there will always be issues in the dungeons. I've seen DPS that barely make the cut for T1 dungeons hold their own against dps in full T1(not talking about the broken rogues either). And kicking based on class is even more stupid.
  • amgfailamgfail Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I think people are just so used to the "gold standard" or tank, heals, DPS group make-ups. That on top of most people not using mics (or typing in group chat with a simple USB keyboard) are what makes most encounters rough in a random group. I'm assuming a lot of people are just jumping in to the game on XB1 because it's free, and their class builds are all based on personal gain over what works best in a team environment. A GF/DC in a group makes it easier, sure, and if you add in a CW it's even easier, but I think the main issue here is the overall lack of communication within the party. 5 random classes + 5 companions are fine with a bit of strategy.
    Snivy - 60 Spellstorm Renegade Control Wizard
    Abigore - 60 Hellbringer Fury Scourge Warlock
    -XBOX ONE PLAYER ONLY-
  • mouernmouern Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hey guys not trying to toot my own horn here but I started up a thread hoping to get some momentum behind it hitting on this issue and few others than need fixes NOW. Check it out from my page on here or just a few threads below this!!!! (This is one key issue that I hit as well the necessity for a roll-fulfillment is HUGE)
  • pentnoirpentnoir Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yes, as long as It is an option. You don't need the typical setup for everything and a group of dps could do it just fine, but it is nice to have the setup for certain things.
  • idontcombatlootidontcombatloot Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    If you are having trouble with getting kicked from lobbies you should consider joining an active guild. There are plenty of choices out there from casual to more hardcore, but either way you shouldn't have a problem finding a guild that is right for you. That is why guilds exist. Just check the guild list here on the forums.
    Kirov - 19.2k Hellbringer Fury Warlock
    Guild Leader of <Critical Severity>
    We are recruiting 15+GS PVE and PVP players
  • spazmodeusspazmodeus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    the kicking is ridiculous... just plain out of control.
  • spazmodeusspazmodeus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    really, I don't see how joining a guild helps, I've tried several, there is no organization and no cooperation within them, it's just a tag for your character to wear under their name, doesn't change the game at all.
  • fluffy6977fluffy6977 Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    awrex1977 wrote: »
    issue with making a strict party composition que system (tank, healer, dps, dps, ds) is that you don't need tank/healer/dps x 3 to run the majority of content.

Lots of people seem to think you do, but that is simply not the case.

Most of the dungeon content can be absolutely burned through.

Bigger issue is lack of communication. IE. People not wanting to use mics

I would argue the only reason the dungeons are easy for you to burn through is people who are deemed to have "Too low of a gear score" are kicked and remaining parties are overpowered for that dungeon.