test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

abusive players

hrothdainhrothdain Member Posts: 31
Why is there no way to report players in-game? I'm playing on the xbox one and was using the trade chat to try and sell an item, when two people spammed my feed with the tell function. Apparently there is no limit on how much you can tell someone something so my feed was filled with useless abuse from two people set on being trolls. Why can't I report them? This is a major problem to me as I don't fancy some man child hurling abuse my way ever 3 seconds. This needs to be addressed.
Bring me skulls....

For I wish to build a throne.
Post edited by hrothdain on

Comments

• Options
    karlspaklerkarlspakler Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    My kingdom for an in-game chat mute function!
  • Options
    amgfailamgfail Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Not having the ability to report abusive players, turn off zone/trade/LFG chat, or block players in-game basically makes the Xbox version a haven for trolls. Chats are constantly full of trolls, especially the earlier zones, and I'm noticing a trend of people spam inviting my friends and I to group no matter how many times we hit "decline". It's really frustrating.
    Snivy - 60 Spellstorm Renegade Control Wizard
    Abigore - 60 Hellbringer Fury Scourge Warlock
    -XBOX ONE PLAYER ONLY-
  • Options
    massivedwarfmassivedwarf Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    completely agree. definitely need a report button. the group invites are getting way out of hand
  • Options
    alisi1alisi1 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You can just ignore them. Bonus. If you ignore them they will still get your tells and can't respond back. Don't abuse it ;)
  • Options
    luffy245luffy245 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The only solution is to pull up their xbox profile and "Mute in Chat"
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    alisi1 wrote: »
    You can just ignore them. Bonus. If you ignore them they will still get your tells and can't respond back. Don't abuse it ;)

There Is no ignore function on the xbox version if I am correct or its not easy to access if it does exist because I'm not aware of it. This is an issue, did the developers not even consider harassment or bullying? With a game like this its bound to happen. Or do they just don't care?
    Bring me skulls....

• Options
    wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    hrothdain wrote: »
    Why is there no way to report players in-game? I'm playing on the xbox one and was using the trade chat to try and sell an item, when two people spammed my feed with the tell function. Apparently there is no limit on how much you can tell someone something so my feed was filled with useless abuse from two people set on being trolls. Why can't I report them? This is a major problem to me as I don't fancy some man child hurling abuse my way ever 3 seconds. This needs to be addressed.

I agree, I posted a thread in the Xbox feedback forum about this type of thing. I have reported a few players to xbox for abusive messages to people etc. There seems to be a lot of hate against women I have seen and a lot of people being abusive about dead people and children etc.

This game needs a way to block out general chat etc as some of it is disgusting.
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    amgfailamgfail Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    As of now the only thing you can do is to search for the person on XBL and manually block them through the Xbox One's own UI. There should definitely be a way to block and report abusive players in-game.
    Snivy - 60 Spellstorm Renegade Control Wizard
    Abigore - 60 Hellbringer Fury Scourge Warlock
    -XBOX ONE PLAYER ONLY-
  • Options
    werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yes I agree I can't believe the oversight of the devs on this and it's been posted about so many times with no sort of response from any dev.
    21.jpg
  • Options
    twinstripeuktwinstripeuk Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    hrothdain wrote: »
    There Is no ignore function on the xbox version if I am correct or its not easy to access if it does exist because I'm not aware of it. This is an issue, did the developers not even consider harassment or bullying? With a game like this its bound to happen. Or do they just don't care?

Pretty sure there is (although never had to use it on Xbox) - just type /ignore followed by their character name

I'll test this when I get home tonight
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Really!? I have to try this too. Thanks for the tip.
    Bring me skulls....