test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Icespire Peak: No Quests for Me There!

kurtb88kurtb88 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 597 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Bug Reports (PC)
Anyone know how to fix?

Leveling my Paladin through all zones. Knox said go to Icespire Peak. I go there and dwarf has a quest for to get some item. I get the quest drop bring to dwarf, he celebrates and thanks me, but has no more quests for me.

I checked all NPC's in the area and there are no quests at all.

Now I am stuck and cannot continue in this zone. I went to a new higher level zone for the meantime and it's working fine there, but I want to do Icespire Peak as well, don't want to miss anything.

If anyone knows that answer, thanks.
Post edited by kurtb88 on

Comments

• Options
    pastsfrozenpastsfrozen Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You might need to level up a level or two to get the next quest in the area. That's what I had to do before, although that might not be the solution here.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I am already 10 levels higher because of the double EXP event. I don't think my level is the cause.
  • Options
    spellbounddevilspellbounddevil Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    If you're ten levels above the quest, the guest-givers won't have a marker above their heads, you have to talk to them to see the quest. If you have been talking to them, then I have no idea whats wrong
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    If you're ten levels above the quest, the guest-givers won't have a marker above their heads, you have to talk to them to see the quest. If you have been talking to them, then I have no idea whats wrong

The dwarf had one over his head. But had no follow up quests. I talked to All NPC's in the region and none have quests for me. I am ten levels above the next zone i went to (which Knox sent me to as well), and they all have the quests above their heads.

It's some kind of bug.
  • Options
    magnusolammagnusolam Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 82
    edited April 2015
    There's another dwarf at an anvil with quests for you. She won't be obvious because your level is too high.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    magnusolam wrote: »
    There's another dwarf at an anvil with quests for you. She won't be obvious because your level is too high.

Thank you! It's all better now :)
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    kurtb88 wrote: »
    Thank you! It's all better now :)

I take that back. After she gave me two quests the same thing happened. No more quests, no way to find quest givers, because they have no icon over head. It's impossible now.

Pls fix this Cryptic
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I feel VINDICATED.

You have officially completely out-leveled the entire zone. You might be able to do the Ice Hound at the top of the mountain, but maybe not. There should be at least one or two or three quests you can still of, but the full story-based zones is done.

Why do I feel "vindicated"? Because time and again people lie through their teeth saying "I reached level 60 and still was able to go back to all the old zones to complete quests I forgot - no indicator, just ask the NPCs" - to which I said BOLSHEVIK.

PRO-TIP Folks: You really can completely outlived entire zones with no way to do those quests. Same thing happened to me as what happened to the OP during the very first double XP weekend when I have "pre-created" new characters who were invokers until I was ready to play them. They were le veiling up at the campfire, when I finally went to play them they were force-skipping entire zones including Neverdeath Ebon Downs, Icespire peak and so on.

I learned back then: don't keep invoking campers unless they are really going to be just invoking campers or already level-maxed.

#OP: Sorry to hear it, but there's nothing you can do. Some zones (not all) can be completely out leveled: I know Neverdeath and Icespire are two of them and I think there's a third and fourth one also (maybe Ebon Downs and Velosk, but I don;t fully remember at this point.)
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I feel VINDICATED.

#OP: Sorry to hear it, but there's nothing you can do. Some zones (not all) can be completely out leveled: I know Neverdeath and Icespire are two of them and I think there's a third and fourth one also (maybe Ebon Downs and Velosk, but I don;t fully remember at this point.)

Yes, it's upsetting because I like to complete everything, all zones, for the lore, and in case I miss any stuff that a character might need; such as earning a new inventory bag. I am a completionist so it will constantly bother me now.
This discussion has been closed.