test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Text Chat is Broken

spuratisspuratis Member Posts: 58 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Bug Reports (Xbox One)
There's something seriously wrong with chat in this game. I don't know if it's just in certain zones or what, but text just flies by. You type something and then it zooms by because of giant blank walls of space pushing it out of the frame. It's hard to even look at items people post or reply to people for group invites, vice versa. It's starting to wear on my nerves as I'm sure it is others, too. I know I'm not the only person this is happening too. Yeah, there are a lot of people chatting, but that's not the issue. It's the big blank spaces pushing all the text out.

Another issue - I can't keep the expanded text screen open. It just automatically shrinks back down to normal size every time I open chat.. when you press right thumb-stick, it expands it and then everything slides up and is gone. You can't scroll up to see it. It just disappears.

These things make it a real pain in the butt to communicate with people in this game.
Post edited by spuratis on

Comments

• Options
    morgonmgcmorgonmgc Member Posts: 68
    edited April 2015
    From what I can gather, it seems the combat log (all the combat/damage history, which you can access by using LB/RB when chat is active) also affects the Social chat buffer. So if you try to chat (or find people to invite) during an active dragon encounter, where there's a lot of combat data being generated, you'll only be able to briefly skim incoming Social messages.

Additionally, there's a game setting (accessible in the menu) to change how long idle chat stays visible. I think the default is 45(?) seconds, and you can also adjust it to never disappear - although I'm guessing it'll still get pushed out by the combat log.