test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Help me fix/improve my TR.

sinibytesinibyte Member Posts: 61 Arc User
edited April 2015 in The Thieves' Den
http://nwcalc.com/tr?b=pa7:260zsg:14jqa4,1li3i2i:15u0uv:100000:15u000&h=0&p=min

This is my build (xbox player, fresh 60) - I mostly PvE, but like to PvP (for fun). I use Duelist Flurry and Cloud of Steel for my At-wills. Dazing Strike, Lashing Blade and Path of the Blade (or swap for Shadow Strike). I like the constant use of stealth and having my stealth bar repop quickly for a 1-2 punch with One with the Shadows. Stealth and either Dazing Strike for AOE or Lashing Blade for single target. For AOE, I re-stealth and Path of the blade. I use courage breaker on bosses during the fight, and Shocking execution when they get low on health. In PvP, I stealth lashing blade, dazing strike then shocking execution if I can - filling the gaps with duelist flurry and cloud of steel for if they run. I use First Strike and Skillful Infiltrator. I nearly always finish top damage and most enemies slain in dungeons. PvP, I tend to finish middle of the pack with an even 1:1 K/D.

I’ve been stacking power and crit equally. 21 STR, 23 DEX, 19 CHA are my final stats (I think).

I like to play as a burst opener then combat rogue style from there on out.

I don’t know if I'm doing it right, but it feels very fluid and has served me well to 60 – it is enjoyable. BUT - How can I improve? I looked at some other builds and couldn't find anything like how I've been playing - so I assume I'm doing it terribly wrong.

Thanks!
Post edited by sinibyte on

Comments

• ibench200ibench200 Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    sinibyte wrote: »
    http://nwcalc.com/tr?b=pa7:260zsg:14jqa4,1li3i2i:15u0uv:100000:15u000&h=0&p=min

This is my build (xbox player, fresh 60) - I mostly PvE, but like to PvP (for fun). I use Duelist Flurry and Cloud of Steel for my At-wills. Dazing Strike, Lashing Blade and Path of the Blade (or swap for Shadow Strike). I like the constant use of stealth and having my stealth bar repop quickly for a 1-2 punch with One with the Shadows. Stealth and either Dazing Strike for AOE or Lashing Blade for single target. For AOE, I re-stealth and Path of the blade. I use courage breaker on bosses during the fight, and Shocking execution when they get low on health. In PvP, I stealth lashing blade, dazing strike then shocking execution if I can - filling the gaps with duelist flurry and cloud of steel for if they run. I use First Strike and Skillful Infiltrator. I nearly always finish top damage and most enemies slain in dungeons. PvP, I tend to finish middle of the pack with an even 1:1 K/D.

I’ve been stacking power and crit equally. 21 STR, 23 DEX, 19 CHA are my final stats (I think).

I like to play as a burst opener then combat rogue style from there on out.

I don’t know if I'm doing it right, but it feels very fluid and has served me well to 60 – it is enjoyable. BUT - How can I improve? I looked at some other builds and couldn't find anything like how I've been playing - so I assume I'm doing it terribly wrong.

Thanks!

go with executioner build to execute stuff, sabeteur is like pvp path imo.
  • drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Dude, I went with Whisperknife Executioner build myself. I have fine tuned it to a point where I have a PvP rotation with decent success and fairly good PvE success. I had great success in PvE before the PC Mod6. My suggestion is to start with smoke bombs instead of dazing strike. The reason will be obvious when you try it out.

I would also offer this suggestion playing around with Blitz and a little bit of Wicked Reminder. I have mixed all of them for the encounter powers.

You will not be a witness to some of the problems the PC players have been experiencing... so continue to burn them with glee.

My final statement to you is this... if it feels fluid... stick with it. It does not have to be difficult to be good.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • lemonchilllemonchill Member Posts: 523 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?787471-preying-mantis-PVE-executioner-module-5-glass-cannon-build&highlight=mantisa

good for xbox too ,sadly i deleted youtube videos but i promise you i still get thank you notes from new trs at this game.

enjoy.
  • quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    If you want to benefit from Sab you should use the charged abilities from behind. This way you will benefit from the Sab feast a lot more and get more free stealth time. If you want burst on opening go Exe and aim for targets under 70% hp while you have stealth on.
  • s1lv3rdrgnforums1lv3rdrgnforum Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    morenthar wrote: »
    As sad as it is, as of right now, there is only one truly viable path. That would be Saboteur. I 'd wait to make any changes until 4/23, when we see some patch notes that will give us all a better idea as to the future of this game and this class.

you missed the part where he's playing XBOX.. meaning he hasnt seen mod6 yet :)
    Bedlam: Creating chaos as a MI Exec TR
    Avariel Merilwen: Burn baby, MoF/Rene
    Aejun The Silver: Devoted to Healing, DevOP/Justice
    Mina Rosepetal: Super Natural, Pathfinder/Melee
    Frost: Benchwarmer, Soulbinder/Fury
  • ryoshinetteryoshinette Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    u r TR
    u dont need to be fixed, lean to play
    Ryoshin GF (4.2k)
    .Suicide Squad.

• sinibytesinibyte Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So, we’ve been speed running Pirate king, and I changed my skills to be more AOE focus, just wrecking everything. Stealth then Dazing Strike, restealth then Cloud, then AOE daily whirlwind. Single target it’s all duelist flurry, stealth lashing blade, and courage breaker. Most damage, most kills every time – received the new titles for most damage and most kills last night. One with the shadows is giving me a free stealth pop every 15 seconds and just destroys everything. Dodge, roll, stealth, debuff on bosses – I’ve been tanking as well.

I finding it hard to see why to respect into SoD even though everyone recommend it.
  • gruliagrulia Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    have fun on the xbox while it lasts. mod 6 is quite the gamechanger... :p
  • drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    u r TR
    u dont need to be fixed, lean to play

True enough... getting to 60 is the preamble. It is like childhood compared the being a teenager and an adult. The game opens up at 70, like life opens up at adulthood. Being a child really does not help us as a teen or an "adult". The analogy is that we cannot learn how to play until we hit the top.

Until then, things change too much to perfect a build.

However... some of us remain children throughout life.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance