test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Paragon Points Missing!

yakoov5yakoov5 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Bug Reports (PC)
I am missing 10 Paragon Points!
I logged in today for the first time since before the level-cap increase. Before then, my character was a Level 60 Hunter Ranger - Stormwarden; I had trained half of the possible feats under the "Archery Paragon", and had the Predator feat. I also had 15 points spent under the "Trapper Paragon". Now, upon logging in, I have found that I no longer have my Predator feat, in addition to the three preceeding feats I had trained to get the Predator feat (I am also missing 5 points from one of the other two Paragons; I can't remember which feat they were in). I also now have 11 "unspent" Paragon Points in my pool. Before this, I know I had spent a total of 20 Herioc points, and 41 Paragon points, so now I am missing 10 Paragon points! I can't retrain my feats up to the Predator feat, because I don't have enough to get to that point!!!
I am going to request GM help from you guys, because my character is no longer playable on high-level content without those missing points; expect a number of e-mails from me shortly on this one, because I WANT THOSE POINTS BACK!
(I have already submitted an in-game GM-Help request and filled an in-game bug-report).
Post edited by yakoov5 on

Comments

• strokanstrokan Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I got the same problem, and everyone I talked to had the same thing happen. Which is total <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. I play a lvl 60 warlock. Had my feat tree done in Damnation. It was nice having my permanent Soul puppet. I get on today and my feat points are messed up and realize I'm missing feat points. And I'm not happy at all because I've played the game since it started and have spent probably 100+ on zen to buy **** from the shop. It is like the game developers decided to be some lazy pieces of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and instead of adding more skill points so maybe we can have 1 extra feat. They take points from us so we have to redo the same **** feats we already had and obtain really no increase in power. So instead of adding new feat stuff up to lvl 70 they took it some away and are making us redo the **** as our feat points for the next 10 lvls. I have already emailed them and no answer. And I'm pretty much in the mood to just say **** it and quit playing. Because I'm not going to gain 10 new lvls to obtain feats I already had since they didn't add new feats. The only thing I see that they did with the feats is the replace some and robbed us of feat points.
    edited April 2015
    By what I see, if I respec I would be able to get the skills I had in damnation and you probably can get the feats in the tree you need. But then that would mean all paragon points are in damnation. I would not have any in temptation like I do now. Which is only 7 points so it would hurt much but take some from my life steal. I could live with that but it costs 79,000 AD just to respec. So its is really nice the developers screw us on our feat points and expect us to pay to respec since they didn't give a free one. They just gave you 11 points to redo and expect you to lvl to get the rest.
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm sorry, but you guys are just wrong and confused.

When you reached 60, you had a total of 31 paragon points to spend, and you needed at least 21 points to reach the capstone feat of a given tree. So if you wanted to reach a capstone feat, you could put up to 10 points in another tree, and 21 in your main tree. You were never able to reach the Archery capstone and have 15 points in Trapper, you just mis-remember.

When Mod 6 hit, the devs added a new column to the feat trees, and lazily only removed feat points from the later columns, leaving whatever you had chosen in the first two columns. In the OP's case, that means 10 points in Trapper and 10 points in Archery, but the added column means you need 26 points in your main tree -- so you come up 5 points short of the capstone at level 60, if you have 10 points in another tree.

You have two choices as to how to deal with this: just put up with it and slowly add points back to Archery and reach the capstone at level 65, OR use the free respec to actually wipe out all the feat points chosen. That will let you reach the Archery capstone at 60, with a max of 5 points to put in Trapper.

In either case, by lvl 70 you can have 15 points in Trapper and 26 in Archery.

You do have a free respec, you just have to actually use it. Access it from the Powers page at the bottom.
    edited April 2015
    Darkcrash, you are wrong about the number of paragon feat points and I know for a fact because the last time I played before the mod came out I also had 41 points. Because I first started out putting my points in temptation which is why I only have 7 points. I was very worried that I wasn't going to max damnation out. When I added it all up I was able to fill damnation and I think I still had several points afterwards to use on other feats to try and max all the feats in damnation out. I even have a couple friends who just started playing before the mod got 60 in a week. and told me they lost skill points. So not sure how you say we only got 31.
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Dude, you only had 31 points at level 60.

You play a warlock, so here's a couple links to Mod 5 builds:

Lazalia's Full DPS - hmm, 31 paragon feat points

Rakshava's Temptation build: Wow, 31 paragon feat points again!

And notice that these old Mod 5 builds had 4 columns of feats before the capstone, and now there are 5 columns in Mod 6. That means it takes 5 more points to reach the capstone now.
  • praxismirrorspraxismirrors Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    strokan wrote: »
    Darkcrash, you are wrong about the number of paragon feat points and I know for a fact because the last time I played before the mod came out I also had 41 points. Because I first started out putting my points in temptation which is why I only have 7 points. I was very worried that I wasn't going to max damnation out. When I added it all up I was able to fill damnation and I think I still had several points afterwards to use on other feats to try and max all the feats in damnation out. I even have a couple friends who just started playing before the mod got 60 in a week. and told me they lost skill points. So not sure how you say we only got 31.

hate to tell you this but he's right, you only get 20 heroic feat points (23 if human) and 31 paragon feat points at level 60 and you have NEVER gotten more than that at level 60.

Still don't believe us? Go to http://nwcalc.com/ it hasn't been updated for mod 6 yet and guess what? you can only spend 20 heroic feat points (23 if human) and 31 paragon feat points.
  • sirlussirlus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    yakoov5 wrote: »
    I am missing 10 Paragon Points!
    I logged in today for the first time since before the level-cap increase. Before then, my character was a Level 60 Hunter Ranger - Stormwarden; I had trained half of the possible feats under the "Archery Paragon", and had the Predator feat. I also had 15 points spent under the "Trapper Paragon". Now, upon logging in, I have found that I no longer have my Predator feat, in addition to the three preceeding feats I had trained to get the Predator feat (I am also missing 5 points from one of the other two Paragons; I can't remember which feat they were in). I also now have 11 "unspent" Paragon Points in my pool. Before this, I know I had spent a total of 20 Herioc points, and 41 Paragon points, so now I am missing 10 Paragon points! I can't retrain my feats up to the Predator feat, because I don't have enough to get to that point!!!
    I am going to request GM help from you guys, because my character is no longer playable on high-level content without those missing points; expect a number of e-mails from me shortly on this one, because I WANT THOSE POINTS BACK!
    (I have already submitted an in-game GM-Help request and filled an in-game bug-report).

Same problem too! only 1 of my characters has the right amount of points .
  • praxismirrorspraxismirrors Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ok since people keep posting here about "missing" feat points lets cover a few things. Here is the neverwinter wiki page about feat points, on said page it is spelled out how many feat points are gained upon leveling.

For Heroic feat points:
    Characters receive a total of 20 Heroic Feat points, one point per level from levels 10 to 29.
    Human characters gain an additional Heroic Feat point at levels 10, 15 and 20 from their Racial Trait Heroic Effort.
    So 20 HEROIC feat points or 23 if you roll a human character.

Now for the portion that seems to be giving people issues: Paragon feat points.
    Same as with Heroic feat points these are gained at a rate of one point per level, so from levels 30 to 60 you will gain 31 PARAGON feat points. As of module 6 the level cap is now 70 so there are an additional 10 paragon feat points that can be earned for a grand total of 41 PARAGON feat points.

If you have less than the number of paragon feat points you are supposed to have at each respective level based off the information that I and the wiki have provided please post a screenshot of your feats page on the character where the points are missing so we can actually see that they are missing instead of thinking that you are simply misinformed.