test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ai needs turned down for dailies!!

sharky445sharky445 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 70 Arc User
edited April 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Hi
I became level 70 2.5 days into this mod 6 and went to Icewind pass to do my daily pvp with 3 pieces of new gear the pvp and new weapons and level 8 enchants and cant kill one ai by myself. Is this a joke??? Cryptic its a daily turn it down .I can see harder dungeons. Daily's though is like wth!~! get real make it a playable game. Not happy, been with cryptic for 5 years started with star trek came here because the community is better and forums admin was not a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Please lower the AI strength for dailies. ALSO..how do ppl unlike me get Triumph coins???? It is like making apple pie with no apple in it. I have many members wishing to get it and cant. No less do there dailies. I forsee a mass exodus from this game unless changes are made ASAP.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    fluffyllfluffyll Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I also am having problems doing my dailies even with a party of 4 we went to do CP in the Well got to to boss ok but we all died 4 time or more trying to kill him. The game in now very hard for the most part and not much fun.
  • Options
    kahfakahfa Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You are wrong. Levelling quests and Campaign dailies (apart from HEs) are intended to be done solo with a companion. Suggesting that these should be group activities is just plain stupid.

oh yeah, i forgot it says that during loading, meh, still though, i dont think you should be able to solo the PvE dailies from mod5 gear/eternal gear/ mod6 PvP gear, but that's just my opinion. btw, you should also think of the player's skill, If he just jumps into the mobs and hits them without using a decent strategy (like staying out of the red zones, dodging and using skills defensively not only offensively) i would prefer the mob winning over the player.
    Misfits
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    kahfa wrote: »
    oh yeah, i forgot it says that during loading, meh, still though, i dont think you should be able to solo the PvE dailies from mod5 gear/eternal gear/ mod6 PvP gear, but that's just my opinion. btw, you should also think of the player's skill, If he just jumps into the mobs and hits them without using a decent strategy (like staying out of the red zones, dodging and using skills defensively not only offensively) i would prefer the mob winning over the player.
    The problem is that there is no new gear available without doing that content. The drops while levelling are vendor trash.

I agree with the last point, but there are plenty of experienced players having problems.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I've pruned this thread quite extensively. Please observe the Rules of Conduct when posting.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    kahfakahfa Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    fluffyll wrote: »
    I also am having problems doing my dailies even with a party of 4 we went to do CP in the Well got to to boss ok but we all died 4 time or more trying to kill him. The game in now very hard for the most part and not much fun.

can i ask what your team composition was that time?
    Misfits
  • Options
    sharky445sharky445 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited April 2015

I had all the new MOD 6 gear and weapons and still it didnt matter, die die die die die die die die, and dailies should be solo capable. Dungeons are different They NEED TO DIAL DOWN THE AI IN DAILY AREAS AND DAILY QUEST LOCATIONS, I cannot imagine what it is like to make a new char and have very few boons and try to get to level 70 and once there not to be able to dailies solo.I agree to disagree with you, as does a large majority of Neverwinter players, You agree to disagree with me and about 8 out of ten players,that's fine but in the end if they dont dial it down It will hurt all.. End of story.
  • Options
    hawkeyelhawkeyel Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    sharky445 wrote: »
    Hi
    I became level 70 2.5 days into this mod 6 and went to Icewind pass to do my daily pvp with 3 pieces of new gear the pvp and new weapons and level 8 enchants and cant kill one ai by myself. Is this a joke??? Cryptic its a daily turn it down .I can see harder dungeons. Daily's though is like wth!~! get real make it a playable game. Not happy, been with cryptic for 5 years started with star trek came here because the community is better and forums admin was not a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Please lower the AI strength for dailies. ALSO..how do ppl unlike me get Triumph coins???? It is like making apple pie with no apple in it. I have many members wishing to get it and cant. No less do there dailies. I forsee a mass exodus from this game unless changes are made ASAP.
    Support what he said 100% because I'm in the very same boat
  • Options
    lastwolf25lastwolf25 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Hit lvl 70 I'm getting one shot killed by whiterers in sharadar in maps that I could solo with 1 epic gear, and that was the cloak we all get for free when hitting lvl 60 which I did 4 days before mod6 release, was fully geared in blues I got from the 3-men dungeons and haven't found a way to survive in Sharandar once the stamina runs out without getting a team, and 99% of the time I request for team to do daily missions there or in any map excepting the laggy ones like spinward rise just receive requests on gear lvl and when say I have little less than 1600, usually receive the GTOFN treatment
  • Options
    kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
    edited April 2015
    They completely overtuned the damage with M6.

The players with awesome gear are angry, cause it takes forever to find a party. Trying to auto group content usually backfires horribly since M6 and you can only rely on other perfectly geared players to do stuff with.

And the casual players are angry, cause they cannot do anything at all, unless they get carried the whole way.

And the tanks are angry cause they are getting one-shotted by stuff....like all other classes....
  • Options
    wlinazwlinaz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ai Needs Turned Down For Dailies!! +1

Parties for dailies don't work. If you have crappy gear because you haven't been able to farm RP you get dropped. If you don't
    get dropped you get to share the limited decent RP drops which awakens the Need/Greed monster.

So..

Those of you needing a challenge can always strip down to your skivvies, grab a poking stick and go visit Valindra.

Farming dailies needs to be solo. FOR ALL LEVELS OF PLAYERS. This can also be done in your skivvies with a poking stick if you wish.
  • Options
    manzillaprimemanzillaprime Member Posts: 49
    edited April 2015
    This post was about solo content - dailies in particular, not epic dungeons. And I agree that they are doable now with just the basic blue gear (WOD eternal set, or the quest rewards from new zones), and reasonable skill. I gather that the complainers are those who just rush back into IWD with their old builds and strategies and try to faceroll the place. Try adapting, using new skills, learning new play styles, etc. Is it easy? no, but it IS doable.
  • Options
    walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    basic daily stuff in IWD/WoD is doable yes. though IWD requires you to complete a HE. some dailys in WoD also require you to do HE. still the minor HE are doable with 2-3 people, as intended. but major HE in these zones are far too hard. not impossible, just takes too long even with 15-20 people. heralds in WoD in particular, not worth the effort.
  • Options
    healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I know many people don't want to do pvp but as it stands now the easiest and perhaps almost the only way to get up to pace doing solo stuff is by getting the level 70 pvp set (assuming you have saved enough seals of triumph before they were "bugged" or they get fixed soon), othewise, you are going to have to rely on getting a team. It is even harder to organize a proper team now since you can't inspect players from chat.