test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How good is Armor Pen for SW?

martianmnhuntermartianmnhunter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 236 Arc User
edited April 2015 in The Nine Hells
* I couldn't find anything (the search function is abysmal)
* I went 5~ pages back and didn't see any thread

This is more for PvP, I see quite alot of SWs skipping armor pen on their gear, why is it not important? are there some skills that don't benefit from arp?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pycon929pycon929 Member Posts: 50
    edited April 2015
    From my understanding Armor Pen is the most important offensive stat right now. Read somewhere that all the mobs have 40% more damage resistance now. I could be wrong though
  • martianmnhuntermartianmnhunter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yes 40% for trash, 60% for boss, but that wasn't the question.
  • mjytreszmjytresz Member Posts: 500 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yes 40% for trash, 60% for boss, but that wasn't the question.

ArPen is typically good for any class that's relied upon for DPS.
    For SW, I'd say it's one of the 3 most important stats, alongside Power and Crit.

The problem is finding the right balance of stats and finding the gear for it. 70 SW gear isn't exactly "great".
    Broken mechanics, broken class designs, lack of actual content, and over zealous, bronze-age moderation?

Go Cryptic!
    PS - I quit.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    most DD classes in PVE i saw and who did heavy damage had about 5k crit and 5k arp, and as much power they could get
    about PVP and arp i am not sure myself, since tenacity reduces arp the double so 86% arp resistance means?
    86% from arp does not count?
    lets say you got 40% resistance ignored, what happens in case of 86% resitance against arp, only 16% from 40% get through? 40/100 x 16 = 6,4% resistance ignored? so DR is lets say 39% in PVP-6,4= 32,6% DR left
    so having zero arp means = 0% resistance ignored?
    but in that case i would stack all i got in power > crit and ignore arp as much as I can, since it is not worth a penny?... i don´t understand these math
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Pre-Mod 6, you only needed 24% resist ignored for pve - and Int gives SWs resist ignored, so usually they only needed ~1500-1800 ArP to max out the stat.

People are probably still adjusting to the new stat curves and haven't added the ~5k ArP they need now.

As for pvp, I don't, so couldn't help you there.