test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PSA - Bags of Holding to become bound!

bubbleleaderbubbleleader Member Posts: 24 Arc User
edited April 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
The Preview notes state:

Bags of Holding: These items are now all Bind on Equip. Any current bags slotted will become bound.

Obviously there's a chance this change won't make it to Live, but I'd make sure my bags were were I want them before the patch hits. Maybe in the mail, so that I can decide later.
Post edited by bubbleleader on

Comments

• rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The one from the cash shop?

Edit: what sense does that make other than. "We want more money money money....".....

You guys (cryptic/pwe) are making it really unfriendly to legitimate players, who play more than 1 char.

nvm I think CS bags are "greater" bag of holding.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • jiinksjiinks Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The exact same wording is used in the notes for the patch hitting Live tomorrow.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?904091-Patch-Notes-NW-45-20150416c-4&p=10683891&viewfull=1#post10683891
  • elzig4elzig4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Anybody know if this means they'll be bound to character, or bound to account?

If they're going to be bound to character, I'm gonna have a serious issue with this. I've bought 4 of the things, and it's general practice that when I start a new character, I move them to that character so that inventory management is a minimal issue while levelling. This is the main reason I was willing to pay such a steep price for them.

If I'll no longer be able to do this, then these bags, which I bought with cash/scratch/money/dough, have suddenly lost a crapton of value.
    edited April 2015
    Are they bound to character or account? Anybody know?
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,348 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Pretty sure they were always BoE. If they aren't...hmm, brb. I gotta go raid my alts and do some switch-a-rooing.

No, they were not.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,348 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    elzig4 wrote: »
    Are they bound to character or account? Anybody know?

Bound to character.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • praxismirrorspraxismirrors Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    They are bound on character. I really wish that they would have made them bound on account, it would have made me more likely to buy more bags, but now I think I'll just stick with what I've got.
    edited April 2015
    Consider yourself lucky, then. I bought 40 bucks worth of the things over the years, based solely on the idea that I could switch them out between characters.

If these are gonna be BtC, then it's the straw that broke the camel's back. I'm done with this game, and possibly this company. This is the deliberate devaluation of something people already bought. Whatever problem they're expecting this to fix, this is the absolute worst way to go about it.

It's like buying a car and 3 years later the dealership coming out and pulling all the seats out of it.
    edited April 2015
    Thanks for the heads up, Jimmy.

Yeah, I may be a bit naive to the F2P system, but I think this is the first time I've seen something that's bought from a store be gimped like this. It's one thing to offer something for sale, then have it be devalued by a level cap increase or similar(like store ships in Star Trek Online), but it's another thing to take something you've been selling for years and make it "less powerful".

What's next? They gonna start pulling a crew station or 2 out of their $30 store ships in STO?
    edited April 2015
    plasticbat wrote: »
    Bound to character.

thanks for the info!

And so the tone deaf management of this game continues...
  • vindicatrusvindicatrus Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Anyone notice the binding of formerly unbound bags just happens :rolleyes: to coincide with the release of a new bag; the Runic Bag of Holding and oh yeah, its not bound to character...

Coincidence?

I think not ~

How dumb do they think we are?
  • gogu79gogu79 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    AH will be dead soon almost everything is bound now
    in 2 or 3 months health potion will became bound too and will be in zen market not in merchants shop or monsters drop
    :)
    Dragons? On MY Way !!