test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

MOBS ALWAYS! hit GF in the back

doriangreighdoriangreigh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 707 Arc User
edited April 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
I can only find one use for my GF in skirmish or dungeons, grab aggro and start walking backwards. This is lame. EVERYTIME a mob comes to hit me he walks straight to my back. I even started walking backwards to avoid this, guess what happened? The MOB kept walking trying to get to my back, he walked or like 3 - 5 seconds until he finally stopped to swing.

HOW is it a TANK is supposed to TANK if you can't stand your ground without something jumping on your head or hitting you in the back?

Perhaps the biggest advantage of Paladin is the 360 degree shield they have, GF shield is near worthless especially when it drops constantly for no reason despite having full or near full stamina. And i'm pretty sure once in awhile targets just bypass shield altogether.

Also GF powers are so long animated that once combat starts you can't activate a power because once you do .. bam you get hit >>>> [Combat (Self)] Skeletal Frost Giant deals 151937 (128617) Cold Damage to you with Stomp. That attack had NO animation it was standing there so I tried to activate iron warrior to give me a boost and as soon as my shield was down I wad dead, no warning, no wind up nothing. I have 35% DR and 20% deflect, do you see that damage, as per all the mobs that actually get a hit in on me the damage was a NON crit that was amplified to 151k, not that 128k matters I only have 115k HP.
Post edited by doriangreigh on

Comments

• doriangreighdoriangreigh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 707 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Oh yeah and not to mention since apparently the GF likes to take a step forward with aggravating strike you often shoot right past mobs for them to hit you into your nicely exposed back side. WHY does the GF take a STEP???? JUST STAND there for godsake and stab. WHY does the GF stab animation look like he/she has cerebral palsy??? ITs so chopping and stuttery that i'm inclined to think that is the reason why your shield drops is because of some animation glitch.

Also WHY do mobs and players NOT respect bases??? I'm so often standing right inside the base of a MOB especially a dragon which leads me to believe that now since i'm "inside" its base all its attacks can now bypass my shield because the attack is being considered to hit my back.
  • neirgaraneirgara Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Sadly he is right.

AI seems to be better than before. I play a GF, too, and when I stand there, trying to block 3 opponents in front of me they fan out and surround me. With only 3 mostly two of them take my sides, not granting Combat Advantage to each else but effectifely hitting me outside of my blocking area. If there are 4 or more, the surround me completely, granting all other enemies Combat Advantage.

It's a pain in the ***. Literally.

But it's also a great challenge, since I have to rearrange myself all the time and actually need to keep concentrated. I like it. :)
  • juleadreamjuleadream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Bull Charge the one behind you... or FLS the ones in front of you. Knockbacks are your friend in those situations.
  • katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    What? Did you just start playing the game right now? Mobs have always been moving to surround you.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It's not like you're alone in these instances so what's the issue? Your CW not controlling, your DC not adding to your DR, the ranger not rooting, the TR not using smoke bomb, the GWF not using avalanche... And the GF not using lunging strike to reposition himlself. That makes quite a lot of failures for one team. Don't blame the game, blame the players in your case.
  • neuroticnekoneuroticneko Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Often surrounded even when I'm playing my GWF; does it bother me? Simple answer no; I just take the challenge on and do what I can to survive and kill them all!
    Jadis 25K Level 80 Warlock; Cassandra.. Wizard; work in progress.
  • discoricediscorice Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    juleadream wrote: »
    Bull Charge the one behind you... or FLS the ones in front of you. Knockbacks are your friend in those situations.
    ^^^This right here.
    Fear Of A Disco Planet
  • neuroticnekoneuroticneko Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    discorice wrote: »
    ^^^This right here.

Knockbacks are just awesome in this situation, lol.
    Jadis 25K Level 80 Warlock; Cassandra.. Wizard; work in progress.
  • qutsemniequtsemnie Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The only thing I agree with in this thread is the step forward when stabbing is annoying. The rest is a video game simulation, and outside of paladin comparisons actually is part of the fun of being a GF.

None of this stuff is new with mod 6 (strange claims that it is aside). It has all been in the game since 2013.
  • tonyswutonyswu Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I've suggested many times before to give at least the protector GF 180-degree frontal shield.

Sadly I was ignored.
  • tonyswutonyswu Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    qutsemnie wrote: »
    The only thing I agree with in this thread is the step forward when stabbing is annoying. The rest is a video game simulation, and outside of paladin comparisons actually is part of the fun of being a GF.

None of this stuff is new with mod 6 (strange claims that it is aside). It has all been in the game since 2013.

A lot of bugs have also been in the game since 2013, what's your point?

There room for improvement on GF's shield.
  • fenchimpfenchimp Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    tonyswu wrote: »
    A lot of bugs have also been in the game since 2013, what's your point?

There room for improvement on GF's shield.

This.

Apparently NOBODY thinks ANYTHING is wrong with Guardian Fighter. I just love it. It must be wonderful having your head stuffed so far up your backside you can smell roses.

I tried mentioning how broken the class is in another thread and was told "well obvs you just joined and haven't followed the class."

I've been playing for almost two years, and I've mained GF. Since module 2 arrived AT LEAST. It was only recently I yanked off my rose-tinted glasses and started caring enough about how much the game is falling apart to join the forums. Which I realized was incalculably useless.