test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why is The Game Now So Laggy During WoD Draon Heralds?

kurtb88kurtb88 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 597 Arc User
edited April 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
I could barely tell when my skills were firing, and by the time i realized the dragon targeted me I was already dead. Please don't say it's my computer, i have the same computer as pre-Mod6 and experience ZERO lag issues during those runs for the entire 6 months of WoD...

It's like Mod6 ruined the game. It's not even enjoyable for me. Also, we had a full group of 40 level 70 players and we could only kill three dragons? I assume much of that is because most players are struggling like I am with the intense lag. I know it's true because there are constantly tons of us dying.

Is Cryptic going to do anything about this horrendous lag? Or should I just find another game to play?
Post edited by kurtb88 on

Comments

• necroblasternecroblaster Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    its not only on WOD, I guess there are many more instances like this.
    Ther problem is that if the realm is overpopulated, server goes crazy and it begins to lag. I detected that on second day of my 6mod experience. Less people - less lag - longer kill. So the result will still remain the same.
  • kurtb88kurtb88 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    its not only on WOD, I guess there are many more instances like this.
    Ther problem is that if the realm is overpopulated, server goes crazy and it begins to lag. I detected that on second day of my 6mod experience. Less people - less lag - longer kill. So the result will still remain the same.

I find it hard to accept that its the number of players causing the lag. I ran months of WoD heralds with maxed out instance all 30+ players fighting heralds with zero lag. Now the instance cap is raised to 40. Ten more players cannot be causing this. it's the system. the code. the cryptic side stuff, not us and our machines.
  • suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    There are some looping damage bugs that are possibly causing this (even after the 23rd patch) and while parsing one dragon the other day I noticed one character had over 80000 hits from feytouched. I am not saying that this is the main or only cause but surely such things like this contribute heavily to the lag.
  • dagonbach1dagonbach1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yeah, same question. Heralds were a great bit of fun last mod for me at least. Now it's impossible to derive any pleasure out of this enormous lag fest. None. Zero. Is this the best devs can do? Seriously, just sitting there last night was painful lol. And they released larger bags, double xp week, coupons for refinement... and it's just like a talking to a bad salesman... Your product is garbage. Your coupons for said garbage are not enticing. Maybe I should move on and.... they lost a sale.
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It's not the server, it's you, and that's why there are stickies to help you troubleshoot the issue (granted, I've yet to find the stickies).

At least that's what I've been told.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • necroblasternecroblaster Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    kurtb88 wrote: »
    I find it hard to accept that its the number of players causing the lag. I ran months of WoD heralds with maxed out instance all 30+ players fighting heralds with zero lag. Now the instance cap is raised to 40. Ten more players cannot be causing this. it's the system. the code. the cryptic side stuff, not us and our machines.

Don't compare what have been b4 mod6 and after, since there were been changes made on this side. 2 months ago there weren't any problem with connection with servers, because everything was set up as it should be, working smooth.
    Add-up they also launched XBOX NW, plus the modifications to the content(which may use more resources to work as it should be), and low priority of actions from game staff.

... in two words... AM DISAPPOINTED.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Don't compare what have been b4 mod6 and after, since there were been changes made on this side. 2 months ago there weren't any problem with connection with servers, because everything was set up as it should be, working smooth.
    Add-up they also launched XBOX NW, plus the modifications to the content(which may use more resources to work as it should be), and low priority of actions from game staff.

... in two words... AM DISAPPOINTED.

ask gfs to not use knight valor and dcs to not use astral seal, you will see the difference
    i dont think they ever fixed that
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    When Paladins use prism, the whole area becomes laggy. Astral seal merely cause FPS drops for people having old computers.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    greyloche wrote: »
    this made me laugh.

lets ask every type of toon to give up one or more powers...... thats how we fix a symptom, not a problem. and don't forget to tell HRs what to give up, and Paladins with prism, and, and, and. before you know it we will all be throwing rocks and water balloons.

you can laugh as you want, this does not make it less true
  • ataturkeyataturkey Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    rayrdan wrote: »
    you can laugh as you want, this does not make it less true

nor does it make it any less sad
  • fenchimpfenchimp Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    greyloche wrote: »
    this made me laugh.

lets ask every type of toon to give up one or more powers...... thats how we fix a symptom, not a problem. and don't forget to tell HRs what to give up, and Paladins with prism, and, and, and. before you know it we will all be throwing rocks and water balloons.

Agreed. With how many moves they have, there is no reason that any class should be incited not to use a move. NW is apparently all about character customization; if it's not because of unsolvable bugs like this, why not make trees narrower, more linear so people fit right into their niche?

Also, water balloons= particles= fps drops. Let's just keep to beating them with sticks.
  • davecheesedavecheese Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I've just been trying to play a skirmish (Shores) and the lag in that towards the end was horrendous. Two second delay in moving/chatting/power activation.

Since skirmishes only have 5 players, I don't think it's the player count per instance that is effecting things.
  • kurtb88kurtb88 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    davecheese wrote: »
    i've just been trying to play a skirmish (shores) and the lag in that towards the end was horrendous. Two second delay in moving/chatting/power activation.

Since skirmishes only have 5 players, i don't think it's the player count per instance that is effecting things.

!!!indeed!!
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Devs, are you listen to this? lag is terrible.

my suggession, taking out the "summoning" bodyguards/legions, because it is too much data going explode in seconds, due to 40 players using attack commands, and with those dragon bodyguards summoned and added with more attacks and debuffings, one-shot kills, and some may have pulling few local mobs into the fray due to knockbacks, made it into extreme lag factor.
    time to trim local mob camps when heralds get spawned.
    reduce or adjust herald's health to be lower a little because we only got 10 minutes to get all 5 dragons, i think why reason it was recent "ninja patched" with more health becuase of last week from "successful runs" and jump to other zones for 6th/7th kills before timer expired.
    my opinion, make it flagged no zoning after 5th kills until timers in other zone are expired.
    we dont know and not making "blame-game" if someone using "Astral" attacks to make massive lags, or to grief out many players by getting lesser rewards if many not able to hit for scorings if they cant move.

anyway, my suggession still stand with "stop bringing the summon mobs", we are just suppose to fight a dragon and go to next dragon, not those pointless summoning adds that takes too many hits, making oneshots that no one likes.
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    New idea: when running heralds, the game should automatically strip everyone of weapons, armor, boons, powers/spells, feats... that way we can rely solely on fisticuffs.

THEN we find out who the tough characters really are. :-D

BTW... prior to Mod 6, during a Heralds run, my DC used pretty much nothing BUT Astral Seal... and there was zero noticeable lag. The only complaints I got were when I used Sunburst to knock mobs away from me. I do believe at one point ASeal *did* cause a lag, but that was fixed ages ago. Since I don't feel like doing peoples' research for them, there is a thread about it somewhere in these forums.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79