test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Xbox Maintenance - April 21 at 7 am PDT

yetweallfalldownyetweallfalldown Member Posts: 134 Arc User
UPDATE: 9:07 am PDT: Neverwinter Xbox servers are back online. Welcome back to Neverwinter.

UPDATE 7:03 am PDT: Maintenance has now begun.

Our team will be performing routine maintenance for Neverwinter on Xbox One. Planned maintenance is scheduled to start at 7:00 am PDT and will run for approximately an hour and a half. This maintenance will be focused on ensuring our systems are running correctly and will not be adding additional features/fixes.

We will update this thread when maintenance has begun and when it has completed. Follow us on Twitter for additional real-time updates.

During the maintenance for Neverwinter on Xbox One, Neverwinter on PC will still be accessible.
Communications Manager - Perfect World Entertainment
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• blinkillerblinkiller Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Please someone tell me what i need to do with Crypting Launcher Autoupdate ? It trys to connect 23 times and nothing ... i'm disperated :(
  • googootsgoogoots Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yeay, another week of horrible frame rate and random freezing for 5-10 seconds. :/
  • mrmikeehmrmikeeh Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ........ no fixes, great /s
  • maltokamaltoka Member Posts: 40
    edited April 2015
    So, yetweallfalldown, is this just a server bounce or is it a patch?
  • lunaticslave777lunaticslave777 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    What a joke...are you people serious?! I barely played at all in hopes you people on the following "mantainance" added some fixes in the horrible frame rate problems ... and you blatantly confirm theres not going to be anything special on this one!? This is incredible...
  • judinightjudinight Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Our team will be performing routine maintenance for Neverwinter on Xbox One. Planned maintenance is scheduled to start at 7:00 am PDT and will run for approximately an hour and a half. This maintenance will be focused on ensuring our systems are running correctly and will not be adding additional features/fixes.

We will update this thread when maintenance has begun and when it has completed. Follow us on Twitter for additional real-time updates.

During the maintenance for Neverwinter on Xbox One, Neverwinter on PC will still be accessible.

I was wondering if maybe you could change the time of maintenance. All of the mmo's I have played usually schedule it during the middle of the night like 2am (Pacific Time). This way the amount of people wanting to play is lower. Your maintenance is at the time I wake up and am ready to play.

Just another thought. .
  • ogomeckogomeck Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yes why dont they change it just for you!!!
  • banqrupbanqrup Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Welcome PW to the needy mindsets of most Xbox gamers... Considering the game is still very early into its Xbox port, I think you all are doing one hell of a job. I've played Xbox exclusives that have significantly less content going on at one time and Neverwinter is running far better than those. So just keep in mind PW that not all of us Xbox gamers are so demanding, disgruntled, and plainly idiotic.
  • thecameljokeythecameljokey Member Posts: 39
    edited April 2015
    judinight wrote: »
    I was wondering if maybe you could change the time of maintenance. All of the mmo's I have played usually schedule it during the middle of the night like 2am (Pacific Time). This way the amount of people wanting to play is lower. Your maintenance is at the time I wake up and am ready to play.

Just another thought. .

It all depends on where you live... take WoW for example, they have different servers for different regions and can therefore set the maintenance at different times.
    In NW there is only one major server and several virtual servers (correct me if I'm wrong), all regions are able to play at the same virtual server in other words, therefore they put the maintanence at that time (guessing that's when they start to work).
  • valkyria9001valkyria9001 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Truth be told, there's never really a time there's going to be "less" players. Maybe just less from your region but as long as there are timezones there will always be people online. That sort of problem you may want to take to the government or something and ask them to hold a world meeting and get every place to change their times so every region has the same time. Otherwise your statement is invalid.
  • valkyria9001valkyria9001 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Otherwise the people complaining about the servers and the lag. This company hosts multiple MMO's. This game is still barely 2 weeks old and honestly I would say good job; yeah the lagging and freezing gets annoying but I have played a whole lot worse. I'm presuming this was just a test to see how it ran with the console, you wouldnt want to rush out a game up to speed just to find out only a few people played it, it takes time and to show we're heading in the right direction they bumped the server space up a considerable amount more. Instead of focusing on the servers why not focus on the other broken aspects on the game. For example the kick system within dungeons or the fact there are only certain instances you can get into depending on if you're in a group or just by yourself.
  • shatodshatod Member Posts: 56
    edited April 2015
    Maybe a flash warning across the screen would be nice...this oops drop **** while in middle of battle is complete garbage.
  • shepardtheweakshepardtheweak Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    they gave a 30 min warning then a 15 min warning then a 5 min warning that flashed in big yellow-ish letters
  • unepitaphedunepitaphed Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    banqrup wrote: »
    Welcome PW to the needy mindsets of most Xbox gamers... Considering the game is still very early into its Xbox port, I think you all are doing one hell of a job. I've played Xbox exclusives that have significantly less content going on at one time and Neverwinter is running far better than those. So just keep in mind PW that not all of us Xbox gamers are so demanding, disgruntled, and plainly idiotic.

By "Xbox Gamers" I assume you mean "Gamers" ...because lets be honest, most of us are disgruntled, ultra demanding, and self entitled lol
  • xdeathspawnxxdeathspawnx Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I know i've seen it posted many times before but again, if you are experiencing lockups and unreasonable lag, tap the xbox guide button to return to the xbox dashboard. Then, hit the start button over the current active application, in this case, Neverwinter. Scroll down near the bottom of the list to quit. This force quits Neverwinter. Reopen and viola! Lag is usually completely gone. You will not lose your current dungeon progress and may resume as normal.

Also, dungeons will lockup on various occasions not allowing players to find them in the queue, especially when kicking looking for tank/DC. Some players like to wipe on boss, change host and have previous host relog, but what always works is when the whole team restarts the application. Hope this helps at least one person enjoy this awesome game a little more!
  • mizdovemizdove Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    UGH. Well, server maintenance is a necessary evil, isn't it? I would have liked to see something on the screen other than just "server unavailable", like why and for how long - but it is what it is. I'm sure I have something that needs doing around here to use the time wisely. XD
  • katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Why is it that this dev's posts aren't showing up in the dev tracker?
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • rhoeckrhoeck Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    banqrup wrote: »

Agree. I think you guys are doing a great job. Yes there are some issues but nothing anyone else has not experienced on a paid for game. Thank you for the great FREE game, keep up the good work!
  • cleav420cleav420 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hopefully next week we will see some changes regarding Lag for 5-15 seconds and also switch time for maintenance as u know NW is a great game but more attention is clearly needed as u will lose your followers week by week like Destiny is doing to there players witch is why we are all on Neverwinter so if u want to keep your xbox 1 fan base changes need to be make each week. not trying to start anything on this thread just posting my thoughts.Destiny here i come till NW is back up lol.
  • mizdovemizdove Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Wonder how much longer it will be? Will they post when it's back up?
  • latinlegendlatinlegend Member Posts: 43
    edited April 2015
    Maintenance notes:

* Fixed Nothing
    * Added a new Dye & two new companions for you to spend real money on.

Enjoy! :P
  • lunaticslave777lunaticslave777 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i don't know what you guys did on the maintenance but game got worse...was on the Ebon Downs dragon fight and the game froze during the fight 5 times for over 10+ seconds...as you could guess got killed every time...even crashed once, and had to restart the game...
  • cleav420cleav420 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ya lag seems to be worse at this point but im sure they will sort it out once aware of the situation hopefully but only time will tell i think the server cant hold the amount of people that are attracted to this game on the Xbox 1 console but once they sort that out lag should be gone but at the end of the day this game was intended for PC users originally but did well so now moved on to other platforms and we all know PC is the mother platform for gaming Xbox 1 & PS4 are still fairly far behind when it comes to gaming as u can do so much more on a PC but other platforms get closer each year.
  • danny3421danny3421 Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    If you are getting. Lag please talk to the support team about this. And they will help you sort it out thank you very much :)
This discussion has been closed.