test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Astral Diamond Exchange

codher0codher0 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
Let's talk about the diamond exchange. I have a couple questions. I have been paying real close attention to the numbers for the last 4 days. I was wondering why they have been staying around the same area. 37-41 I have seen it as high as 148 about a week ago. It seems to rise around noon to 4 PM. And then it slowly falls down till about 5 AM. What exactly is the reason for this? I'm trying to understand the economy of this game.
On PC why is the price for zen so high? I seen it at 335.
Post edited by codher0 on

Comments

• Options
    icecubepal88icecubepal88 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The game is still new on the One. Good time to buy while it is cheap. It's because people want to sell their stuff quickly, so they make it cheap. There have been exploits on PC version.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Ohhh ok so the exploits on the pc have made their zen more expensive?
  • Options
    icecubepal88icecubepal88 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Actually, I shouldn't have said exploit. Let me get more detailed with it.

It's very easy to make tons of AD in Neverwinter so over time a lot of the population becomes extremely rich and when a new lockbox is release there ends up being a backlog in the exchange because people want to use their AD to pay for keys. It isn't an exploit.

Currently the backlog is at 5.6 million dollars in Zen listings.

The thing you want even more than the Gateway is the Foundary. This would allow people to create entire quest lines that they could share with everyone else. There are also premium companions as rewards for becoming a content creator in Neverwinter. Sadly, I don't think MS would want the responsibility of policing every quest line created to make sure it isn't inappropriate. I seem to remember something like this that MS refused for this very reason.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    What is the backlog?
  • Options
    zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    codher0 wrote: »
    What is the backlog?

There is no backlog. For some reason, the other poster is bringing up PC problems in the Xbox forum. Takes about a week to exchange AD for Zen on the PC version, even for the 500-1 max rate.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I meant like what is it? I don't understand what you said lol be descriptive :)
  • Options
    zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I meant like what is it? I don't understand what you said lol be descriptive :)

A backlog is when more people are trying to exchange Ad for Zen, than there is Zen listed. When a backlog occurs, there is no Zen for sale. So, everyone trying to get Zen with AD has to wait until some gets listed. Currently on the PC, sales of AD for 1 Zen take about a week.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    So throwing my zen around in the exchange is a bad idea?
  • Options
    reallyreconreallyrecon Member Posts: 170 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    So throwing my zen around in the exchange is a bad idea?

That question doesn't have a simple answer. If you know anything about merchanting you can make AD/Zen by buying low and selling high, but the fact that you had to ask means you should probably stay away from that or do your research first.

The backlog in question only applies to PC, and since you're clearly posting in the XBone forums it really has no relevance, so I'm not sure why you would think it's a bad idea. It's only a bad idea if you can't do it properly.
    Recon - 60 Cleric
    Gamertag: ReallyRecon
  • Options
    maltokamaltoka Member Posts: 40
    edited April 2015
    I think the exploit that really hosed the pc economy was the negative AH bid issue, right?

Anyways, back to the original question. I also have noticed that mid day the prices definitely rise and fall predictably. Though mid day here (fla) is morning elsewhere, so most likely the market waking up so to speak then slacking off at the end of the day.
  • Options
    x3n0forumx3n0forum Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    maltoka wrote: »
    I think the exploit that really hosed the pc economy was the negative AH bid issue, right?

And the lockbox resonator exploit.