test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Interrupt?

totallynotadrowtotallynotadrow Member Posts: 14 Arc User
edited April 2015 in The Guard Barracks
So I've got this Guardian Fighter and I'm thinking that my feats are not all that they could be. I'm more of a PvE player than PvP; mainly I play alongside my girlfriend and her Scourge Warlock so I want to be able to draw threat and soak damage more than anything else, really.

That having been said, I hit 60 a week ago and have been thinking hard about a respec because I know that there are a few feats I picked because they sounded cool but aren't working as I thought they would. Public Enemy #1 is the 5 points I have in Powerful Strike because I thought that
Lunging Strike provides 4/8/12/16/20% more threat and has a 20/40/60/80/100% chance to interrupt your target.

meant that it would disrupt casters or charge-up moves, similar to stunning/knocking them, but I've noticed that this does not seem to be the case. I looked through the wiki and found nothing that described what interrupting actually does; can someone point me to an explanation, please?
Post edited by totallynotadrow on

Comments

• Options
    gfalconiogfalconio Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    well if you want disrupt and stun the more efective way is griffon wrath, i recommend you for pve, do the combo into the fray + enforce threat, it cause a hard attack and guaranted you keep the agro. and if you no have problem losing fast heal, add to the combo the daily villains menace.

i play a conqueror and with it i no need wasted feats on threat boosts.

if you see you cant protect good your party, knight valor is very usefull.

sorry my bad english xd.
    PVP GF Sword Master Dominion Champion :3
  • Options
    gfalconiogfalconio Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    about powerfull atack is posible is a bug, it cancel the enemy attack like griffons wrath but without stun to principal target.
    PVP GF Sword Master Dominion Champion :3
  • Options
    odd111outodd111out Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I have that feat as a Tactician. It does work. However, it will not interrupt targets that are immune to being interrupted, bosses and Dragonwings who have entered their spin attack.

One thing to remember is that an interrupt in itself is not a stun, and does not send the enemy's encounter onto cooldown. So after a second or so, the enemy is free to attempt to use the attack again.

My usual rotation in WoD for instance is usually LS, Frontline, and then Griffon's Wrath. Having 4 means to interrupt attacks is extremely useful.
  • Options
    svekoljsvekolj Member Posts: 65
    edited March 2015
    seems to interrupt flourish well enough
  • Options
    herundrionherundrion Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    That interrupt is great, it's the sole reason I keep my GF tactician.
    It can interrupt Duelist Flurry, GWF Strikes, Ray of Frost, Golems (except for the big sword bash) and a lot of other generally non-interruptible abilities. So a gap closer+interrupt makes it awesome. Most GFs will use LS into Bull or GWrath (or Bull first and the LS, but that requires for you to be closer), but here you can interrupt with LS right away.
    The threat generation from it is great as well (don't forget that it's an aoe, so it hits stuff behind your target). So it's great in PvE as well - interrupts some key AoE abilities, generates a ton of threat, and is a great initiate/gap close.

That feat makes Lunging strike an all around great power - AoE, Threat, Gap Closer, Interrupt. Love it.

Stack that with Swordmaster and you have - LS interupt, Bull Charge, Griffon's Wrath, Flourish Crescendo - that's so much control for PvP, just take your pick.
    Co-Founder of -Valor-
    vih2r9.png
  • Options
    svekoljsvekolj Member Posts: 65
    edited March 2015
    herundrion wrote: »
    That feat makes Lunging strike an all around great power - AoE, Threat, Gap Closer, Interrupt. Love it.

sorry to be a bit off topic but to all gfs, please don't use lunging strike to save enemies after I have stunned them and am about to land my indomitable battle strike

sincerely
    your friendly neighborhood gwf
  • Options
    totallynotadrowtotallynotadrow Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Gah! Thought I was subscribed to the thread. Thanks for the answers, everyone. I've since respec'ed to 90% Protector with a little dip into Tactician, but without Powerful Strike, because I'm still not sure how it works :
    gfalconio wrote:
    well if you want disrupt and stun the more efective way is griffon wrath, i recommend you for pve, do the combo into the fray + enforce threat, it cause a hard attack and guaranted you keep the agro. and if you no have problem losing fast heal, add to the combo the daily villains menace.
    Yeah, I've been running around with Wrath since asking this question; it seems to work a lot better for what I want, anyhow. Usually I'll use Villain's Menace for boss fights when I know that they will be kicking me around the room (looking at you, Traven Blackdagger and every dragon out there).

odd111out wrote:
    One thing to remember is that an interrupt in itself is not a stun, and does not send the enemy's encounter onto cooldown. So after a second or so, the enemy is free to attempt to use the attack again.

See, that's the thing I'm not sure about- when I use it as a random monster is doing A Thing, it doesn't seem to stop them from doing it the Thing, even if said monster is normally not immune to interrupting because of the Thing they are doing (ex: some casters like Bandit Hexers become immune to effects while casting their big spells, Dragonwings, Rage Drakes, etc). Should I not be expecting them to break off in their actions because I've Lunged at them?

I've played exactly 1 PvP match and that was just me being undergeared and ganked by enemy rogues for 15 minutes, not in that much of a hurry to do it again, so if this is more useful against players than monsters, that's fine, but I'm just trying to understand how it's supposed to work. I still like the power a lot for the damage + threat reasons that herundrion mentioned, I just didn't want to keep 5 feat points in it if it's not going to work the way I expected it to.
  • Options
    overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    OP if I may make some suggestions-

I play mainly pvp but also a good deal of pve. Kinda have to, to get the gear. I think tactician is a fantastic spec and I wouldn't advise anyone to reroll their tactician gf. GF dailies are simply awesome. Great reflect, cc immunity, dr, and in the case of swordmasters (steel defense + crescendo), a few seconds of total damage immunity. I mention dailies along with tactician because the tact capstone refills your ap (and your parties ap) fairly quickly when you are in combat meaning you can use those dailies more often.

About lunging and really wanting that sure-fire interrupt, I get it. But on top of everything else that has been said about lunging in this thread, it will give you a +50% damage resistance for several seconds every time you use it. Chain that to bull rush (another +50% dr), slot the SM passive and daily I mentioned and you see what I am getting at.

Just some ideas :)
  • Options
    thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    Feated Lunging Strike + feated Anvil from the Tactician tree is awesome in PVP.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.