test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cleric PvP questions/advice

gatorfanaticgatorfanatic Member Posts: 21 Arc User
edited April 2015 in The Temple
I am seeing a lot of Pve threads but no love for PvP. If you need any advice or have ny questions regarding g PvP for a cleric post them in here. Good luck and happy healing.
Post edited by gatorfanatic on

Comments

• Options
    majordogmeatmajordogmeat Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I am seeing a lot of Pve threads but no love for PvP. If you need any advice or have ny questions regarding g PvP for a cleric post them in here. Good luck and happy healing.

DoTs are your friend, it keeps rogues from going invisible. Sunburst is a life saver in PvP. It heals, dots and knock backs (get people off defense points for a second or two.)
  • Options
    gatorfanaticgatorfanatic Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I was watching a video and there was a cleric using exaltation, hw, and AS For encounters. Bob and AS for at wills. Healers lore and AA for class features and HG and DA. I was thinking about using that but I do love SB. On a side note I don't see why everyone loves SF
  • Options
    rapier89rapier89 Member Posts: 42
    edited April 2015
    DoTs are your friend, it keeps rogues from going invisible. Sunburst is a life saver in PvP. It heals, dots and knock backs (get people off defense points for a second or two.)

Dots are extremely useful and helps to kill those pesky runners. to the op the single best defense ability you can have atm in my opinion is prophetic action and sunburst.once fully upgraded prophetic action will proc every 40 sec and will completely negate all damage for 1 hit. Do to the amount of scrub rouges that are so use to the 1 shot that when it misses they dont know how to react and will usually run,this allows for an easy kill against them if you have passive dots from critical hits because they are most certainly going to run and try to restealth to go for another one shot.If you have a full divinity meter its usually enough to get a crit and most rouges will die in stealth taking 400% weapon damage. That being said i wouldn't use it for anything but pvp as thats about the only time i've found it to be useful so far and if the rouges ever get nerfed ore the useless broken que system is fixed then you probably wont even need it then.Tenacity gear also helps alot and if you pvp much should be gotten as quick as you can if your in it for the long haul.
  • Options
    uloi1234uloi1234 Member Posts: 44
    edited April 2015
    How accurate does this seem related to the the Xbox version of the game?

http://mmominds.com/2014/01/21/duriks-pvp-journey-dc-basic-pvp-guide/
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    You guys are referring to DoTs for clerics in PvP. I'm trying to figure out what abilities or ability you are talking about? I see plenty of HoTs :)
  • Options
    rapier89rapier89 Member Posts: 42
    edited April 2015
    Break the spirit is one but there is a few others in the powers list,think i got a few others from the feat tree. Being able to crit helps alot.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Looks like Brand of the Sun is one.
  • Options
    majordogmeatmajordogmeat Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    uloi1234 wrote: »
    You guys are referring to DoTs for clerics in PvP. I'm trying to figure out what abilities or ability you are talking about? I see plenty of HoTs :)

Break the Spirit (Normal) Divine is a Stun, which is just as good.
    Sunburst (Divine)
    Brand of the Sun (Normal) I haven't tried Divine, I assume its like all other Damage Triggers on Divine.

Also, Flaming & Poison Enchantments can add DoTs to your casts.