test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tiamat, HE's Dragons- Can't be beat if no one is running them

smbvmssmbvms Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
edited April 2015 in PvE Discussion
I understand the need to make the content more challenging but these have been bumped way to far up. What was the logic behind making the mobs several levels above the player cap? Was the goal to make the content so difficult that the majority of the player base would quit, because that seems to be exactly what's happpening. Honestly go to Wells during dragons, its as ghost town especially around the dragons and HEs. Tiamat, best I have seen in four tries was the summoners were beaten, lots of fire campers and quitters, if they weren't dc'ed. My toon was on top of the damage board in each match. The dungeons are tough but atleast they can be beaten with a good party, but honestly it all needs to be dialed back down to an achievable level if you don't want to lose the already disgruntaled player base who are now re-grinding all their gear. No players = no money.
Post edited by smbvms on

Comments

• Options
    soltaswordsoltasword Member Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Well you would have thought with as many of the players base ( 85 % from the poll ) that they would have done something about this with the patch on the 23rd. That should have been the main focus of the patch instead of what they focused on. Not that those things didn't need to be addressed but getting all your players back into the game should have been priority. Hopefully that will be addressed in the next patch but now they have to fix what they broke in the last patch. Surely the 85 % of the people that don't care for the game as it is and have stated that will be listened to instead of just listening to the 10 to 15 % that like the game as is.
  • Options
    yawulfyawulf Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    85% out of how many votes? Stop making it sound like there were 20000 votes. FYI majority of the players are also happy with the difficulty, for once I can go to sharandar and and c cws and trs botting AR.I remember the same player base fuming where 5 or 8 ppl cod kill most of the herald dragons ppl calling devs all sort of names for disgracing this majestic creature like that now they r worthy and u want them to be weak again so u can satisfy ur ego and come back some months later a complain these dragons r dam easy ? If u can give ma a definite number of the supposed ppl who have left of the difficult than we can take u serious until then stop sayingajority of the player base had quit
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    im not doing tiamat because it i hate that stupid slideshow not because its hard, though at some point ill be forced to do it to get favors :(
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I am looking for a balance, because right now there are not even 8 people out fighting dragons. I don't need to or even want to one man the HE or anything stupid like that. I think they over tweaked the game in response to the it's too easy complaints and they need to pull it back in a notch or two. I kone there are those looking for the ego rush of "I can one man....", we don't need it dumbed down that far, but if it says 5+ then 5 solid players should be able to take it and the same for 10+...25, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I would say I was just unlucky and got an all **** party but even when I am with the diehards for years and the betas it's not happening.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    U r the one making the claim, u r suppose to provide that data and its a f2p game ppl come in and leave all the time notin holds u down, until u provide some hard data to back ur claim of the 85% have left the game I can't take u serious.
  • Options
    kahfakahfa Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    yawulf wrote: »
    U r the one making the claim, u r suppose to provide that data and its a f2p game ppl come in and leave all the time notin holds u down, until u provide some hard data to back ur claim of the 85% have left the game I can't take u serious.

i think someone made a post weeks ago claiming that 80% of the playerbase was unhappy (i'm not sure if he had any evidence too though) and it caught on. Now everyone unhappy with the new content claim that ~80% or more of the playerbase is unhappy.

Edit: i found the poll
    <http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?881441-what-do-you-think-of-mod-6-(player-feedback)&gt;
    there are 501 voters but i really don't believe they stand for the entire playerbase since i know a lot of players who don't ever go to the forums, whether they like or dislike mod 6.
    Haven't voted in it either since i was prolly levelling my toons when it was made
    Misfits
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    What we need is private queues.
  • Options
    gruliagrulia Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    diogene0 wrote: »
    What we need is private queues.

i have to point out first, i think that -and judging from some other posts from other forums members i am not alone with this- you are working really hard on the rightfully deserved forum-troll-of-the-month title.

but on a more serious note... i for oni am with you on this idea. partly, at least. because in mod5 i'd said: great idea, do it. but in mod 6. nah, not so much. in the guild (quite active, pvp & pve, mix ouf casual and hardcore players) i am in... in mod 5 i can't remember a time i logged in and there where less than 10 player online. that'll be great for tiamat queues. but the most players online i've seen in the last 7 days at one single time were three (and that includes me). so please... who the f-word should i private queue with for what exactly?

@yawulf
    only cryptic knows for sure and they won't tell. but what i know is a) according to a random poll >80% of the players participated hate mod 6 b) the number of people online in my guild droped by my more than 75% at any given time c) i myself only devote a minmum of my playtime to nwo, while i am checking out other mmorpg at the same time. granted this may be subjective. but really one perpon saying "the majority of players like it" and then go on with "I... I... I...". well, let's just say imo you can also only give your subjective opinion. which not fits with a lot of other players complains.
  • Options
    daggon87daggon87 Member Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    smbvms wrote: »
    I am looking for a balance, because right now there are not even 8 people out fighting dragons. ...
    Are you sure you're really playing this game ?
    There are multiple dragon runs in WoD each hour. Killing all 5 dragons is common already. The only real problem concerning this aspect is the necessity to lower the graphic settings to avoid too much lag ...
    Dragons in the lower zones are killed often too.

Most complains like your are over exaggerated, how do you expect to be taken seriously ?
    Olaf, freelance guardian fighter.
    Enorla, Oh so devoted cleric.
  • Options
    alisi1alisi1 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    daggon87 wrote: »
    There are multiple dragon runs in WoD each hour. Killing all 5 dragons is common already. The only real problem concerning this aspect is the necessity to lower the graphic settings to avoid too much lag ...

Most complains like your are over exaggerated, how do you expect to be taken seriously ?
    Do you honestly expect anyone to take you seriously when you are clearly talking out your ***? This mod is a disaster. No one is killing the dragons in wod either. Not because it can't be done, but because the effort is not worth the reward. People have left this game in droves. If you like and want to play it, that's great. Just don't talk to us like we don't see what's going on. The fact that we are still here even commenting just shows how much we really want this game to pull through, but it's becoming harder and harder to not see them as just trying to milk as much money as they can from those who remain before shutting it down.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    alisi1 wrote: »
    So you definitively did not connect in game for a while and are commenting about what you think should be happening ... Sad.
  • Options
    jharlisjharlis Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2015
    Do you honestly expect anyone to take you seriously when you are clearly talking out your ***? This mod is a disaster. No one is killing the dragons in wod either. Not because it can't be done, but because the effort is not worth the reward. People have left this game in droves. If you like and want to play it, that's great. Just don't talk to us like we don't see what's going on. The fact that we are still here even commenting just shows how much we really want this game to pull through, but it's becoming harder and harder to not see them as just trying to milk as much money as they can from those who remain before shutting it down.

It's probably time to pull your head out of your ***. Or leave that cavern you've been living in.
    You can totally do the 5 dragons in Wod, even more if you get a good rushing party.
    The problem is. THE FREAKIN LAG.
    Im really curious about what causes it.
    People are blaming DCs astral seal/shield.
    People are also blaming Paladins auras (lulz) / prism ( ok this one seems legit)
    Fix your stuff Cryptic.

Ps; also, doing the heralds in Wod is a fantastic way to make money.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    grulia wrote: »
    i have to point out first, i think that -and judging from some other posts from other forums members i am not alone with this- you are working really hard on the rightfully deserved forum-troll-of-the-month title.

but on a more serious note... i for oni am with you on this idea. partly, at least. because in mod5 i'd said: great idea, do it. but in mod 6. nah, not so much. in the guild (quite active, pvp & pve, mix ouf casual and hardcore players) i am in... in mod 5 i can't remember a time i logged in and there where less than 10 player online. that'll be great for tiamat queues. but the most players online i've seen in the last 7 days at one single time were three (and that includes me). so please... who the f-word should i private queue with for what exactly?

@yawulf
    only cryptic knows for sure and they won't tell. but what i know is a) according to a random poll >80% of the players participated hate mod 6 b) the number of people online in my guild droped by my more than 75% at any given time c) i myself only devote a minmum of my playtime to nwo, while i am checking out other mmorpg at the same time. granted this may be subjective. but really one perpon saying "the majority of players like it" and then go on with "I... I... I...". well, let's just say imo you can also only give your subjective opinion. which not fits with a lot of other players complains.

80% out of how's many votes? The guild I find ma self in
    ( Thieves World ) depending on the time of the day since mod 4 is aba 3 or 4 pages of ppl playing.its only natural u look for alternatives even the most successful mmo WOW had a drop in subs from 12mill to 8 mil early last year. Still waiting for the number of ppl who took part in that suppose poll u guys keep referring to else I can't take u serious
  • Options
    raydrootraydroot Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have ran 3 5/5 dragon runs in the well in the past 2 day with at least 4 other runs 3/5. All full instances. Things are improving with that. Tiamat is another story 5 raids all fails not even close to bringing down 1 head.
  • Options
    loexwellloexwell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited April 2015

What you say is simply not true.
    I do the dragontrain myself almost every hour and mostly we have 3-4 instances FULL of players.
    That is 3 or 4 x 40 players in WoD on the dragons.
    The greater artifact belt drop from them among other stuff.
    So beside the fun it is rewarding.
  • Options
    sirpickleturdsirpickleturd Member Posts: 35
    edited April 2015
    yawulf wrote: »

...and we can't take you serious because you type like a mentally challenged 4 year old.

This game is dead.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    U resort to below the belt arguments because u can't make any counter arguments, now that is a sad thing to behold
  • Options
    alisi1alisi1 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm happy that people are starting to do the dragon train. Haven't seen it, but that doesn't mean it isn't true. I don't live in a cave. The game is clearly on its way out. That's why everything being done is based around making income for the company quickly instead of player enjoyment and long term constant flow of money through that enjoyment.

Ps I clearly said that dragon can be done, but the effort vs reward wasn't worth it. That's more a design (non) flaw by Cryptic to keep you spending money quickly.

pps Now that I'm thinking about it, that's WAI. Fits right in with Tia being impossible currently and not being able to earn more favors. I can't fathom why anyone who came in on this mod would stay unless they had more money than brains.
  • Options
    alexabadanovalexabadanov Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    No one wants the game to be too easy, but it is a game. Success being totally inaccessible is an issue.
    I am playing anywhere from two to twelve hours a day and equally cannot find an instance or time when players are actually running the dragons in Wells. If you know of a time when this is happening please enlighten us all.
    I was in a full instance last night with three players (four if you count me) evaluating even trying to fight the dragons. Everyone else was just hanging about the fire. I have done tiamat daily for nearly a week without success. The closest any group has come is one head down to about 40%.
    So in my opinion this is not an "over exaggeration" and perhaps it is you who should reevaluate your position. Just because you are having success does not mean that everyone else is. A lot of people who play this game daily are experiencing difficulty with the new Mod 6 content, so the question is really "are you sure your actually playing this game" because if you were, you would not be making snide comments and instead be helping find solutions so that other players can continue to enjoy the game as well.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    daggon87 wrote: »

I am online activly playing four to twelve hours a day depending on life activities. Tell me what time of day (inc time zone) you are out killing the dragons in wells and I will be there. I have been looking, standing by the dragon and watched other players avoid the area entirely. So I really want to know when this is supposedly happening so I can join the fun.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    smbvms wrote: »
    I am online activly playing four to twelve hours a day depending on life activities. Tell me what time of day (inc time zone) you are out killing the dragons in wells and I will be there. I have been looking, standing by the dragon and watched other players avoid the area entirely. So I really want to know when this is supposedly happening so I can join the fun.
    10 minutes before the Heralds time (around 35), read the zone channel. Go or be invited to an instance doing the dragon run. Go to green (or white sometimes) and enjoy.
  • Options
    alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    There have been plenty of dragon runs going on. Just watch zone chat (I know people tend to avoid that channel but if you want to do dragons, turn it on). They have been starting at green for map efficiency. The problems right now are lag inducing skills, such as multiple OP prisms bringing the server to a crawl.. but most of the time you can at least get 4/5 dragons done, if not more. I've been in runs where we do 5/5 and move on to another map.

Tiamat.. not so much.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    No one wants the game to be too easy, but it is a game. Success being totally inaccessible is an issue.
    I am playing anywhere from two to twelve hours a day and equally cannot find an instance or time when players are actually running the dragons in Wells. If you know of a time when this is happening please enlighten us all.
    I was in a full instance last night with three players (four if you count me) evaluating even trying to fight the dragons. Everyone else was just hanging about the fire. I have done tiamat daily for nearly a week without success. The closest any group has come is one head down to about 40%.
    So in my opinion this is not an "over exaggeration" and perhaps it is you who should reevaluate your position. Just because you are having success does not mean that everyone else is. A lot of people who play this game daily are experiencing difficulty with the new Mod 6 content, so the question is really "are you sure your actually playing this game" because if you were, you would not be making snide comments and instead be helping find solutions so that other players can continue to enjoy the game as well.

Read zone chat, ask for invites in advertised instances and enjoy your 40 man dragon fight. Sometimes it may be lag city depending on the spells people use, like two paladins spamming prism or not.

It's often a bad idea to turn zone chat off in a MMO anyway because it's a premium source of information about what's happening right now on that map. Even in PE you can learn more about events, in levelling zones, you can find team for heroics, pvp in icewind dale, and so on.