test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What kind of DEEPS do you do?

swagicalxswagicalx Member Posts: 31
edited May 2015 in The Thieves' Den
Just want to see what all the other Rogues are hitting out there in Dungeons!!

Right now my highest sits at 8.2 million..

what's everyone else at????

Sir Kazmac out!
Post edited by swagicalx on

Comments

• Options
    blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    none i dont play on xbox.XD
  • Options
    blindliteblindlite Member Posts: 43
    edited April 2015
    I had a 26 million in a T2 earlier this week. Gonna have to attribute that to the fact people were pulling extra mobs that weren't needed and the fact that they were lacking in either gear or skill. Normally I'm top in a Dungeon unless there's a CW then I get beaten almost every time lol. On average though I'm usually 12-20mil depending on the dungeon and how much extra work I have to do compared to other dps. I'll also note that Warlocks and Hunter Rangers are usually the lowest in every dungeon. Just in case any of you Locks or Huntards were wondering why you get kicked most of the time.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Hey blind what's your GS? if you don't mind.
  • Options
    proxaaproxaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 67
    edited April 2015
    swagicalx wrote: »

Sir Kazmac out!

8.2 mln is not DPS.

DPS means "damage per second". 8.2 mln is jut damage you did in dungeon and it tells nothing about your dps.
  • Options
    fukiiyufukiiyu Member Posts: 159 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    proxaa wrote: »
    8.2 mln is not DPS.

DPS means "damage per second". 8.2 mln is jut damage you did in dungeon and it tells nothing about your dps.

I think it goes without saying what he meant by his question..

Do you seriously think he meant he did 8.2 million damage a second?
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Hmm... do you see DPS anywhere in my initial question?
    " I said what are you guys hitting in the dungeons I.E ...over all damage "
  • Options
    geltabgeltab Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    I average appx. 10 mil per dungeon. If we wipe its more like 14-15 mil.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Hmm... do you see DPS anywhere in my initial question?
    Actually yes - in the name of your thread ""What kind of DEEPS do you do?".

Besides.

What is the point of comparing DAMAGE you do ? It tells nothing about your dps or damage potential.
    The less you die and the more other party members die - the higher is your damage.
    The more mobs you are able to kill, the higher is your damage. Everything depends on the party.
  • Options
    jjb828jjb828 Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Actually yes - in the name of your thread ""What kind of DEEPS do you do?".

Besides.

What is the point of comparing DAMAGE you do ? It tells nothing about your dps or damage potential.
    The less you die and the more other party members die - the higher is your damage.
    The more mobs you are able to kill, the higher is your damage. Everything depends on the party.

Sorry but you are being an *** for no reason. I've been playing MMO's for YEARS AND YEARS, and DPS is now more than just Damage Per Second. But you sit on your high horse being better.
    Check out the Neverwinter/ESO guild Rogue's Gallery! While you're at our forums, submit an application and join our glorious regime!
  • Options
    munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I've only done the Pirate dungeon so far and both times I was just shy over 10mil.

Lashing/PoTB/Dazing -DF- Whirlwind
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    jjb828 wrote: »
    Sorry but you are being an *** for no reason. I've been playing MMO's for YEARS AND YEARS, and DPS is now more than just Damage Per Second. But you sit on your high horse being better.
    You completely do not understand Neverwinter game mechanics.

DPS is, and always has been, Damage Per Second - that's why it's called D P S. Nothing else. It's the only value to compare the damage effectiveness of a character towards other character.

Example.

If your max DPS is 20k\s (use ACT to measure it) - it means you can deal max 20k damage every second with your character.

But if you do 30kk damage in dungeon - it tells really nothing. You could have died frequently so other team members have done higher damage. They could have died more often than you so you have done higher damage. There are many more factors in party coordination that influence damage output. So your 30kk in one dungeon could be 12kk in the same dungeon with other party. But DPS could be the same in both cases.

DPS =/= Damage done.

Now you understand ?
  • Options
    elysium1993elysium1993 Member Posts: 12
    edited April 2015
    Maybe he should've worded the title thread differently but there is no reason that you should flip out about the whole situation. I hope most rogue players know what DPS is and that the total damage given at an end dungeon isn't a reflection of it
    Elysiana Deveraux

Tenacity
  • Options
    pimpernickel1pimpernickel1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    If your max DPS is 20k\s (use ACT to measure it) - it means you can deal max 20k damage every second with your character.

What is ACT?
  • Options
    pandynupandynu Member Posts: 45
    edited April 2015
    Name: Panda
    Gear Score: 14.6k
    Total Damage: ~28 million in Castle Never runs (one shot all bosses)
    T2 Dungeons: ~16-18 million
    Paragon: Master Infiltrator
    Heroic: Executioner

Can you even measure DPS on the xbox platform -.-
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    What is ACT?

ACT is an online tool used to "parse" or measure damage per second (DPS). It tends to be more commonly used for theory crafting/experimenting as it provides great detail into damage spread and break out.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    YOU CANNOT USE ACT ON THE CONSOLE AND WE ALL KNOW WHAT DPS IS...GEEZ CMON I just wanted to see what rogues were pushing out damage wise at end of a dungeon run...and all this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about what if some one died? well my answer is simple DONT DIE...lol
    I mean wtf is the difference if you die? it still affects your "DPS" anyway regardless.

Anyway new record for me 16 million no deaths in the group ICESPIRE dungeon.
  • Options
    thezer0fluxthezer0flux Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    pandynu wrote: »
    Name: Panda
    Gear Score: 14.6k
    Total Damage: ~28 million in Castle Never runs (one shot all bosses)
    T2 Dungeons: ~16-18 million
    Paragon: Master Infiltrator
    Heroic: Executioner

Wow, there must be a huge difference between 11k GS and 14.6k GS. While I out damage nearly everyone I run with, I'm nowhere near being able to one shot bosses -- especially not CN bosses! Does anyone out there have a capability curve in relation to gear score and potential damage output? The difference between 6k and 11k is noticeable, but not too drastic, which is why I didn't get why people were kicking people over GS. I was doing more DPS at 6k-8k GS than others were at 9k or more, so I considered GS to be a meaningless measure of a toon's potential. I imagine the damage potential curve shoots almost straight up after 11k to go from where I'm at to one shot boss kills.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Wow, there must be a huge difference between 11k GS and 14.6k GS. While I out damage nearly everyone I run with, I'm nowhere near being able to one shot bosses -- especially not CN bosses! Does anyone out there have a capability curve in relation to gear score and potential damage output? The difference between 6k and 11k is noticeable, but not too drastic, which is why I didn't get why people were kicking people over GS. I was doing more DPS at 6k-8k GS than others were at 9k or more, so I considered GS to be a meaningless measure of a toon's potential. I imagine the damage potential curve shoots almost straight up after 11k to go from where I'm at to one shot boss kills.

I didn't mean I kill bosses in one attack; one-shot bosses means our groups kill bosses on the first try which should be taken into consideration when determining total damage. My point being that I deal about 16-18 million total damage in T2 dungeons when we kill every boss in one attempt. I deal ~28 million in our full clear CN runs when we kill every boss in one attempt.

We also don't pull or kill everything either. We have started to do speed clear runs through all content, including CN.
  • Options
    thezer0fluxthezer0flux Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    pandynu wrote: »
    I didn't mean I kill bosses in one attack; one-shot bosses means our groups kill bosses on the first try which should be taken into consideration when determining total damage. My point being that I deal about 16-18 million total damage in T2 dungeons when we kill every boss in one attempt. I deal ~28 million in our full clear CN runs when we kill every boss in one attempt.

We also don't pull or kill everything either. We have started to do speed clear runs through all content, including CN.
    Oh! That makes much more sense.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    So... hit 26 mill and 577 kills highest thus far for me :D
  • Options
    ab0vegr0undab0vegr0und Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 6
    edited April 2015
    69.8 million Castle Never
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Solo right :)
  • Options
    kaspa6kaspa6 Member Posts: 34
    edited May 2015
    so after a few runs of cn i average around 42 mill with no wipes first time was 72 mill just on the last boss but was getting a team togeather in that run
  • Options
    respectpaysrespectpays Member Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Sir Kazmac out!
    depending on dg 10-40m 40m is highest on castle never
    lowest is 10m on pirate I have a 14k gs with dex belt/the 3 bonus/(drac ring/barb ring/flame necklace set/ red drag artifact/bel portal/latern/ assassin for mh's atm working on shiv/cer set for the 350 crit bonus and assassion helm/boots/ and sinister arm/armor for max stat bonus I use executioner build my power is around 5600 or so and crit is 3800 /I don't have artiface weapons yet almost there maby another week til I can achieve max gear score
  • Options
    chaosangel2112chaosangel2112 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    75.9 million. Castle never, gamertag Chaosangel2112, check my uploads.
  • Options
    mesoecmesoec Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Depending on my group for the run I will do anywhere from 22-50+M in CN. A better estimate is on shores i pull about 7-8M Avg.
  • Options
    nonameduunonameduu Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Pic or it didn't happen
    December
    Scourge Warlock
  • Options
    sinibytesinibyte Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    nonameduu wrote: »
    Pic or it didn't happen

/shotsfired.
  • Options
    prettyflacko1prettyflacko1 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    blindlite wrote: »
    I'll also note that Warlocks and Hunter Rangers are usually the lowest in every dungeon. Just in case any of you Locks or Huntards were wondering why you get kicked most of the time.

Sad to hear people have that impression of my class (HR) but I hear it a lot. Oddly enough I easily top dungeons as a trapper HR. Never been beaten out by a TR, including a run through Temple of Spider with a 14k TR while I was at 12.5k. Even manage to do more damage than 2nd and 3rd combined, even fourth sometimes as well. Only ever been topped by CWs who clearly out gear me (legendary artifacts/artifact weapon etc.). Maybe I'm just running with TRs that lack skill.