test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

All Consuming Curse and Curse Consuming Abilities

arcainninjaarcainninja Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2015 in The Nine Hells
I am relatively new to warlock (Just hit 65) and picked up All Consuming Curse to proc lesser curses. I was wondering, since Dreadtheft consumes a curse to reduce incoming damage and amplify Dreadtheft's damage, would critting (and thus applying lesser curse) cause dreadthefts damage to increase even more? Could All Consuming Curse be a very usefull ability and make Cursed Bite worthy of use?
Post edited by arcainninja on

Comments

• Options
    zaarakizaaraki Member Posts: 13
    edited April 2015
    All consuming curse is a good passive. And yes with decent crit u can stack Dreadtheft to 5 stacks even on single target pretty fast.
    Your other question about Cursed Bite, i tried it and since this encounter doing very low dmg i wasnt impressed.

The problem is u need fast hitting aoe encounter which doesnt curse consume to apply lesser curse to all targets. The best one is probably blades of vanquished armies. Only after that u can cast cursed bite and since the dmg is so low its only effective if 5+ targets have the lesser curse on them.
  • Options
    mjytreszmjytresz Member Posts: 500 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    zaaraki wrote: »
    All consuming curse is a good passive. And yes with decent crit u can stack Dreadtheft to 5 stacks even on single target pretty fast.
    Your other question about Cursed Bite, i tried it and since this encounter doing very low dmg i wasnt impressed.

The problem is u need fast hitting aoe encounter which doesnt curse consume to apply lesser curse to all targets. The best one is probably blades of vanquished armies. Only after that u can cast cursed bite and since the dmg is so low its only effective if 5+ targets have the lesser curse on them.

Pretty much this.
    It's possible to constantly consume curse on Dreadtheft if your Crit% is high enough.
    I've had best use of this with Soul Scorch. Although, your casts are a bit delayed to see if you even crit before reapplying curse.

On a more objective note, BoVA and DT are the only two Encounters that really take advantage of this. The damage of Lesser Curse is so pitiful compared to mob HP that it doesn't really even matter. It's only really visible with curse consuming abilities, which limit its effectiveness to BoVA, DT, and Soul Scorch. And Soul Scorch might be a stretch due to delaying your casts.
    It's great in theory but there's a few problems from making it as good as NPNM.
    Broken mechanics, broken class designs, lack of actual content, and over zealous, bronze-age moderation?

Go Cryptic!
    PS - I quit.
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    btw, what is your most used damage encounter?
    i play fury SB --> WB,DT + BOVA/SS
    might be my stats, but the only moment to compete with other classes is when single targetting with SS spamming, my overall damage is not that good, probably not enuogh arp, probably to much nerf compared to other hiped classes (GWF/CW)
    what is your impression?
    did i miss some curse mechanic as the great damage push

stats on the PVE sets are not very suitable is my impression, having 3k recovery (breast 1,2k, feet 700 or something like that) a bit disbalanced imo, so other stats suffer, only way for me is take PVP stuff
    next thing to mention, even having 4k LS, SB-tanky spec, 23% deflect with 30 sparks by offhand special....it does not change a lot in dungeons, onehit is onehit, if you get focussed by two mobs you are dead meat...
    how much do you stack?
    my impression until no is CW/TR/GWF/Pala/GF/Hunter are more tanky in most situations, or lets say not worse than me, but can pump everything in power/crit arp, having shield, unstoppable, ITC, dodges and so on...
  • Options
    denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I am relatively new to warlock (Just hit 65) and picked up All Consuming Curse to proc lesser curses. I was wondering, since Dreadtheft consumes a curse to reduce incoming damage and amplify Dreadtheft's damage, would critting (and thus applying lesser curse) cause dreadthefts damage to increase even more? Could All Consuming Curse be a very usefull ability and make Cursed Bite worthy of use?

1. Yes

2. Yes

That is absolutely correct. However lesser curses do not proc feats - only curse consuming effects from powers.
    I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
    It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
    You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
    My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread
  • Options
    arcainninjaarcainninja Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    denvald wrote: »
    1. Yes

2. Yes

That is absolutely correct. However lesser curses do not proc feats - only curse consuming effects from powers.

Would that last part mean that it wouldnot trigger Parting Blasphemy? (I thought it was too good to be true)
  • Options
    rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Would that last part mean that it wouldnot trigger Parting Blasphemy? (I thought it was too good to be true)

No, it would proc Parting Blasphemy, I believe. That is the whole point: once the curse is consumed, the 6% weapon damage is applied unless I completely misunderstand the feat. But it is only a percentage of your weapon damage, not an additional 6% damage. For example, I have a lvl 21 SW with a Vile Pactblade with a max weapon damage of 131. My DT can hit for up to 1670 damage; you have to ask yourself if those five feat slots are worth an extra 8 points of damage when the curse is consumed.

I may be wrong, but it is my understanding as to how Parting Blasphemy works. (I'd appreciate any clarification if I am wrong :confused:)
  • Options
    denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited April 2015

The feat that's worth mentioning that works off curses is creeping Death, the fury capstone. I originally intended to use BoVa to lesser curse a bunch of targets to increase the number of targets i can benefit Creeping Death from. But lesser curse does not work with this feat
    I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
    It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
    You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
    My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread
  • Options
    pycon929pycon929 Member Posts: 50
    edited April 2015
    my impression until no is CW/TR/GWF/Pala/GF/Hunter are more tanky in most situations, or lets say not worse than me, but can pump everything in power/crit arp, having shield, unstoppable, ITC, dodges and so on...

Therein lies the problem with this game. Classes that shouldn't be tanking anything can eat damage all day and still be top dps. Why is this allowed? Money is my biggest guess.

Warlock has a lot of unused or imo neglected potential. The class I think was made as a joke.

As for encounters...SS + DT + FB are my favorites. Replace SS with KF in lower lvl areas or for farming. WB I only use in PvP now.
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    PVP in my case is HG-HS-KF, Control-Lock is nice esp against nasty broken CW´s or hunter, TR as well, GF/GFW not that good
    but as i wrote i am not maxed and not completely unsatisfied with SB-fury path, since Valindra, MB castle, lostmouth, simply most end-bosses are about single target Focusdamage
    and there is probably no other class better in focusdamage than SB-fury imo, probably even not imba GWF