test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Devotion Justice?

alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
edited April 2015 in The Citadel
I've been hearing that a devotion justice OP does pretty well as a main healer at 70. Currently leveling a devotion light, level 53. Am I better off going that route or stick with light. It's rather slow leveling now.. but if light is the way to go, I'll continue with that path.
Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    equ4lizerequ4lizer Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    alkemist80 wrote: »
    I've been hearing that a devotion justice OP does pretty well as a main healer at 70. Currently leveling a devotion light, level 53. Am I better off going that route or stick with light. It's rather slow leveling now.. but if light is the way to go, I'll continue with that path.

Im using devotion justice path. last 3 feats on light path though.
    IGN: Granzon
    军医骑士 超过三千水平 突破极限释放开
    Daily: Granworm Sword
    Enounter: Vow of Enmity | Worm Smasher | 縮退砲
    Class Feature: Kabbalah System
    Aura: Warp Field

IGN: Faluzure 19k Tenebrous Soulbinder Scourge Warlock
    (The Corrupted) (Retired)
  • Options
    couatl13couatl13 Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The biggest thing that Justice Devotion Paladins have over Light Devotion Paladins is that, while Light can heal for more, Justice can heal far more often. It's full of alot of cooldown reduction powers, which means alot of your powers are up more often. So you can actually switch it up, DPS for a bit, and still kick out some nice healing to keep the rest of the team up and running.
  • Options
    leafusleafus Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    couatl13 wrote: »
    The biggest thing that Justice Devotion Paladins have over Light Devotion Paladins is that, while Light can heal for more, Justice can heal far more often. It's full of alot of cooldown reduction powers, which means alot of your powers are up more often. So you can actually switch it up, DPS for a bit, and still kick out some nice healing to keep the rest of the team up and running.

Can you post your build? I've been protector but it's so lacking currently I'm looking to switch things up, currently level 69. Thanks
  • Options
    edited April 2015

Interesting. Looks like I'll have to mess around a little in preview. What did you do with your heroic feats? Would you take divine action over exemplar's haste due to CD justice feats? I heard AP gain is important for justice devotion for prism.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    leafus wrote: »
    Can you post your build? I've been protector but it's so lacking currently I'm looking to switch things up, currently level 69. Thanks

I can, sure. Keep in mind however, that I am currently level 65 and therefor still ironing it out.

Justice%20Devotion%20Paladin_zpsimjg7nyj.png?t=1429641105

Note: This is a Human Paladin, hence the extra three feats. Also, I'm only sharing the feats because I honestly think the powers them selves are more to taste. I like to run Burning Light, Relentless Avenger/Smite and Cleansing Touch as my encounters. Though I will often bump Relentless Avenger/Smite out for Bond of Virtue. I'll even replace Burning with Bane if we need the extra DPS. As for At Wills, I use Oath Strike and Radiant Strike/Cure Wounds. Dailies are Divine Judgement and Lay on Hands/Healing Font, although I honestly like Lay on Hands more...
    Interesting. Looks like I'll have to mess around a little in preview. What did you do with your heroic feats? Would you take divine action over exemplar's haste due to CD justice feats? I heard AP gain is important for justice devotion for prism.

AP gain IS important, however, I stuck with Exemplar's Haste over Divine Action simply due to the fact that quite honestly I have been known to forget to even pop my Divine Call. Which, I suppose, is a good thing that Vengeful Judge is still, for the most part, broken.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    ^ thanks for the info and feat structure. I will play with it on preview and hold off and see what tomorrows "patch" brings.

Edit: I was sold on the devo justice play style.. changed today. I actually feel a use for divine call, as it was very slow recharge as light. Hopefully tomorrow is just fixes, nothing spec breaking :rolleyes:

werewolf.jpg
  • Options
    jaegernljaegernl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I think we might've run into eachother during a Skirmish. I run around with a dragonborn named Isaac. Anyway, I use a Devotion Justice spec. Considering the above player already gave you a decent skillset for leveling, I'll throw in my two cents on stuff for the dungeons.

Feat wise, I've not taken the increased aura range and instead took the 5% AP on use of Divine Call feat. I find it actually helps a lot, as having Bond of Virtue active procs Vengeful Judge a lot, which gives me an extra pip of Divine Call. Also, you'll stay in combat shortly after any encounter has ended, at which point you spam any remaining Divine Call pips for AP. They regenerate quickly afterwards, which gives you another 15% AP at the start of the next encounter. I hardly use Divine Call for healing anyway. Compared to Cleansing Touch and Divine Touch, the amount is just too low.

Encounter wise, I ALWAYS slot Bond of Virtue. Parses have shown me that Bond does all the heavy lifting when it comes to healing. I generally end up at about 60-70% of my healing coming from Bond of Virtue, as it takes a percentage of your heals and spreads them to EVERYONE in range. It doesn't seem to have a target cap. It's just that good.

Secondly, I generally go with Vow of Emnity. Everyone that hits the target gets healed, but that heal also gets spread around to their teammates. Basicly, it's Astral Seal on steroids, with the downside that it's only dropped on one mob. Still seems to account for about 10-15% of my healing by itself, before it gets spread around by Bond of Virtue.

Third encounter depends on the situation. Divine Touch can heal for a bunch. It's a very sexy burst heal with a low cooldown. It's AoE by itself, and then gets spread around by Bond of Virtue for some crazy healing. I got a 180k crit heal on a teammate earlier via Bond of Virtue. Seems a tad much. So much so that it tends to overheal: more healing than necessary. Cleansing Touch isn't a bad choice. It's an AoE heal, which again, gets spread around by Bond. The kicker is that it's castable when CC'd, even when proned, and breaks some CC's like White Dragon guy ice. When close to teammates it'll cleanse them all. Bane is also pretty solid for boss encounters. It's 30% increased damage to the target, while it also reduces targets damage. Nomnom. I never use it on teammates as I find that wasted potential. Any of these is my general dungeon healing setup. I do have a second setup I sometimes use when it's easy going, i.e. a good tank with a party that doesn't require too much constant healing:

Bond of Virtue/Cleansing Touch/Divine Touch. The idea here is to use Cleansing and Divine whenever they come off cooldown, regardless if everyone is on full hp. Between Echo of Light, Divine Call's cooldown reduction and their low cooldown anyway, you'll be spamming them back to back to proc Flash of Light as often as possible, giving teammates near constant cooldown reductions, while still providing some healing.

At-wills are Oath Strike, which heals and gets spread around by Bond, and Cure Wounds, which is an excellent heal by itself. It's generally enough to keep a tank going, while it also gets spread around by Bond, for anyone who gets caught by a bit of splash.

Also note that the heal you receive from Sanctuary, our Block, gets spread around by Bond. Excellent way to heal people up. Lots of damage incoming? Hold block while your group engages the targets. Our stamina regens quickly enough.

Class feat wise, there's no substitute for Aura of Courage. In parses it's been anywhere between 10-30% of my teammates damage so far. It's just that good. Second feat, I generally slot Aura of Wisdom for more cooldown reductions, even if it's just a little. Aura of Divinity's heal is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>-poor and doesn't trigger nearly often enough. Aura of Vengeance has poor damage compared to the HP pool of dungeon mobs. You wont need the bonus healing from that one Aura which name escapes me at the moment. During boss fights, I switch out Wisdom for Life. People have reported it interfering with Soulforge, but I've yet to see that. It's just a wonderful magic trick to be able to rez someone while walking past them, and can be the difference between a whipe and a win. Take Valindra's magic show, for instance. With the red lines and the ghosts, and the biggest baddie of them all: lag, being able to run past them and rez them is so very superior to having to stop and pick them up, with the added risk of red lines of death and ghosts chasing you, that it's worth a slot. However: Make sure to inform your party that you have it slotted. They might not expect getting a drive-by rez by a running Paladin. It may catch them off-guard and might cause them to die again.

Dailies: Heroism. Temp. HP + CC Immunity can be a life-saver in the Lostmauth fight. His trick where he roars and then chain stuns you do death is impossible with this active. Also a pretty decent defense for when you get agro. Added bonus of more Damage Resistance, yes please. For the second one, I'd suggest Shield of Faith, if I didn't HIGHLY suspect the Damage Resistance part of it was bugged. I just don't see it affecting the incoming damage numbers at all. If it ever gets fixed, this'll be a no-brainer. 50% DR for your team? Yes please. Healing Font accounts for MAYBE 2-3% of my healing. Such a waste of a daily. Lay on Hands is alright, considering it doesn't take a lot of AP and can trigger Prism.
    Isaac the Adequate - Level 70 Oath of Protection Paladin
    Aurelius the Awkward - Level 70 Pathfinder Ranger
    We have looked into reports of players experiencing connection problems and have been unable to identify any server, data center, or client-side issues. We believe this may be ISP related.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    At the end there, I mentioned Prism. Why I swear by AP gain is just that: Prism. It's stupidly overpowered when combined with Bond of Virtue and Vow of Emnity that just about only a 1-shot will kill a teammate. Everything else gets instantly replenished. Prism spreads every heal you receive to your teammates. It seems to cause a healing loop with Bond of Virtue. It might not be working as intended, and it's certainly annoying for anyone who doesn't like the word PRISM PRISM PRISM flashing over their character, but it's one hell of a heal, which again, gets spread around by Bond. I'm fairly certain Prism will get fixed or nerfed in the end, though. It might need a bit of looking into concerning the way it works with Bond of Virtue and Vow of Emnity. It may need a toning down, even though I love me some Prism.

Funny thing, we ran into a second OP in that Skirmish I think I was in with you, who also had Prism. It causes a terrible loop of healing procs that nearly stopped the entire instance in it's tracks.
    We have looked into reports of players experiencing connection problems and have been unable to identify any server, data center, or client-side issues. We believe this may be ISP related.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    jaegernl wrote: »
    Funny thing, we ran into a second OP in that Skirmish I think I was in with you, who also had Prism. It causes a terrible loop of healing procs that nearly stopped the entire instance in it's tracks.

Haha, yeah, that HR was me. The lag was rather interesting, lol.

Thanks for your input :)

I am enjoying justice must more than I did light. Though I'm thinking of changing it up again. The AP gain sounds like a clutch and I think I messed up a feat. I picked up Beacon of Hope but after thinking more of the tooltip, it feels rather underwhelming. I would think that T3 light share the light would be more beneficial. Also did you pick toughness? Looks like if I take the 2 mid and 2 bottom, T1/T2 heroic, I can only put 3 points into divine action.

I am a little confused by the capstone. Judge and vengeful judge are 2 different aspects? What exactly is judge and what is vengeful judge? The description isn't very clear for me, as I see both pop up at different times.

werewolf.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I am a little confused by the capstone. Judge and vengeful judge are 2 different aspects? What exactly is judge and what is vengeful judge? The description isn't very clear for me, as I see both pop up at different times.

Judge is the damage boost and cooldown reduction... Which doesn't work for either Protection or Devotion if I recall correctly. Oh, sure, it pops and says "Judge", but I don't notice the damage buff OR the cooldown reduction on my Devotion Paladin. Now then, Vengeful Judge has a chance to pop when you use an encounter power, or when Vow of Emnity procs. Anyway, all it does is refill one Divine Call pip.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Thanks for the capstone clarification. I had a feeling it was something like that but wasn't quite sure.

werewolf.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Actually, the cooldown reduction and damage boost work just fine for my Devotion Paladin. I do know that it doesn't work on the Protector side of things, though.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    And yes: 'Judge' gets activated when you use a Divine Call. It's a damage boost and cooldown reduction, that has it's own little icon under your character stats. It kind of reminds me of a red Rebel Alliance logo.

'Vengeful Judge' gets activated by encounters. It's a chance based proc that will replenish one pip of Divine Call. It triggers rather often on Bond of Virtue and other spammable encounters, and makes the AP gain and cooldown reduction of this type of healer so good.
  • Options
    exard3kexard3k Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2015

The whole justice capstone is bugged. Seems like both the description as well as the mechanics are wrong. Maybe this is being addressed in today's patch. Biggest advantage right now in Justice is Echos of Light, making your encounters refresh immediately sometimes but still at a more or less reliable frequency. Radiant Strike helps here because of the faster attack speed compared to other at-wills. I play with protection but radiant strike looks great for devotion as well.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    exard3k wrote: »
    The whole justice capstone is bugged.

Only thing bugged on the Devotion side is that it lowers the cooldown on everything, even Artifacts and Tymora's Lucky Coin.
  • Options
    pricetagcloudpricetagcloud Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Justice%20Devotion%20Paladin_zpsimjg7nyj.png?t=1429641105

Note: This is a Human Paladin, hence the extra three feats. Also, I'm only sharing the feats because I honestly think the powers them selves are more to taste. I like to run Burning Light, Relentless Avenger/Smite and Cleansing Touch as my encounters. Though I will often bump Relentless Avenger/Smite out for Bond of Virtue. I'll even replace Burning with Bane if we need the extra DPS. As for At Wills, I use Oath Strike and Radiant Strike/Cure Wounds. Dailies are Divine Judgement and Lay on Hands/Healing Font, although I honestly like Lay on Hands more...

AP gain IS important, however, I stuck with Exemplar's Haste over Divine Action simply due to the fact that quite honestly I have been known to forget to even pop my Divine Call. Which, I suppose, is a good thing that Vengeful Judge is still, for the most part, broken.

This is precisely what I'm doing on my OP, except mine's a half-elf. Those feats just make sense. I tend to call myself a Healing Buffadin xP
    SW: Callisto Shedevil. Soul Binder Temptation 16.1k GS
    GUILD: ~Myrmidons~

Would Love to party up with people for pretty much anything!
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    This is precisely what I'm doing on my OP, except mine's a half-elf. Those feats just make sense. I tend to call myself a Healing Buffadin xP

I honestly think the last five are going to go into aura gifts, just so I can kick out more power to the rest of the team. Though I half suspect that feat to be more useful on a Protection Paladin.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I honestly think the last five are going to go into aura gifts, just so I can kick out more power to the rest of the team. Though I half suspect that feat to be more useful on a Protection Paladin.

Do you think "Share the light" T3 light feat will be an overkill? I kind of derp and put in Beacon of Hope and it feels like there are much better options. I'll just end up using one of my winterfest re-training tokens at 70 but want to plan ahead.

werewolf.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Do you think "Share the light" T3 light feat will be an overkill? I kind of derp and put in Beacon of Hope and it feels like there are much better options. I'll just end up using one of my winterfest re-training tokens at 70 but want to plan ahead.

No more overkill than a Bulwark Protection Paladin. Of which I am still tweaking for my Tiefling... Ultimately, though, I'm not really sure the feat is worth it. You're going to have to be pulsing a heal pretty often to make it worthwhile. I could, of course, be wrong.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    No more overkill than a Bulwark Protection Paladin. Of which I am still tweaking for my Tiefling... Ultimately, though, I'm not really sure the feat is worth it. You're going to have to be pulsing a heal pretty often to make it worthwhile. I could, of course, be wrong.

My train of thought, if there is no internal cool down on this feat, I would have bond of virtue up and pretty much any healing sources would keep this up a great deal of time. I could be totally wrong but that is what I am understanding from the tooltip. Though I am not sure if devotion justice has enough healing power as it is without needing it.

I am a dragonborn so I only took 2/3 feat of wisdom extra healing (have high wisdom) and went 3/3 charisma for the extra crit. That is why I am thinking this will help buffer that gap. Otherwise I don't mind giving an extra power buff but being within 30 ft for 6 seconds when moving around a lot can feel rather iffy to me.

werewolf.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Though I am not sure if devotion justice has enough healing power as it is without needing it.

Devotion Justice probably has more healing than anyone, because of cooldown reductions. Also: Prism. Lay on Hands can keep Prism going indefinitly. Heal someone for a tiny bit of AP, trigger Prism. It has a 30-20 second cooldown, so one Divine Call will make you able to trigger it again before it has worn off.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Devotion Justice probably has more healing than anyone, because of cooldown reductions. Also: Prism. Lay on Hands can keep Prism going indefinitly. Heal someone for a tiny bit of AP, trigger Prism. It has a 30-20 second cooldown, so one Divine Call will make you able to trigger it again before it has worn off.

Thanks. Hoping to reach 70 by the end of the weekend. More difficult to learn the healing aspect in "leveling dungeons" right now, since healing isn't required.

Not sure where to put my last 5 points then. Aura Gifts has it pro's and con's. Also on my second respec, I accidentally choose Swift Flash when I wanted Bound by Light, but I don't see myself really using Templar's in dungeons that require hard core healing, so not sure if the Control Bonus is really necessary either. I don't pvp nor plan to so control resistance is probably kind of lacking in pve.

werewolf.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Thanks. Hoping to reach 70 by the end of the weekend. More difficult to learn the healing aspect in "leveling dungeons" right now, since healing isn't required.

Not sure where to put my last 5 points then. Aura Gifts has it pro's and con's. Also on my second respec, I accidentally choose Swift Flash when I wanted Bound by Light, but I don't see myself really using Templar's in dungeons that require hard core healing, so not sure if the Control Bonus is really necessary either. I don't pvp nor plan to so control resistance is probably kind of lacking in pve.

I've actually specced Swift Flash, too. 10% Control Bonus isn't helping anyone when you're not controlling, and Swift Flash + Into the Fray or some other speed boost makes you hell-a fast. Also, the 'Weeeee'-factor plays a role. Every once in a while, I like to 'Weeeeee' instead of being dead serious.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I've actually specced Swift Flash, too. 10% Control Bonus isn't helping anyone when you're not controlling, and Swift Flash + Into the Fray or some other speed boost makes you hell-a fast. Also, the 'Weeeee'-factor plays a role. Every once in a while, I like to 'Weeeeee' instead of being dead serious.

lol, I was confused at first after my respec where all of a sudden I got a movement speed burst. Was about to ask opinions on this but I might keep it. Can possibly help save my life or someone else's with the short speed burst, but yeah, zipping around can be fun :p

werewolf.jpg