test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Random AoE targetting?

yllenyllen Member Posts: 75 Arc User
edited April 2015 in The Temple
Every so often (and I haven't recognised an obvious pattern yet), my AoE target will randomly jump around. Annoyingly happens in the middle of fights when I'm trying to cast in divine mode and I'll end up casting the spell on empty ground.

Most of the time I can spam the 'x' button to cast 3xCoBL on the mob thats beating on me, and the targetting centers around me and the mob attacking me. Happy days. Every so often though the initial 'x' button press to target the area will be on some random location away from me.

Anyone else noticed this?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• thekeninblackthekeninblack Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I've had the same problem when I was leveling so I checked the options to see if there was anything to stop it, and there is. There's an option to disable auto aoe targeting. I forget where specifically (and I can't check since the game is down) but there's definitely an option that eliminates your problem.
  • jarlax1jarlax1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 68
    edited April 2015
    I disabled auto target, and it still happens. AoE circles seem to try to snap to a target, the bigger the mob is the bigger chance it will snap to that target. Example, fight a dragon, AS, BoH, always snap to dragon and if you don't adjust you will always toss effects right on top of boss.

This needs changed to just centering the aoe where my target reticle is, because by God that's where I want the **** to go
  • anyolname716anyolname716 Member Posts: 47
    edited April 2015
    To me it seems that the AOE spells target the closest target that you are most directly facing. So while something may be in your line of sight, whatever is the most closest to your sight will get the AOE zone.