test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PvP balance...

xnerdbearxnerdbear Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited April 2015 in PvP Discussion
Dear Neverwinter Team..

The balance of the teams in pvp is horrible..
I always get teams with low eq and the other team (enemy) is full of powerful equiped gamer..

Im always losing in PvP and i won 3Times...
My Win/Lose is 3/40?

Please get a balance system..
Post edited by xnerdbear on

Comments

• Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    xnerdbear wrote: »
    Dear Neverwinter Team..

The balance of the teams in pvp is horrible..
    I always get teams with low eq and the other team (enemy) is full of powerful equiped gamer..

Im always losing in PvP and i won 3Times...
    My Win/Lose is 3/40?

Please get a balance system..

You should never pvp until your gear is high enough to pvp. I would not rave with a twingo in f1
  • Options
    lobo0084lobo0084 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 663 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    Agreed. Some type of matchmaking mechanic that rates gear, win/loss record and team composition would be awesome.

It *might* even actually increase PvP involvement. Matchmaking is meant to make you feel like you're winning half the time, losing half the time. That's when it's doing it's job. When the fights are fairly equal and close in score. And when players feel it's more fair (i.e. when they don't get in matches against three TR's or with nothing but GF's on their team), they're more likely to play again.
    "Every adventurer has two things in common: they don't like dying, and they love getting paid. The rest is just semantics." Brecken, famed mercenary of Baldur's Gate

"D*mn wizards," said Morik the Rogue.

Learn what a GWF and GF really are: The History of Fighters
  • Options
    lordsarveriouslordsarverious Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Rogues are a major problem in pvp. get a team with two or more of them, and bam! Your team lost. I have a rogue that I made on the day 1 launch, and regret it stepping foot on Neverwinter. I get people thinking I joined the PvP band wagon. I always play a wizard so I branched out. But I cannot play in PvP with other Rogues. They gank me faster than I can say the word. Maybe cut down on their stealth or maybe power in the PvP setting, so that the other classes can hit them more than once or twice? I know they've been working on it, but haven't fixed it yet. I'll also see some hater reply on "this is what you should be doing to stop them" also. I just put my two copper in on what I feel is the unbalance of the system to date on here.
    Co-Founder of AoF Neverwinter Branch (TR 60, CW 60 SS)
    Find me on XBL to get an interview to join the guild.
    5.jpg
  • Options
    ludicrousnameludicrousname Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    rayrdan wrote: »
    You should never pvp until your gear is high enough to pvp. I would not rave with a twingo in f1

Seriously?

You should PvP as soon as you can get in there. You will pick up random +tenacity pieces as you die repeatedly to TR's. Which means you will die just that little bit slower, and in PvP every picosecond you stay alive is a good thing.

On a serious note and in reply to the OP some sort of "PvP balance..." would indeed be nice. In the few games where there is a decently balanced pair of teams, the PvP is actually quite enjoyable. Most of the time you are stomping or being stomped which is a bit disheartening.

I think gear score/tenacity should be the main factors in the matchmaking. All other stats are a bit meaningless.

edit: although initially K/D would be nice so all the TR's could go and play with themselves while the rest of us had some fun.
  • Options
    geltabgeltab Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    Rogues are a major problem in pvp. get a team with two or more of them, and bam! Your team lost. I have a rogue that I made on the day 1 launch, and regret it stepping foot on Neverwinter. I get people thinking I joined the PvP band wagon. I always play a wizard so I branched out. But I cannot play in PvP with other Rogues. They gank me faster than I can say the word. Maybe cut down on their stealth or maybe power in the PvP setting, so that the other classes can hit them more than once or twice? I know they've been working on it, but haven't fixed it yet. I'll also see some hater reply on "this is what you should be doing to stop them" also. I just put my two copper in on what I feel is the unbalance of the system to date on here.

I hate to say this, but get gud. Gear up for pvp and stack hp/def. Once you get yourself right, TR's don't hit nearly as hard. It's simple stuff. damage vs. resistance.
  • Options
    uloi1234uloi1234 Member Posts: 44
    edited April 2015
    I think gear score/tenacity should be the main factors in the matchmaking. All other stats are a bit meaningless.

Best idea I've read on these boards.
  • Options
    rokkrwolfrokkrwolf Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    If there was a like button it would be spammed with joy from most people who want to pvp.
  • Options
    akwxziakwxzi Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    geltab wrote: »
    I hate to say this, but get gud. Gear up for pvp and stack hp/def. Once you get yourself right, TR's don't hit nearly as hard. It's simple stuff. damage vs. resistance.

okay, you're so rogue.
  • Options
    geltabgeltab Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    akwxzi wrote: »
    okay, you're so rogue.

On Xbox I am a TR, but on PC I main HR with 23k GS. I have had my fair share of a$$ beatings by TR. On the opposite side of things I have taken out many of TR, too. You have to learn to fight them and get tanky.
  • Options
    munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Rogues are a major problem in pvp. I cannot play in PvP with other Rogues. They gank me faster than I can say the word.

So you want to throw a nerf bat on TR's because "you" get killed by them on your own TR?

Most ridiculous post I've seen in quite some time.

"I'm bad at my class and other people kill me. Ruin the class please so I can compete."

Gross@you
  • Options
    lobo0084lobo0084 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 663 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    munkey81 wrote: »
    So you want to throw a nerf bat on TR's because "you" get killed by them on your own TR?

"I'm bad at my class and other people kill me. Ruin the class please so I can compete."

Gross@you

Sounds to me like someone who plays a TR, recognizes how broken they are compared to his opponents, and admits they need fixed.

Most players are far too selfish to ever admit their own class is broken. They'll defend it against all takers. It's simply common practice.

When someone speaks against their own class, though ... those are posts I usually pay attention to.
    "Every adventurer has two things in common: they don't like dying, and they love getting paid. The rest is just semantics." Brecken, famed mercenary of Baldur's Gate

"D*mn wizards," said Morik the Rogue.

Learn what a GWF and GF really are: The History of Fighters
  • Options
    krad777krad777 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Lol it's funny how you can tell who plays a rogue without them ever mentioning it just by how they respond to someone saying rogues are op.
    "An Idle mind is the devils workshop"
  • Options
    edited April 2015

Gross@you

lol why do you get so offended when someone mentions a rogue being a bit op? Obviously it's true as they made changes in mod 6. So whether you like it or not, rogues will be getting "fixed" very soon.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    krad777 wrote: »
    lol why do you get so offended when someone mentions a rogue being a bit op? Obviously it's true as they made changes in mod 6. So whether you like it or not, rogues will be getting "fixed" very soon.

I'm not getting offended. Just laughing at his post. Maybe you didn't understand what he said.

Hi, I like playing my CW. But when I play against them in PvP, they totally trash me. So, because of that..please nerf them, so I can be on an even playing field please........... Get it now?

Shadow of Demise needs fixing obviously. After it's fixed. I'm still going to trash people in PvP. Shadow of Demise takes 6 seconds to proc. Most fights are over before it even goes off.

Good TR's are still going to dominate. I'm not sure what you believe is in Mod 6 for your miracle fix for TRs, but you have a rude awakening coming if you actually believe that good TR's are all of a sudden going to die easy and do poor damage.

Nubs and scrubs will always complain about something. TR now, next month it will be GWF when the population gets geared. Then it will be CW's, and GF.

Most people just want to cry, instead of doing some research on the game.

The PvP in this game is balanced. The skill lvl of the population is not.

2 TR's and 2 DC's? Boo hoo, change things up a bit. Or, deal with it, who cares. Do the best you can.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I'm not getting offended. Just laughing at his post. Maybe you didn't understand what he said.

Hi, I like playing my CW. But when I play against them in PvP, they totally trash me. So, because of that..please nerf them, so I can be on an even playing field please........... Get it now?

Shadow of Demise needs fixing obviously. After it's fixed. I'm still going to trash people in PvP. Shadow of Demise takes 6 seconds to proc. Most fights are over before it even goes off.

Good TR's are still going to dominate. I'm not sure what you believe is in Mod 6 for your miracle fix for TRs, but you have a rude awakening coming if you actually believe that good TR's are all of a sudden going to die easy and do poor damage.

Nubs and scrubs will always complain about something. TR now, next month it will be GWF when the population gets geared. Then it will be CW's, and GF.

2 TR's and 2 DC's? Boo hoo, change things up a bit. Or, deal with it, who cares. Do the best you can.

Lol yeah you're mad.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Lol yeah you're mad.

100% Crit chance + Combat Adv in Stealth
    50% further distance in combat dodge, 30% cost of dodge reduced from 50%
    Increased slow on Deft Strike to 80% up from 60%, increased duration to 5 seconds, up from 3, increased damage 15%
    LB now has 50% increased crit sev in Stealth
    Insane increase in First Strike

Mad? Lol no. I cant wait. I only wish mod 6 changes were implemented now.

They reduced the time spent in stealth and it was a good change. I never agreed(nor did I complain)about the 100% true perma stealth build. P-Bilethorn/P-Barkshield and Perma could take out entire teams and never come out of stealth. Course against good players it wasn't nearly as bad, just annoying really. Usually ended up in a stalemate on one single node vs good players in a premade.

What they did do is dramatically increase the burst. I've always played Executioner so I couldn't be happier.

They did a great job at balancing everything out in Mod 6 for end game.

New players who go into PvP with a jacked up build and <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> stats are going to get fisted even quicker now, and not just by TR's.
  • Options
    dalgleashdalgleash Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    In all the classes seem pretty balanced once you get better gear.

The only problem about this game is the chain CC, it's a game destroyer.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    dalgleash wrote: »
    In all the classes seem pretty balanced once you get better gear.

The only problem about this game is the chain CC, it's a game destroyer.

Ogmas token of free movement will help with that.

Building tanky also helps.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    So you think nothing is wrong with game mechanics if you can be chain stunned?

I've played 3 other mmo's on PC and never have I encountered something as bad as the current situation regarding CC.

You should not need an item to fix a game mechanic. It's quite clearly broken. Once you are hard cc'd (I don't personally count slows as a hard cc), once the CC ends you should not be able to be cc'd for a few seconds.

The fact that they put this into an artifact is just a way to monetise a bad game mechanic; rather than fix it.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    dalgleash wrote: »
    So you think nothing is wrong with game mechanics if you can be chain stunned?

I've played 3 other mmo's on PC and never have I encountered something as bad as the current situation regarding CC.

You should not need an item to fix a game mechanic. It's quite clearly broken. Once you are hard cc'd (I don't personally count slows as a hard cc), once the CC ends you should not be able to be cc'd for a few seconds.

The fact that they put this into an artifact is just a way to monetise a bad game mechanic; rather than fix it.

You've been playing the game all of what..2 weeks?

Give it a chance. Its not as game breaking as you think it is. Build a better toon is all I can say honestly, and its the truth.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    You've been playing the game all of what..2 weeks?

Give it a chance. Its not as game breaking as you think it is. Build a better toon is all I can say honestly, and its the truth.

I'm going to give it a chance, but why should we not complain about something that is clearly broken?

No argument presented (the artifact one is ridiculous) actually counters the fact CC mechanics are broken.
  • Options
    edited April 2015

I hope I'm not one of these "nubs" and "scrubs" you keep referring to in every post cause you can find me in game and I'll be happy to show you my build, gear and the numbers I put up on a consistent basis. I doubt the hundreds of people that believe rogues are at an advantage aren't all noobs as you keep portraying them to be. I mean it's clear you're biased but let's not lose touch with reality. Just cause I feel Rogues are flawed in pvp does not by any means mean I don't do well in pvp. Matter of a fact, it's very rare that I don't come in first or second place. I just know imbalance when I see it, just like majority of the player base.

So please relax, no one is discrediting your achievements just cause you're TR. I guarantee there's tons of people that say CW's are op, especially after playing against me. And I honestly could care less what nerfs they make to my class, I'm the type of player that will actually do my homework and research my build. It's just pretty clear that, as it stands, it takes less effort to do well in pvp as a TR than other classes. I've already tested and confirmed that.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I'm one of these "nubs" and "scrubs" you keep referring to I guarantee there's tons of people that say CW's are op, especially after playing against me.

What I've done is tried to educate people on the varying factors that have to do with building a proper PvP character. I've showed math explaining defensive stats and explained of the importance to build tanky if you want to survive in PvP. I'm not biased because I've played all the class's and never came to the conclusion that any one class is OP. As have thousands of others. A large majority of players believe TR's are OP and broken.....---on the forums---, which leads me to believe they are in fact new, and just do not fully understand the mechanics of a TR in NW, because they are unlike any other rogue class in any MMO. Which leads them to frustration when they encounter a TR in PvP and feel "cheated" by what they think is buggy mechanics.

What you have done is tell me how good "you" are. That "you" in all your glory do not have problems with TR's. This is a forum, a community. You have brought fourth zero tangible knowledge what so ever towards the subject, proving or disproving either side.....just the common forum diarrhea that stinks up gaming communities. I'm not sure what your goal is even in this thread.

We obviously have a very difference of opinion on the matter and that is perfectly normal. At least offer something tangible people can learn from and possibly become a better player.

Instead of repeating the same old <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, why not toss your knowledge around to the community? You say you do well against TR's...why not post your build, give some points and tips to other players?
  • Options
    twitchx85twitchx85 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yeah i mean if your paying attention, every class can move, run, glide, dodge, blink, shield up when the rogues lashing blade is about to hit. You see them stealth, or you can see them for a split second before the attack goes off, thats when you hit your class movement ability etc. same with a rogues dash behind someone you can move away before it hits ya, same with there daze.

If your a wizard, put em in the sky like drath vader and blow em up.

if your a Guardian fighter, block there lashing blade and daze then hit frontline surge, prone em, lunging strike, then bull charge, threatening rush, and dead.

Another Rogue, dodge roll is your friend

Hunter Ranger can dodge and then root

These are a few examples, are they gonna work everytime, no your rogue opponent can dodge too. Its all about timing, positioning, patience and learning.

Yes they hit hard... but they die quick, just like control wizards and spell storm specs they can kill me outright in 5 seconds with one rotation as a 35K hit point GF. does that happen when i time my block right, no. do they die shortly there after, yes if i timed my assault correctly lol.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    twitchx85 wrote: »
    Yeah i mean if your paying attention, every class can move, run, glide, dodge, blink, shield up when the rogues lashing blade is about to hit. You see them stealth, or you can see them for a split second before the attack goes off, thats when you hit your class movement ability etc. same with a rogues dash behind someone you can move away before it hits ya, same with there daze.

If your a wizard, put em in the sky like drath vader and blow em up.

if your a Guardian fighter, block there lashing blade and daze then hit frontline surge, prone em, lunging strike, then bull charge, threatening rush, and dead.

Another Rogue, dodge roll is your friend

Hunter Ranger can dodge and then root

These are a few examples, are they gonna work everytime, no your rogue opponent can dodge too. Its all about timing, positioning, patience and learning.

Yes they hit hard... but they die quick, just like control wizards and spell storm specs they can kill me outright in 5 seconds with one rotation as a 35K hit point GF. does that happen when i time my block right, no. do they die shortly there after, yes if i timed my assault correctly lol.

Couldn't agree more. Every class in this game can absolutely fist every other class. All depends on the player and the gear.

I've met some excellent PvP'rs so far in Xbox I'm happy to say.

Have a terrible memory so I cant remember the names, but I've met 3 DC's that were pretty much unkillable, you know..that gross stalemate at 2, when you realize no one is dieing and the enemy owns 2 nodes. Absolute champion DC's. And a Trapper HR that did just disgusting damage and dodged everything like a stud. Was even dodging Shadow of Demise...often. That's a dude that's paying attention. Love that kinda PvP. I'd rather lose 999-1000 then smash someone 1000-0. Dudes like that bring up my game big time and I love them for it =)
  • Options
    e11ze11z Member Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015

*Snip*

The PvP in this game is balanced.

529a64e71605fb6361000428.jpg
    The Best PVP Guild on Dragon/Neverwinter: YoloOldSkoolSwagLoveNeverGingersLuvDupStep even if it's just one of us, you might as well just afk.