test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

In game chat

wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Player Feedback (Xbox One)
Can we please have an option to remove all in game chat except from Guild Members. It is really difficult lately to spot a message from guild members through all the spam and abuse going around.

Every zone I go into all I can see is people spamming the same message over and over and over again, especially abuse messages.

It is pretty disgusting how the game seems to be populated by people who think it is ok to abuse women and dead people... The messages I have seen in every zone, nearly all day, the last few days is pretty vile and evil. I am actually glad I am not a woman playing this game as they seem to get the worst of it.

Also everyone knows exactly how to get round the censorship so swearing is pretty easy by these people. That is not the problem though I don't mind swearing, but the constant abuse is just wrong, I`d rather not see people abusing others so please add a way to filter the chat.
Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
Alts :
Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
Post edited by wdj40 on

Comments

• Options
    thezer0fluxthezer0flux Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Wow. I'm glad I haven't seen anything like that in chat. I see repeated messages, but it's usually something like: drag #16 2 mins. Is there way to report abusive people to either Cryptic/PW or Microsoft? That kind of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> is uncalled for.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I have been reporting a lot of people lately to xbox but I doubt anything will come of it. Only the really vile people though and I`ve seen 2 cases over the last couple of days where the female playing the game literally said that she will go and play something else due to the abuse.

I don't mind the Dragon spam messages for obvious reasons :)
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    gawmonstergawmonster Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I can't go five minutes navigating menus (Professions, feeding runes, etc) without backing out and finding somebody trying to mate their horse with my howler :\ Annoying as #$@&amp;. Haven't seen the abuse in chat, but the mentality is definitely there. Personally, I report each one with "Unsportsmanlike behaviour" with a description. Not sure how much that helps, but if we police them enough, it definitely will.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    If there's a mod watching this thread, how/where can we report people who abuse in game chat, have offensive character names, etc?
  • Options
    maltokamaltoka Member Posts: 40
    edited April 2015
    wait what? Chat is working on XB1?? Luckily I have seen zero chat, especially none like that. I thought the XB1 was supposed to have a more integrated social ranking system in it. Curious how that would come into effect here where there aren't "lobbies" per say.

I imagine the best way to call attention to this kind of behavior is to snap it, and tag MS and PW on twitter, and the most recent anti-jerk hashtag movement. I know its bad form to name and shame on forums, but I think things like this should be an exception. Just my .02 zen.
  • Options
    zaknafyenzaknafyen Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    While we're at it, fix the in-game voice chat as well. This would make running PuGs a bit more efficient, rather than having to throw them an XBL party chat invite.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Voice chat works fine for me in dungeons and skirmishes. What I've noticed is that most people either don't have mics connected or they're already in another party and can't hear the game chat.

It doesn't automatically work in common areas, which is probably for the best, but it seems to work pretty reliably in groups -- even pickup groups.
  • Options
    zaknafyenzaknafyen Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Voice chat works fine for me in dungeons and skirmishes. What I've noticed is that most people either don't have mics connected or they're already in another party and can't hear the game chat.

It doesn't automatically work in common areas, which is probably for the best, but it seems to work pretty reliably in groups -- even pickup groups.

It appears to be bugged because it definitely doesn't work on my end and a friends end. I have zero restrictions on my system as with his. We even tried starting an XBL Party and switching the chat channel from Party to Game. Nothing. Outside of an XBL Party, my friend and I can start a group together and pick up three others. We've never been able to hear each other and neither could anyone else. Later, we queued for a Daily Dungeon. We could only hear one person talk, but no one else and this person was clearly talking to someone else in the group we got linked with, yet my friend and I couldn't hear each other.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Ok this is a series issue and I would like the devs to look into this and allow us to block chat out. Right now there are a group of players at Blackdagger Ruins (the coastal area) saying vile things to younger people. They are posting things like offering to buy children and about erections etc to the younger players.

This needs to be changed as things like this should not be allowed to go on.
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It was an ABYSMAL oversight to not have a block/report option. sure we can invite them to a party and even a guild through the chatbox but block or report? nope. someone in the UI dept. should have their pay cut.
    21.jpg