test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I love the new Runic Bag of Holding!

damnaciousdamnacious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 354 Arc User
edited April 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
The new Runic Bag of Holding is fantastic!

Awesome work guys on providing something that is useful and reasonably priced for a change!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It's actually more expensive per slot than the greater one.
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It's actually more expensive per slot than the greater one.

That is true, but since you are limited to 5 bags (I think), this is a huge advantage.
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    its tempting :D
    Paladin Master Race
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    well before greater was $10 and you could move it between characters...now they add a $16 and voila you can't move any bags between characters any more once you use them................................................
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    burkaanc wrote: »
    its tempting :D

LOL @ your avatar! ROFLOL!
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    Ahh, this must be the reason they bound all bags...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    str8slayer wrote: »

Yep, so that if you ever purchase more inventory you get charged twice because your newer purchase makes the former ones useless. That's a poor business decision because it's an incentive to keep your current inventory (after all, you've paid for it) but it's not the first time we see such a mediocre decision.
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    str8slayer wrote: »

Yup.

The AH would be flooded with "discarded" greaters, and the ZAX would hard-crash, or rather the backlog would speed-climb like a Saturn 5 to 15 million, if they hadn't...

But a 60% price increase for a 17% effect increase is beyond my willingness to spend - especially as the game currently is as it is...

What however really miffed me was the unnanounced nature of this. I had shuffled some bags from currently relegated, but not retired, playing chars to mules - needed some storage there, and just didn't want to buy more bags. Now they're stuck there... :^/

...they really could have given a week or so of adaption phase. Meh...

[Edit: I misread the announcement: There's one very last re-equip on those currently in use...]
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ...they really could have given a week or so of adaption phase. Meh...

You mean like when all our event currencies we spent hours grinding for to save up for the next event were just deleted a week before the event?
  • razlorusrazlorus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    From the way a lot of people are responding about these bags they don't seem to realise that their old bags if they were already equipped are not actually bound yet they are in the pre change state and are therefore boe once you next unequip them meaning you can still move your bags 1 more time to make sure they are where you want them it also means you can sell your current ones to get the new ones really they have been more reasonable than I would expect them to be about it they essentially let everyone that had them equipped keep them unbound unless they take them off and equip them again sure the change does suck but at least they have allowed you to sell your old ones and get new ones instead of making all your old equipped ones bound automatically so you can't sell them they chose the option that allows you to have one last chance to sell them.
    edited April 2015
    ...just crossed my mind:

" One Bag to rule them all, One Bag to find them,
    One Bag to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
    In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie."

Cheers.
  • amenephisamenephis Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ...just crossed my mind:

In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie."

Cheers.

In the Land of Cryptic where the metrics lie."

FTFY.
    edited April 2015
    amenephis wrote: »
    In the Land of Cryptic where the metrics lie."

FTFY.

Well, I left the original line so the reference was clear for really everyone, across language barries. I considered:

"...in the Land of China where our Dollars now lie."

:^)
  • nomadwanderer3nomadwanderer3 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yup.

The AH would be flooded with "discarded" greaters, and the ZAX would hard-crash, or rather the backlog would speed-climb like a Saturn 5 to 15 million, if they hadn't...

but I still dont get BoE over BoA. My family was just starting to get into this game. bought some char slots, bought some bags.. rerolled some characters, trying to find ones we like... We didn't feel bad about our purchases, because we considered the bags BoA. (We had no interest in putting them back on the AH).

My sons, who in 1 month have created and deleted multiple level 20's because they wanted to try out different combinations, now can't have the bags they raked the yard and cleaned the house to get. They said it wasn't fair that the company changed how it works on them.. They want their money back. What they bought is not what they are getting.

I guess this is a teaching opportunity. The bad news is for someone of limited income (there are only so many yards and dishes to be done), this isn't the teaching that I think cryptic wants. Instead of them moving on to the next thing they can do some chores and get some Zen, they are doing the opposite. Asking what other games are out there. This was a pretty big demoralizing change for them.

I struggle to find a reason that BoE solves that BoA doesn't.
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Money money money mo-ney, MO-NEY! (sang to the tune of The Apprentice :D)
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • b0rkch0pb0rkch0p Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    lirithiel wrote: »
    money money money mo-ney, mo-ney!

m-o-n-e-y!...
  • fenchimpfenchimp Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited April 2015

There are innumerable things I struggle to find reasoning behind in this game.

BoA>BoE changes are something that occur most annually; and so hastily they forget to change the info panels, like in the summer event.
    edited April 2015
    Anyone want to bet that Catalog Artifact respawn timer is next change (nerf)?
  • nwoun1nwoun1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    More bank slots though.............................
  • greatweaponarmygreatweaponarmy Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Anyone want to bet that Catalog Artifact respawn timer is next change (nerf)?

No because nobody really cares about that arti, not until it gets a Mail option.
    edited April 2015
    But that artifact is slowing people from buying bags! (just like boa/unbound bags were)

with some Identify scrolls, and that artifact, you can get by with less than perfect inventory.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,335 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    --- nevermind, I forgot about skill kits ----
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    edited April 2015
    --- nevermind, I forgot about skill kits ----
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • zoiks100zoiks100 Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    plasticbat wrote: »
    How many slot does that artifact save you? I can only think of 2 slots. Injury kit and health potion which is supposed to be in your belt anyway. So, effectively, it saves you one slot.

I assume he's talking about the ability to sell things from anywhere with that artifact, since he also mentions needing identify scrolls.

Which means, like many other people, he doesn't realize you can vendor things from anywhere without a timer or wasting an artifact slot by just alt-tabbing to a gateway window. One day that may actually get nerfed.
    Don't Panic.
    airplane-2-o.gif
    Okay, Panic.
    edited April 2015
    I'm new to this game. But now that you have raised another way to avoid buying Moar bags ...
    edited April 2015
    I'm new to this game. But now that you have raised another way to avoid buying Moar bags ...

That is not a new method. There are many ways to avoid buying bag but all options only mean inconvenience and how much pain you want to go through without getting one.

My friend does not want to get one. Hence, he keeps going back town to ship stuff to other mules he created.
    He keeps all enchantment/runestone to wait for the 2x day. He spend a lot of time and pain doing that.

I personally have many and don't ship that around my chars. The bound limitation is bad but it does not hurt me that much.

If they want more money, they should raise number of bag limit to be more than 5.
  • alisi1alisi1 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    greyloche wrote: »
    I guess i shill get one as soon as i stop disconnecting and the game starts working
    lol good one
  • geoffreysgeoffreys Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    At this point, they are doing everything they can to "create a problem, then sell you a solution", as opposed to selling you an honest value.

Its insulting. They will have to work very hard earn back my respect, and probably a great number of older players like myself who recognize disingenuous business practices when we see them.