test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Inspect?

jiubiizeekkjiubiizeekk Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 144 Arc User
edited April 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
I honestly dont like not being able to inspect my guildies, people on my friends list and when im in pvp. Im a guild leader and i cannot see how my fellow guildmates are progressing without interrupting them to link every nook and cranny they have equipped

Unless im directly in front of my friends or guildies i cannot inspect them, and in all honesty its a pain in the buttox that i have to be in the same instance and in front of them(unless they are talking in chat, still same zone).

Also i cannot devise any plan of strategy with my team, when i cannot view and analyse the gear of enemy players(pvp).

Not liking this "non discrimination" thing they've done... just a massive hindrance.

P.S. there probably is another fourm but cbf/cant find it.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    samothrace22samothrace22 Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yes, please fix
    ────────────────────────────
    SAMOTHRACE
    Trickster Rogue
    ────────────────────────────
  • Options
    packrat0packrat0 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hear hear! This needs to be rolled back.
  • Options
    kss1985kss1985 Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    yes, please revert it as it was before. it is much useful, and speed up the process of choosing the party.
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    IMHO it should at least work as before when used on guildmates and friends.
  • Options
    bwowmpbwowmp Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Don't know if this works for everyone. Not a fix for all cases, but it helps.

I too was frustrated by this at first but have found a workaround in some circumstances. I now just point at the character, hit "F" and the select inspect. Of course, it shows up with no gear, etc...nothing but the character picture and some stats.

But then I hit "Esc", hit "F" again" then select inspect and I get the full inspect screen every time, just as before the new mod. Only drag is that the character has to be within line-of-sight.

Don't know if it's just me, but it seems to work consistently. More of a pain than before, but a do-able workaround which helps somewhat for me until they fix this.
  • Options
    kaedennnkaedennn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 361 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I honestly dont like not being able to inspect my guildies, people on my friends list and when im in pvp. Im a guild leader and i cannot see how my fellow guildmates are progressing without interrupting them to link every nook and cranny they have equipped

Unless im directly in front of my friends or guildies i cannot inspect them, and in all honesty its a pain in the buttox that i have to be in the same instance and in front of them(unless they are talking in chat, still same zone).

Also i cannot devise any plan of strategy with my team, when i cannot view and analyse the gear of enemy players(pvp).

Not liking this "non discrimination" thing they've done... just a massive hindrance.

P.S. there probably is another fourm but cbf/cant find it.

bull**** , L2P and stop copying others , you even like to inspect players feat's too !

You mean pvp strategie like: oh they are BIS , let's leave ??? .
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This belongs in the PvP forum . . .
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    lupisulupisu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I can see why the gear might be concealed, but would love to at least be able to peek at the history tab, for example when receiving a pm from someone I don't recognize. Class and guild (and even more what their bio has written on it!) ought not be impossible to find.
    More than likely this is not trivial to implement so not holding my breath for it. It does however rank quite high on requested features for me.
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    myowmyow wrote: »

Nope.

You're somewhere in the middle of a map, sliced and diced your way there for ten minutes...

...when e.g. a guildmate asks for some advice necessitating a look at his loadout. Do you go back to PE for that? Nah. OK, telling them to wait can be used as a workaround, but...

Formerly much of this could be done then and there with the remote inspection. Now no longer.

I do respect the PvP thing, being a reason for the change, though while we're at it: this above isn't the only reason to call for a bit of a step back - I'd also consider enabling the remote-inspection of someone who just killed you a legitimate wish...
  • Options
    jiubiizeekkjiubiizeekk Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I do respect the PvP thing, being a reason for the change, though while we're at it: this above isn't the only reason to call for a bit of a step back - I'd also consider enabling the remote-inspection of someone who just killed you a legitimate wish...
    Yeah, in a way they should disable inspect for your own team mates not the enemies.
    myowmyow wrote: »
    Lies!
    kaedennn wrote: »
    bull**** , L2P and stop copying others , you even like to inspect players feat's too !

You mean pvp strategie like: oh they are BIS , let's leave ??? .
    Dont even know what L2P means.... If you mean ptw then no i have never spent any money to increase my pvp toon, I have bought the odd stack of 10 keys for lock boxes every so often but that's only gotten me a normal soulforge g.vorp and a normal negation before they became 1.8mil. Everything else i farmed when the time was right. And just to say. the last two mods my mainhand and offhand were blue, Yeah blue. dont make assumptions.

All i want to do is inspect my guildies and see who killed me and why he killed me. (power, arm.pen, crit, defense ect)
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i m ok with no inspection unless there are in your party or in your guild...however many bugs/exploit have been discovered thanks to it.
  • Options
    kaedennnkaedennn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 361 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yeah, in a way they should disable inspect for your own team mates not the enemies.

Lies!

Dont even know what L2P means.... If you mean ptw then no i have never spent any money to increase my pvp toon, I have bought the odd stack of 10 keys for lock boxes every so often but that's only gotten me a normal soulforge g.vorp and a normal negation before they became 1.8mil. Everything else i farmed when the time was right. And just to say. the last two mods my mainhand and offhand were blue, Yeah blue. dont make assumptions.

All i want to do is inspect my guildies and see who killed me and why he killed me. (power, arm.pen, crit, defense ect)

L2P = learn to play !
    i got my point , you like to copy :p
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    If you're standing in front of someone, you can inspect them.

Do the "Press F" and "Inspect" thing, and up pops their character sheet. Click on Fashion Items, the click on "Adventuring Gear". Voila! You can see what they are wearing.

Stats (Item Level, etc.) aren't shown, yours are, but at least you can see what they're wearing/using.

And, for the nay-sayers, not everyone uses this to copy or to exploit or for other nefarious reasons.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    packrat0packrat0 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Can someone explain how in the hell (in the most basic terms so as to not give too much away) simply inspecting someone's gear is exploitable? And further, how merely limiting inspection the way they now have resolves that. I just can't imagine this to be a thing that happens. It's not like you can do anything with someone else's gear.
  • Options
    rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Well, seems like the change is intended and not a bug. Been trying to get an official answer for weeks now, devs won't say a word. Screw all exploits/bugs, this is pissing me off the most. God knows I'm not staying for the crippled content anymore, I'm staying for my guildies and friends, so at least allow me to enjoy assiting them and not drag me to PE to meet up with them, lag to death, dc, log, crash, log again, inspect and waste 15 minutes.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Can't even inspect friends....