test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tired of dying to unexpected burst damage? then start helping!

martianmnhuntermartianmnhunter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 236 Arc User
edited May 2015 in The Nine Hells
There is a bug that only occurs to our class, it happens when you apply alot of dots on the enemy (i think) and at some point there is double and even triple proc of the same damage.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?892951-BUG-Icewind-Date-last-boon-quot-Avalance-quot-multiprocs

please go here and post any info if you can from your PVP matches (take a look at combat log after the fight and find all the "avalanche" procs and their timestamps).

REMEMBER: this bug affects everyone but mostly us SWs because of how many dots we apply per sec.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Bloodtheft

Ferocious Reaction
    I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
    It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
    You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
    My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    denvald wrote: »
    Bloodtheft

Ferocious Reaction
    They fixed those and gave the the broken things like that to all classes that got the needed boons :D

Fireburst sometimes multiprocs on massive dot. Not much damage but it still does
  • martianmnhuntermartianmnhunter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    denvald wrote: »
    Bloodtheft

Ferocious Reaction

Has nothing to do with it.

Here's another one just from today:
    [1:15] [Combat (Self)] Jeggred deals 6757 (15000) Cold Damage to you with Avalanche.
    [1:15] [Combat (Self)] Jeggred deals 6393 (15000) Cold Damage to you with Avalanche.
    [1:15] [Combat (Self)] Jeggred deals 6123 (15000) Cold Damage to you with Avalanche.
    [1:15] [Combat (Self)] Jeggred deals 4503 (15000) Cold Damage to you with Avalanche.
    [1:15] [Combat (Self)] Jeggred deals 2251 (15000) Cold Damage to you with Avalanche.
    [1:15] [Combat (Self)] Jeggred deals 4503 (15000) Cold Damage to you with Avalanche.
    [1:15] [Combat (Self)] Jeggred deals 4502 (15000) Cold Damage to you with Avalanche.
    [1:15] [Combat (Self)] Jeggred deals 4502 (15000) Cold Damage to you with Avalanche.

[1:15] [Combat (Self)] Jeggred deals 3078 (15000) Cold Damage to you with Avalanche.
    [1:15] [Combat (Self)] Jeggred deals 3078 (15000) Cold Damage to you with Avalanche.
    [1:15] [Combat (Self)] Jeggred deals 5786 (15000) Cold Damage to you with Avalanche.
    [1:15] [Combat (Self)] Jeggred deals 5786 (15000) Cold Damage to you with Avalanche.
    [1:16] [Combat (Self)] Jeggred deals 3000 (15000) Cold Damage to you with Avalanche.
    [1:16] [Combat (Self)] Jeggred deals 5971 (15000) Cold Damage to you with Avalanche.
    [1:16] [Combat (Self)] Jeggred deals 5971 (15000) Cold Damage to you with Avalanche.

[1:16] [Combat (Self)] Jeggred deals 5927 (15000) Cold Damage to you with Avalanche.
    [1:16] [Combat (Self)] Jeggred deals 5927 (15000) Cold Damage to you with Avalanche.

Please guys, I can't be the only SW out there with a DOT build right? this is game breaking.

I took 109,322 damage within 1min just by standing near the enemy, not even mention him attacking me.
  • lordsied5lordsied5 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Oh yeah it's real!!!!
  • lordsied5lordsied5 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Stand near enemy and take damage...
  • denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    lordsied5 wrote: »
    Stand near enemy and take damage...
    He meant you DoT him once and stand there dying.

I haven't had this happen to me before though I did not pvp much recently or maybe I was just not paying attention that well
    I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
    It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
    You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
    My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Has nothing to do with it.

Here's another one just from today:

Please guys, I can't be the only SW out there with a DOT build right? this is game breaking.

I took 109,322 damage within 1min just by standing near the enemy, not even mention him attacking me.

Welcome to PvP Chris, PvP locks have been yelling about this for a while.
  • martianmnhuntermartianmnhunter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Here's a chart of DAMAGE TAKEN during one domination game, just to describe how strong this boon is, and it needs to have internal cooldown:

iOTaArd.png

As you can see from all the damage taken, at highest 19% avalanche did most damage to me, I find it funny that the highest damage source comes from INDIRECT damage.
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Here's a chart of DAMAGE TAKEN during one domination game, just to describe how strong this boon is, and it needs to have internal cooldown:

iOTaArd.png

As you can see from all the damage taken, at highest 19% avalanche did most damage to me, I find it funny that the highest damage source comes from INDIRECT damage.
    Along with abyss, elol set and storm spell, which are all also indirect damage :p That means that 41% of the damage in that match occured indirectly :p