test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Elder Scrolls Online OR Neverwinter

shaddysideshaddyside Member Posts: 20 Arc User
Hey,
just wanted to ask for some opinions/arguments why people either stick with Neverwinter or swap over to ESO when it launches June 9 (hopefully?). I'll be sticking with Neverwinter.

Thor
Post edited by shaddyside on

Comments

• gaanjaa81gaanjaa81 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ESO beta downloading now ^.^

will play both, but will spend a lot more time on eso as its a much better game (in my opinion). BTP>FTP.

i will log on here still most days, do a few dung runs with my guild and dailys but that will be it, not gonna bust a gut or anything.
    Devoted cleric rule number one = We cant cure stupidity so no heals for fools ^.^
  • lunaticslave777lunaticslave777 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ...ESO of course, way much better on all departments. I havent been playing much this game after all this frame rate <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, server contantly kicking one out (not even the chats works 100%) and lack of comunication from developers...anxioulsy waiting for its release.
  • eroticdoomeroticdoom Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Thought ESO had decided to be F2P too..
    " I reject your reality and substitute it with my own "
  • gaanjaa81gaanjaa81 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    nah its BTP
    Devoted cleric rule number one = We cant cure stupidity so no heals for fools ^.^
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Neverwinter
  • fukiiyufukiiyu Member Posts: 159 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    You have to buy ESO but there is no longer a subscription.

I will continue to play Neverwinter because after I heard PC players can transfer their max level characters over to the Xbox I completely dropped the idea of getting that game.

If we could all start out equal and at level 1 then I would definitely play ESO but to be a huge disadvantage (years?) like that I refuse to buy that game.
  • getphazedgetphazed Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ESO is not that good, pre ordered the imperial edition on PC and only played it 2 months before quitting. The game was horrible, wvw pvp sucked, and the whole level grind was so bad. Definitely prefer neverwinter to eso. Wish GW2 would port over to console.
  • nfldpatriotnfldpatriot Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I am staying with Neverwinter and maybe get ESO when it is on sale for at least 40% off.
  • ryoshinetteryoshinette Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    GW2. Full game (10 euro) in price of peridot stack.
    Ryoshin GF (4.2k)
    .Suicide Squad.

• thezer0fluxthezer0flux Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    getphazed wrote: »
    ESO is not that good
    This. The game just isn't fun. In fact, it's very dull.
  • krad777krad777 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I will definitely be trying ESO but have not heard good things about it. I will still play Neverwinter though as I am thoroughly enjoying it.
    "An Idle mind is the devils workshop"
  • pufpuffpasspufpuffpass Member Posts: 88
    edited April 2015
    Want to know what I did this morning? Ran my first PvP! Figured, wouldn't be bad. Sure TR's will bend me over, but I figured, need the gear(fresh level 60) to run better dungeons or just to get a higher GS to stop getting kicked. Got one shot 15 seconds after starting. Quit halfway through after I racked up 20 deaths without even taking 10% dmg out of ANY of the enemy teammates. I'm a CW so it was weird seeing my moves not make a health bar move. I don't know if it was just me, the enemies GS, or a number of things.

So I figure, oh well. Go to dungeons, where I usually place 1-2 in DPS. PvE is my bread n butter. So now, I have been bent over in pvp, and constantly getting kicked from groups. Even a dungeon for level 58 I can't join.

My issue with this game, is it seems to punish people, very quickly. Making it harder, so much harder to even get gear.
    This has been my Neverwinter experience the past 3 days. 3 DAYS of doing nothing. Sure, there probably are 100 other things I could be doing to help myself out. But nothing has prompted me in game that I noticed. Still not sure how professions work 100% even though my three I work on are level 7. So sure as <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> can't make anything. AH is a joke unless you feel like looking up every item by name, and as a new player I have not one idea what gear to look for. If only I could scroll through a list, my level, that people were selling, in a WORKING AH....

I had so much fun leveling and questing. I praised this game and realize now my mistakes.

This game is very Guild Oriented, which I have said in the past. I just didn't realize the extent as I was pre 60. Now at 60, I'm stuck with level 52-56 items. A gear score that gets me kicked faster then I can join a game. A need to join a guild I didn't want(when I join a guild, I want it to be out of interest, not necessity).

In less words, I'm getting ESO. At least there end game is present for new players as well as experienced. From the beta I played, it felt like alot more structure. Neverwinter has left a bad taste in my mouth as I love it, but cannot even fully experience it. ESO seems far more logical.

As lacking as Destiny was in any endgame capacity, I can still at least join a match without getting kicked, or join a PvP and actually see what is killing me/have time to react instead of getting 1 hit nuked.
  • latinlegendlatinlegend Member Posts: 43
    edited April 2015
    ESO by a HUGE long shot. It's not even close dude lol. I did play it for a long time on the PC side & it's leaps & bounds superior to Neverwinter. Which should not come as a surprise to most considering the developer behind it & the much larger budget the game had to work with. Also, the PvP is stupidly fun & will be a big improvement coming from Neverwinter. Will be a real treat to those that have never played the game on PC. People may try to play it down but take it from someone who has played the game since the PC closed beta & have thousands of screenshots from that phase up to a few months ago when I took a break. Many being PvP since I enjoyed it so much lol. The game is good & a big step up from Neverwinter in pretty much every way.
  • zachary4829zachary4829 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    fukiiyu wrote: »
    You have to buy ESO but there is no longer a subscription.

I will continue to play Neverwinter because after I heard PC players can transfer their max level characters over to the Xbox I completely dropped the idea of getting that game.

If we could all start out equal and at level 1 then I would definitely play ESO but to be a huge disadvantage (years?) like that I refuse to buy that game.

We had max levels in Neverwinter after two days. These are MMOs, you'll be playing them six months from now, some people will be playing six years from now, two days isn't a factor.

ESO has a very good over arching story line, it can be hit or miss for zone story lines, but some side quests alone are worth every line written in Neverwinter.

The PvP completely blows Neverwinter out of the water, there is just no comparison, and if you think you are "not a PvP guy" then you are about to be. Hate getting ganked, not good a twitch combat? OK, here, man this TREBUCHET!

I really like the way each company approached classes, very different, but both are fun. I actually prefer combat in Neverwinter, I love sliding around going nuts on my cleric, but that is about the only thing I prefer over ESO.

All in all I wouldn't look at either game as a long term sink my entire life into it MMO. The are both just pretty good games that will keep you happy a bit longer than your average RPG, but that you will put aside for the new hotness next year.
  • fukiiyufukiiyu Member Posts: 159 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    I don't know if it was just me, the enemies GS, or a number of things.

So now, I have been bent over in pvp, and constantly getting kicked from groups. Even a dungeon for level 58 I can't join.

AH is a joke unless you feel like looking up every item by name, and as a new player I have not one idea what gear to look for.

This game is very Guild Oriented, which I have said in the past.

1) Yeah, it was just you, AND the enemy GS, AND a number of other things. Chances are you got matched up against a pre-made, which is likely. You are a FRESH level 60 you said? So you're not wearing level 60 gear, nor are you wearing PVP gear so your Tenancity is what? 0? No sh** you're dying so quickly... Win or lose you will gain Glory and from there you continue to build Glory then buy PvP gear.

2) You answered yourself on this one, see #4.

3) Are you kidding me? It's 2015 and you have never heard of Google? Seriously... Type in "Build for "X" in Neverwinter" and you will find out what gear you should be looking for. (Where X is, type in your class...)

4) Yes, this game can be Guild oriented at the end-game which is perfectly fine, just find a guild that has enough players and they run dungeons then you won't be kicked anymore. PROBLEM SOLVED. Also, run pre-mades with that guild or makes friends and run pre-mades using the MICROPHONE provided with your Xbox. You'll see a huge difference in strategy and your score.
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    We had max levels in Neverwinter after two days. These are MMOs, you'll be playing them six months from now, some people will be playing six years from now, two days isn't a factor.

ESO has a very good over arching story line, it can be hit or miss for zone story lines, but some side quests alone are worth every line written in Neverwinter.

The PvP completely blows Neverwinter out of the water, there is just no comparison, and if you think you are "not a PvP guy" then you are about to be. Hate getting ganked, not good a twitch combat? OK, here, man this TREBUCHET!

I really like the way each company approached classes, very different, but both are fun. I actually prefer combat in Neverwinter, I love sliding around going nuts on my cleric, but that is about the only thing I prefer over ESO.

All in all I wouldn't look at either game as a long term sink my entire life into it MMO. The are both just pretty good games that will keep you happy a bit longer than your average RPG, but that you will put aside for the new hotness next year.

Soooo much this ^^^. ESO is visually stunning compared to the 15 year old NWO engine.
    ...and I loooooove having siege weapons and destructible keeps and LARGE scale Realm vs Realm.
    Sure, it's got some RvR lag issues at the moment with zerg balls of 20 players spam casting, but they at least fix their bugs.

AND no Zen spam announcements glaring in the middle of the screen every 15 seconds. :mad:

The ONLY thing Neverwinter has that ESO doesn't is Foundry.
  • tzarofkaostzarofkaos Member Posts: 42
    edited April 2015
    ESO is build around Skyrim ,which is a step backward from previous Elder Scroll games (especially from Morrowind).
    And Tamriel continent is very limited (1 common area,3 individual areas).....
    Not a game for me.
    (Might just play a bit of beta,just to visit the small area of Morrowind)....
  • r3ppartr3ppart Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I've never tried Elder Scrolls Online; where can I get the beta?
  • latinlegendlatinlegend Member Posts: 43
    edited April 2015
    r3ppart wrote: »
    I've never tried Elder Scrolls Online; where can I get the beta?

You would of have to sign for it on the official site. Not everyone gets in though as it was based on random selection.
  • zdragonlordzdragonlord Member Posts: 31
    edited April 2015
    Played Oblivion and Skyrim religiously. Cleared 100% of Skyrim without ever passing level 15 once (the most of what I could do that is). Played Skyrim for 2.5 years… YEARS. Go back and make a new guy every now and again, always like "man I wish I can play this with friends." Suddenly BAM! ESO announced (was in first wave of PC beta players, but sadly no invite yet). Since I have a MAC (laptop, not a PC gamer), and heard the $20 per month fee, I quickly dropped ESO like it was lava.

Anyway, enough of that, I will drop Neverwinter much the same way. I am IRL a real knight (seriously, have an armory) and learning ESO is coming to console at a buy once… Amazing. First thing on the list: Lay siege to a castle in chaotic medieval warfare as I take part in IRL (but without the explosions and death, lol). I am so psyched it's not funny… Hoping I get a beta invite, seeing I signed up for the console one a year ago, lol.
  • xboxarcaccountxboxarcaccount Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    If GW2 came over to console NW and ESO would be in serious trouble. GW2 World vs World is so fun there is nothing like it. As it is I have played PC ESO and now Xbox NW and I feel Neverwinter is a better game. Neverwinter unfortunately has horrid communication game breaking performance issues and the main focus of Dungeon Delving is pointless unless your a Cleric or GF or in a dungeon team that runs exclusive.

Without performance fixes and an improved group finder this game is going to suffer especially since more and more folks hit level cap and get terrorized in the dungeon kick loop.
  • jjb828jjb828 Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Why pick one when you can play both?

Seriously though, both games are AWESOME. Love the world of Elder Scrolls and love Neverwinter. In fact,

OFFTOPIC- If anybody is interested in joining a guild that will be a part of BOTH Neverwinter AND Elder Scrolls Online check out our forum and sign up. http://roguesgallery.enjin.com/forum#

We have around 65 members and we are a pretty close group of people. Use party chat, help whoever needs it, dungeons... If it's PvE we do it.

ON TOPIC: I'll be playing both.
    Check out the Neverwinter/ESO guild Rogue's Gallery! While you're at our forums, submit an application and join our glorious regime!
  • zaknafyenzaknafyen Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    jjb828 wrote: »
    Why pick one when you can play both?

Seriously though, both games are AWESOME. Love the world of Elder Scrolls and love Neverwinter. In fact,

OFFTOPIC- If anybody is interested in joining a guild that will be a part of BOTH Neverwinter AND Elder Scrolls Online check out our forum and sign up. http://roguesgallery.enjin.com/forum#

We have around 65 members and we are a pretty close group of people. Use party chat, help whoever needs it, dungeons... If it's PvE we do it.

ON TOPIC: I'll be playing both.

Finally, someone will be in the same boat as me! I'll definitely be signing up!
  • xboxarcaccountxboxarcaccount Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Playing both is a large time sync for two MMO style games. Possibly for an alcoholic it would be fine no designs on endgame. Once you wish to compete in endgame PVE and PVP staying competitive gear wise would be a substantial time sink. Not that playing two games is bad, it's just not always a valid path for people with time constraints. So to answer the question why not both? Common answer would be insufficient time.
  • grimnebulagrimnebula Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    eroticdoom wrote: »
    Thought ESO had decided to be F2P too..

You buy the game for 60 then its free to play after that
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'll remind people that these are the official forums for Neverwinter. Discussion of competing MMOs is prohibited under the Rules of Conduct--let's please keep the focus on Neverwinter.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.