test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How you play with low fps (mod 6)

kide2insanekide2insane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
edited April 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
After mod 6 update i have 10-20 fps in PE and in new zones it's even worse :( i try to fix low fps by changing gpu drivers, operating system(w7 now using w10), in game settings.
My pc spec:
cpu:AMD FX 8300 oc 4.2ghz (turbo off)
gpu:AMD 280x
ram:8gb
using hdd i dont have ssd
I have 40/4 mbs cable internet conection but my pc is conected by wireless.
I dont have any problems in other games, online or singleplayer.
Please if you have some advice help me :)
Post edited by kide2insane on

Comments

• Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It's not just you, it's everyone. Sometimes I get motion sickness from the low FPS. Imagine trying to dodge all of the knockdowns in eLOL with it -- it's impossible. Ever since the shader change a week ago, FPS plummeted.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    mifiisumifiisu Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Semi-automated movements by now - I can't see the dodging or casting animations in real time half the time, but I've gotten used to certain mob mechanics so I play blind to get RP drops and chaches from easier HE's in the new zones
  • Options
    str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    My client and frame rate seems to be relatively stable unless I turn shadows on medium or higher, they changed something with the way the game engine renders shadows which is causing most new machines to crash and/or lag terribly. Repetitive lighting and GFX effects during battle are still a problem as they can stack to client-crashing heights in some circumstances and party compositions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Can we please get some info from mods/devs that they are aware of this problem and working on solution, many people cant play game now, for me its imposible to play game with 15 fps i get headache rly fast :(
  • Options
    lordkrvoloklordkrvolok Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I suggest you not to play if you have a ****ty cooler since on my FX 6300 aftermarket cooler temp skyrockets over 70C in PE which is silly since before mod6 I had steady 60 frames in PE, also high cpu usage is noted everywhere.
  • Options
    kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i suspect it have to do with memory dump
  • Options
    kirkcaldykirkcaldy Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Played the game enjoyably for 2 years, up until mod 6.
    Now I can barely move at times, never mind attack or anything.
    Tried zeroing or minimising everything I could in options,
    but its still a nightmare.
    This is all areas of the game for me, not just the new zones.
    PE is a nightmare, even invoking is a hassle. :confused:

So through no fault of my own, I am going to be forced to stop playing the game.
    I have been checking other games out, but haven't decided what to do yet.
    Shame but this thread will probably just disappear.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I have Cooler Master 212+ and 5x12 fans in case, my maximum temp in games is 58c on benchmarks is 61
    I suggest you not to play if you have a ****ty cooler since on my FX 6300 aftermarket cooler temp skyrockets over 70C in PE which is silly since before mod6 I had steady 60 frames in PE, also high cpu usage is noted everywhere.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I have Cooler Master 212+ and 5x12 fans in case, my maximum temp in games is 58c on benchmarks is 61

Same here I have evo too, still something is weird with neverwinter since I have around 46 to 55 temperature in planetside 2 which is very cpu intensive in battles 100vs100vs100 no big deal, neverwinter before update was sitting at 30c in PE easy, now its 60 to 68 I haven't changed anything so its not on my part it's theirs, also FPS drop is insane in PE but I haven't seen any changes concerning texture improvement or any kind of improvement in graphical fidelity except that stupid blueish tree in center of PE.
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    try setting lighting and shadow quality to low and set "Max lights per object" to 2
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    burkaanc wrote: »
    try setting lighting and shadow quality to low and set "Max lights per object" to 2

thanks for feedback mate, I did some tweaking today and I noticed that i get same fps 25 in blackdagger ruins on everything to low and same fps on high. I can't get any performance increase even if i lower everything. :/
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    try changing direct3d settings, but there is some bs, back when showfps worked i did a test in ten towns in IWD, difference between min and max settings was like 3~5 fps. 18~23 fps on a computer that, although dated, can run something like skyrim with some mods @ ultra settings, game still runs like <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> there 2 mods later :D

new maps run much better than 10towns and some parts of sharandar, but worse than the old maps
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    linoge63linoge63 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    kirkcaldy wrote: »
    Played the game enjoyably for 2 years, up until mod 6.
    Now I can barely move at times, never mind attack or anything.
    Tried zeroing or minimising everything I could in options,
    but its still a nightmare.
    This is all areas of the game for me, not just the new zones.
    PE is a nightmare, even invoking is a hassle. :confused:

So through no fault of my own, I am going to be forced to stop playing the game.
    I have been checking other games out, but haven't decided what to do yet.
    Shame but this thread will probably just disappear.

Well, me too..but for just over a year...this game has enough potential that even though im no longer currently playing it (from many hrs per day to...zero) with forced grouping and level 60 changes etc...I will wait to see if positive changes and adjustments are made in mod 7 ...or 8..or..
  • Options
    tvcitytvcity Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i too have the problem with cpu and gpu temps running very high and extremely low fps. my cpu temp reaches 90 degree celsius and the computer switches off automatically.....i'm now using a custom cooler to cool my cpu, but the game is still very laggy.