Options

Red curse?

jobsalotofworkjobsalotofwork Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 189 Arc User
edited April 2015 in The Nine Hells
Warlocks curse has horns
Lesser curse has a green glow
Warlocks bargain has just the face?
TT curse has horns and red eyes.
What's the curse with a red glow that I see occasionally? It looks like a lesser curse but with a red rather then green glow.
Post edited by jobsalotofwork on

Comments

• Options
    kevinevolutionkevinevolution Member Posts: 47
    edited April 2015
    I would also like to know. I've seen it at rare times. Is it something new?
  • Options
    denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm still investigating to find out what does that.

I'll update later when/If I find out.

So far the only lead I have is it happened when monsters were striking me (it seems)
    I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
    It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
    You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
    My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread
  • Options
    arcainninjaarcainninja Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    For me, I saw it when I crit someone with Hand of Blight with All Consuming Curse on. Not sure if they have some correlation with each other.

Edit: Ok now this is wierd, not only did I have a red curse appear on one target... but a blue one appeared also next to the enemy whilst I was using the above abilities. Ill try to post some pics if I can catch it.
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It's all-consuming curse at 4 points. It works even if you don't have it slotted in your class features.
    denvald wrote: »
    I'm still investigating to find out what does that.

I'll update later when/If I find out.

So far the only lead I have is it happened when monsters were striking me (it seems)
    I bet you have Vengeful curse feat. Adds strike you - they get cursed.
    For me, I saw it when I crit someone with Hand of Blight with All Consuming Curse on. Not sure if they have some correlation with each other.
    Yes, All-consuming curse class feature works on crit.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    vasdamas wrote: »
    It's all-consuming curse at 4 points. It works even if you don't have it slotted in your class features.

My All Consuming Curse is only rank 3 and normally it procs a green curse (the lesser curse)

aaue68.png

As you can see, there is a green curse (from an earlier crit) and a bluey-purpley curse (reminiscent of Warlocks Bargain) although I dont have WB put on.

5fqgc9.png

Here is a red curse applied with Hand of Blight on melee, which leads me to believe that it might have something to do with the debuffs of the warlock abilities.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    My All Consuming Curse is only rank 3 and normally it procs a green curse (the lesser curse)

aaue68.png

As you can see, there is a green curse (from an earlier crit) and a bluey-purpley curse (reminiscent of Warlocks Bargain) although I dont have WB put on.
    Same icon of curse appears if you use HG on the target but you don't have one which is interesting. I bet it could be infernal wrath feat from Fury but I see hope stealer buff on the 2nd screen, are you temptation?

Messed around a lil bit. Don't know what that WB-like curse might be, not helltouched/infernal wrath feats for sure. As for the red curse, it could be NPNM offhand feature or new icon for hellish rebuke (which I doubt though). Reply once you're back, I am curious too :D
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Same icon of curse appears if you use HG on the target but you don't have one which is interesting. I bet it could be infernal wrath feat from Fury but I see hope stealer buff on the 2nd screen, are you temptation?

Messed around a lil bit. Don't know what that WB-like curse might be, not helltouched/infernal wrath feats for sure. As for the red curse, it could be NPNM offhand feature or new icon for hellish rebuke (which I doubt though). Reply once you're back, I am curious too :D

Yes I did take Hope Stealer (thought the life steal would help) and I primarily took the fury tree, looking at it now you might be right. However, the curses only appeared when i was attacking. I didn't really pay attention if I did crit (so I could have procced lesser curse) but it did apply when I used my at wills.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Yes I did take Hope Stealer (thought the life steal would help) and I primarily took the fury tree, looking at it now you might be right. However, the curses only appeared when i was attacking. I didn't really pay attention if I did crit (so I could have procced lesser curse) but it did apply when I used my at wills.
    AFAIK, NPNM gives you CA once you crit-hit, on any crit, then 5% extra DR reduction kicks in. Do you have artifact weapon offhand? Check what feature does it have.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    AFAIK, NPNM gives you CA once you crit-hit, on any crit, then 5% extra DR reduction kicks in. Do you have artifact weapon offhand? Check what feature does it have.

My off-hand is the Mulhorand Grimoire and it dosen't have any other special properties. What I find curious is that it only seems to proc (or atleast I can see it proc) when there are no other curses one (such as the green lesser curse). I'll be doing more testing shortly.
  • Options
    miketheapostatemiketheapostate Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I've seen the same one a few times, it's only been after the last update. It's also when I'm attacking I think.
  • Options
    miketheapostatemiketheapostate Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    My feat setup sounds like arcainninja's, but I'm Soulbinder. So that probably rules out it being Hell's Rebuke or NPNM.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    My feat setup sounds like arcainninja's, but I'm Soulbinder. So that probably rules out it being Hell's Rebuke or NPNM.

I also forgot to mention that I had these when I was also soulbinder (I regret switching to hellsquisher) and it seemed to proc very rarely, far less than when I barely used Hand of Blight.
  • Options
    kacezetkacezet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Recently I hit 70lvl on my SW (SB, Fury) and while I was lvling, I came across 5 diferrent curses (7 if we include tab and TT)

0Z6pqHV.jpg
    Warlock's Bargain, Green curse and Light Green curse

Mz1VT9y.jpg
    Green and Light Green curse

IaDvcXH.jpg
    Warlock's Bargain (purplish) and Blue curse

iCXgygy.jpg
    Red curse

I was able to reproduce all the curses on dummies, so we can certainly tell that they're not appearing after receiving dmg, but rather after dealing dmg.

Green seems to be a normal lesser curse.
    Light Green appeared after few hits with Essence Defiler and after Dreadtheft (I think it can be All Consuming Curse).
    Both Red and Blue curse showed after I attacked with Hand of Blight in melee range (I have no idea what causes them).
  • Options
    zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    What about the new Feat Helltouched. What does that icon look like?
    Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
    Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

• Options
    pricetagcloudpricetagcloud Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    darn, i was hoping the red curse would be the icon for helltouched. that took that theory out the window. Some explanation on the new curse icons would be lovely!

(and explanation of the Tempt capstone would be swell too.)
    SW: Callisto Shedevil. Soul Binder Temptation 16.1k GS
    GUILD: ~Myrmidons~

Would Love to party up with people for pretty much anything!
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Alright, just figured what that is.

Bright green curse - All-consuming curse.
    Dark Green curse - regular from spheres and vengeful curse feat.
    Blue WB-like curse - lesser curse + 4 stacks of ranged hand of blight debuff.
    Red curse - lesser curse + 4 stacks of melee hand of blight debuff.

Go check it :D

UPD actually, it gives random color for different opponents *shruggs*