test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can't complete Spinward Rise

acro33acro33 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 79 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Player Feedback (PC)
I didn't see any threads containing this issue so I'm starting this up.

Here's my massive problem.
I did about a third of the Fiery Pit and got bored as hell with it; it's dreary, dangerous as hell and it has an awful lot of running great distances. So I went on to Spinward Rise for a change in pace. Once there I completed a number of Vigilance Tasks before the guy who gave me the quest to do vigilance tasks told me to go back to the Fiery Pit and finish it.
So I finished the Pit and returned to Spinward Rise and now the guy who gave me the quest to do vigilance tasks won't give me the quest again. I never dropped the quest and yet it's gone from my journal.
I tried going back to Sgt Knox and that woman next to Minsc to see if they could help, but nope.

And now I don't know what to do. Has anyone had this problem too? How did you resolve it (if at all)?
Post edited by acro33 on

Comments

• Options
    traxsutraxsu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited April 2015
    Worst case scenario get 70, work on getting the artifact from the tyranny campaign and you'll be okay.
  • Options
    gruliagrulia Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    haha. yeah. i remember that it took me an evening to figure this one out...

but solution is simple. follow the storyquest line: talk to the dwarf (?) next to mr vigilance in spinward and do the "riding the winds" quest. then the new zone unlocks and you can continue grinding your main hand.

do the same again after the second batch of vigilance tasks.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    grulia wrote: »
    haha. yeah. i remember that it took me an evening to figure this one out...

but solution is simple. follow the storyquest line: talk to the dwarf (?) next to mr vigilance in spinward and do the "riding the winds" quest. then the new zone unlocks and you can continue grinding your main hand.

do the same again after the second batch of vigilance tasks.

Ok, cool.
    But will that mean that I get a new version of the Vigilance Task quest in that next area?
    I'm already lvl 70 so I don't need to grind, I just want to finish the story.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    traxsu wrote: »
    Worst case scenario get 70, work on getting the artifact from the tyranny campaign and you'll be okay.

I had already finished the Tyranny of Dragons campaign about two months before Mod6 came out, so I'm good on that front. Got three artifact items (one Legendary weapon, the talisman and the belt) and full Draconic Templar gear.
  • Options
    gruliagrulia Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    nah, there are two new artifact weapons out there which make the old ones look, uhm, old.

you'll get the main after finishing the spineward quest line.
    you'll get the off from a questline starting with capitain knox in protectors enclave (need to be level 70).
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So I just finished the 3rd Zone in Spinward Rise with my OP... And I can't seem to get the Air Seed or whatever I need for the Tree. It's sending me back to the Firey Pit to get the Fire Seed there, etc.

Is it no longer possible to just do Spinward Rise for your mainhand?
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I wish I could help you on this one... but my partner and I are being good little drones and going through all the Elemental areas as the devs intended.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least that this was a ninja-fix.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I wish I could help you on this one... but my partner and I are being good little drones and going through all the Elemental areas as the devs intended.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least that this was a ninja-fix.
    Well that's moderately annoying... Would be nice for them to at least SAY that's the case. So when I completed the 3rd 16x Quests in Spinward Rise, was I supposed to get another quest for a seed or something? And if so from whom?
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I think you get it from the annoying dwarf. Maybe the Marshal. I don't remember.. it's been a couple of weeks, and I'm not quite there with my alt.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I think you get it from the annoying dwarf. Maybe the Marshal. I don't remember.. it's been a couple of weeks, and I'm not quite there with my alt.
    kk thanks :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    vadimt83vadimt83 Member Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So I just finished the 3rd Zone in Spinward Rise with my OP... And I can't seem to get the Air Seed or whatever I need for the Tree. It's sending me back to the Firey Pit to get the Fire Seed there, etc.

The seed quest is given by the the crazy druid girl who's talking to the sky. You should see a yellow marker.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    vadimt83 wrote: »
    The seed quest is given by the the crazy druid girl who's talking to the sky. You should see a yellow marker.
    Oh man, do I owe you a beer good sir! :D
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    billabongbillbillabongbill Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2015

yep have tried to complete 'riding the winds" numerous times but after lesser air runes are charged the game falls over. trail is gone and quest giver does not respond. Wish they would fix this as looks like a few people with probs on this quest. Very annoying that the game ends here. Anyone have any ideas????
  • Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Did you follow the quest instructions and "tune" the obilisk? (Looks like a Stargate, between the dwarf and the flat portal).
  • Options
    xxmrbendyxxxxmrbendyxx Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Wrong area
  • Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User

Spinward is level 66. When I got stuck I just abandoned every single EE quest and it gave me some more in Spinward.

You can only have 8 vigilance quests and quests from all areas are included in the count. Not only that, you can have only one wrapper quest. For example, if you did 4/8 quests in Fiery Pits, then went to Spinward Rise and picked up the wrapper quest there, you lose the Fiery Pits wrapper quest and will need to start over the Fiery Pits if you want to complete it.
  • Options
    drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    That is not true.

Now you have to finish everything... and you will still end up at lvl 66 or 67 when you are done with all of the EE content. I did a very extensive study on this journey when I recently leveled my GWF through EE. You can skip around and the quests do remain in your journal... I did it when I left FP to go to SR.

When I leveled, I was able to repeat 3 of the 4 areas doing 10 to 12 quests each just to get to 70. That was after I did 10 to 12 quests in each zone before moving forward. The reason I skipped FP during the repeat session... I already opened up SR so I could cherry pick the quests.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    dufistodufisto Member Posts: 537 Arc User

Spinward is level 66. When I got stuck I just abandoned every single EE quest and it gave me some more in Spinward.

You can only have 8 vigilance quests and quests from all areas are included in the count. Not only that, you can have only one wrapper quest. For example, if you did 4/8 quests in Fiery Pits, then went to Spinward Rise and picked up the wrapper quest there, you lose the Fiery Pits wrapper quest and will need to start over the Fiery Pits if you want to complete it.
    unless this changed since last week that is not true, you can have the wrapper vigilance quest from both fp and spin at the same time.
  • Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    Hmm. Either they changed it or i'm somehow mistaken. I remember I did 4/8 for the last area of FP. Then I decided to try to do SR in parallel. I did some quests in the first SR area, and when I went back to FP, I no longer had the wrapper quest for the last FP area.
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User

I just levelled up a GWF. He tried to send me back to Fiery Pit, but I ignored him and talked to the dwarf. I had done the Air Seed, however, so I dunno on that point. I think they always try to send you back to the last area, because they can.