test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Thanks Neverwinter

elysium1993elysium1993 Member Posts: 12
A majority of these threads are mainly either complaints or questions so I wanted to make a thread to thank the Devs on making such a content filled game free albeit you have to think smart to not splurge in the zen market. I've spent my fair share of zen just to support the devs, obviously with care for the fashion and mount that I needed. The storyline wasn't too memorable but the gameplay is spot on for what this stands for. If anyone wants to quest with a level 60 TR Execution path toon feel free to add me! I've been spending most of my time in PVP. Thanks again Perfect World and happy adventuring to all

GT- Triwingar
Toon- Elysiana Devereaux
Guild: The Syndicate (Guild founder)
Elysiana Deveraux

Tenacity
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    blindliteblindlite Member Posts: 43
    edited April 2015
    Think smart my *** you have to spend money even to respec. It's a huge *** cash cow. The ONLY people who get anything from the zen market without paying a penny are the people who can clear castle never. Weapons from there are over 1million ad.
  • Options
    elysium1993elysium1993 Member Posts: 12
    edited April 2015
    You can save your astral diamonds to exchange to zen just to respec as long as the players aren't impatient. I mean there's worse games that will stiff you out of your money but this game at least isn't shoving it down players throats to spend real life money. Everything can be done through thoughtful thinking. Though im not going to lie the prices are outrageous if you do buy zen with money
    Elysiana Deveraux

Tenacity
  • Options
    bigasstokerbigasstoker Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yeah if you have to pay money to respec your doing it wrong I have just under 2k zen and I havnt paid for any of it. Astral diamond exchange makes it more than easy to get whatever you want out of the store, and I did buy 20$ at the beginning to get the heirloom pack because why not I would've paid 20$ for this game easy.
  • Options
    telprydaintelprydain Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Totally agree with the OP - Great game!
    Casual Gamers
    Join us brothers and sisters and distant relations and confused onlookers.
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.
    "In war, unqualified. In peace, disorganised. In death, mild irritation."

JOIN US.
  • Options
    mantab00bmantab00b Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I made 3 mil AD today standing in the Enclave; CN weapon prices are being butchered thanks to silly people who don't understand how to effectively undercut. If you're patient and a skilled player there's no reason you need to drop cash on the game, though if they mess up again and offer zen at 50% cost I'm going ham on it.
  • Options
    gaanjaa81gaanjaa81 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    content filled???? O.o
    Devoted cleric rule number one = We cant cure stupidity so no heals for fools ^.^
  • Options
    nfldpatriotnfldpatriot Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Good idea TS, I thank the devs as well for bringing this game to console.
  • Options
    xboxarcaccountxboxarcaccount Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Fix the group finder(currently no class priority or kick cooldown) and the performance issues(dungeon lag and 5 second freezes) and give me my race reroll token(dont sell packs with items you have yet to add to the current game...poor planning) and I will then say thanks. For now all I can say is the game is decent but probably released a bit early...not many kinks but kinks that seriously hurt fun and confidence in the game.
  • Options
    blindliteblindlite Member Posts: 43
    edited April 2015
    Professions net me nearly no AD. I had to respec because it's insanely hard to find a guide that's accurate which I did after hours of looking. The fact is the game is a pure cash cow. An the sad part is even after all these thousands of lock boxes have been opened. All the keys that have been bought. All the mounts and profession things at the overpriced cost of buying Zen they still can't maintain stable servers. You can save your astral diamonds sure yeah you can. You can only refine 24k a day lol did you know that the high end weapons cost over 1million ad? If you aren't part of a group clearing castle never and selling the drops you aren't making much these days.

This is just my view as I have terrible RNG. Hell it took me over 40 Spider Queen kills to get my chest armor out of the box lol. I'd make a lot more AD if I won rolls on T2 armors that were part of the 4sets but I roll under a 30 every time. So currently I'm around 48k ad a day which is gone constantly considering upgrading anything in this game is a huge grind.
  • Options
    latinlegendlatinlegend Member Posts: 43
    edited April 2015
    Take it from someone who has been playing MMORPG's since the mid 90's, Neverwinter is far from a good MMORPG. Not that it's a bad one since I have definitely played some far worse ones but it's not on par with many of the good MMORPG's with F2P models. As an old school MMORPG player, I will not complain about the grind or lack there of or the RNG of item drops. As many other old school gamers will agree, you kids have it easy these days compared to the MONTHS we had to wait for just one item back in the day. If anything, the game is overly generous with the drops. Only took me 2 weeks to get a full set of T1/T2 gear.

As for the issues, there are plenty. The game as whole has less depth than an single player RPG game. The story is not even memorable at all. It's far too easy to level in. Hardly any endgame content other than some easy as hell " Epic " dungeons. I can go on but that's just the content. Then we have the Zen market. I honestly have no issue with F2P MMORPG's having markets & I have spent a decent amount already grabbing some things that I felt was worth the asking price. I am perfectly fine with cosmetics, mounts, dyes, companions & items of that sort being on the market. What I am NOT fine with is items needed for crafting or enhancements being on it. Yes, I know I can convert my AD into Zen & get the items I need in that fashion but this is the Xbox One we are talking about. I'm not going to sit around all day rolling multiples alts just to game the AD system. Many others may feel that way as well. As mentioned, I have dealt with long grinds in the past to EARN my items. Not a grind for currency so I can buy it. Smart MMORPG developers keep there premium currency markets as cosmetic such as unique looking mounts, gear skins, holiday items, etc.

The only thing I can honestly be thankful for is that Neverwinter is exposing new people to the MMORPG genre. To those players, I would say that things will only get better from this point as you start to dive into superior MMORPG experiences down the road.
  • Options
    chidy1776chidy1776 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The key in this game and most free to play games is time. The thing is if you want to save time you can put some money into it, if you want to farm and your smart about auctions and such you don't need to spend money. While I do agree some things like respects shouldn't cost zen, and the zen prices are high, I'm not complaining to much.
    Paul 60 guardian fighter on mindflayer.

Rising Star, fun friendly, community focused guild on mindflayer. We strive to help each other and enjoy the game together. Talk to me for info, or feel free to check and join our community at risingstarneverwinter.enjin.com