test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

kicking players

ohmygawdbroohmygawdbro Member Posts: 1 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Player Feedback (Xbox One)
Its really annoying being kicked from epic dungeons for no reason but just because people are trolls. change the vote to kick option to where all players have to agree to kick the player. ive been trying to do epic dungeons with my friend all day and people keep kicking everyone for no reason it ridiculous and needs to change. this game was great until lvl 60 then people turn into trollers please fix this simple but annoying issue.

if anyone else has this problem comment so the neverwinter team will change this
Post edited by ohmygawdbro on

Comments

• Options
    lost2uagainlost2uagain Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    haven't seen much kicking lately in public game[i don't play in a fix group], other then the standard reasons like being disconnected for a long period. There was a time few days back where someone kept putting people up too kick just simply because they didn't want 2 of the same class in the party.

Then again... i do join a few mid-way dungeon where there like 2-3 people are missing, so maybe i miss something before hand.
  • Options
    blindliteblindlite Member Posts: 43
    edited April 2015
    The amount of kicking is insane and making the game unplayable for me. I want to get the best gear which is T2 for my class but no matter what dungeon I que into I get immediately removed as soon as I spawn in and they can see my class. I'm not sure if it's because of my class or just because they are hoping for some like 12k gearscore player to join and carry them. I'm almost at 10k gearscore which should be more than enough for the T2's. Another thing that recently really pissed me off was that I got removed from a dungeon that I was in from the start. We got to the last boss everyone left but me then 3 people joined and booted me instantly. This needs to get fixed or I know myself and a group of other people that are all gonna quit.
  • Options
    ivantomdisplayivantomdisplay Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Dear XBOX carebears, welcome to harsh world of Neverwinter.
    [10:49] [Combat (Self)] Your Proton Barrage deals 96581 (43411) Proton(Critical) to Seto.
    Poor soul didnt have time to log out.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    I have been asking for vote kicks to at least require a majority vote for an age now. Currently the way it works is that the person who is being vote kicked does not get a vote rather than counting their vote as a no. This means the vote is based on four instead of five votes making two yes votes considered the majority.

In other words only the initiator and one other person has to vote yes to kick somebody. Blegh.

I'll bring it up yet again.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Dear XBOX carebears, welcome to harsh world of Neverwinter.

Has nothing to do with being a carebear has to do with the creator of this system not thinking properly before adding it. People new to a dungeon shouldn't be able to vote kick older players that were already in there out of the dungeon. Atleast not until there is an attempt on the boss. I don't mind having a vote kick system they come in very handy. I do mind being kicked 30 times in a row just because my gs isn't maxed out and my class is a TR. If my GS was maxed out I sure as **** wouldn't be in there lol
  • Options
    tasteymelontasteymelon Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yep. It sucks. Getting kicked for being bad is one thing, but getting for no good reason is ***. The only way to get around this is to group queue with friends and/or guild members. Solo queuing and dealing with randoms will get you kicked most of the time, unless you're a healer/tank class.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Funny thing is I FINALLY got into a group didn't get booted after we determined that ToS was pretty much impossible without a CW we left and did a different dungeon. I was 7million dmg above everyone else so I have no clue why I keep getting kicked. I'm pretty sure it's because I'm a TR and I hear we are bad in PvE but my dmg says otherwise.
  • Options
    quaffliciousquafflicious Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have been asking for vote kicks to at least require a majority vote for an age now. Currently the way it works is that the person who is being vote kicked does not get a vote rather than counting their vote as a no. This means the vote is based on four instead of five votes making two yes votes considered the majority.

In other words only the initiator and one other person has to vote yes to kick somebody. Blegh.

Putting a limit on how often you can vote kick would solve this problem. There is no limit as of now and people just vote kick like crazy to be trolls. If you take away the troll's power, then they will just leave. Simple as that.
  • Options
    pippen82pippen82 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I feel your pain, hit level 60 (so what's the next step? Ooh I know get kitted out in level 60 gear que for your 1st tier 1 dungeon wait 2 mins join a match BAM instant kicked join a second BAM kicked again, by the powers of greyskull how am I ment to get tiered gear when EVERY game I get kicked? ooh I know pray for about two years then just buy it from the vault of piety I really liked this game then I hit level 60) Other things wind me up to example your fighting a mob some idiot picks up a peace of gear then the silly loot option blocks my view I can't see s&%t and the lockbox messages gotta go (this BOT got a rare mount) I don't care and don't want to read about it either just more dung taking up my screen view (keep it in the chat window)
  • Options
    silentchaos11silentchaos11 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    been enjoying game up until these t2 dungeons where seems everytime you join your insta booted for not having a 12k gear score a week in.
  • Options
    pufpuffpasspufpuffpass Member Posts: 88
    edited April 2015
    Hey guys, got the perfect flawless three step solution.

1.) Get friends. Its not always easy to meet new people, so if your struggling, see step 2.
    2.) Join a big fricken guild. People like to group with fellow guildies more then randoms anyway. Plus there won't be kicking.
    3.) If you can't find friends, can't find a guild. No worries. Why not start a new toon, start a desired class, healer/tank. Play, gather gear for the class that gets kicked, Equip epic gear n show the trolls that ur way better.

I don't think T2 should have public queues. They are very tough from what I read, so why go in with randies anway??!!?? The amount of time u spent in this topic talking about getting kicked, you could have been in the guild threads, looking for future teammates.

This isn't CoD. Teammates matter. So find some you enjoy playing with n get back to the grind.
  • Options
    u4gportu4gport Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The only time i really get kicked from a game is when i join in late, they are looking for a tank or healer because the last one left since they keep losing, this happens allllll theeee timeeeee. Let us que into a fudgin fresh game from the start, unless the que is taking FOREVERRR then add us into a game that's almost done.
  • Options
    devtraxdevtrax Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    As a cleric i never get kicked
    Coco Legrand (DC)
    Thrall (GWF)
    WickedElm (OP)
  • Options
    sofazsofaz Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Real players don't get kicked, they get disconnected.
  • Options
    drgreenthumbnzdrgreenthumbnz Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Done with this game, just spent 3 hours getting to end of T2 Spellplague , lost a few along the way, then we get new guy at boss, kicks me and i can still here the tard on the mic, saying his buddy wants to play

Im out , waiting till ESO now
  • Options
    zombies4peacezombies4peace Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    blindlite wrote: »
    The amount of kicking is insane and making the game unplayable for me. I want to get the best gear which is T2 for my class but no matter what dungeon I que into I get immediately removed as soon as I spawn in and they can see my class. I'm not sure if it's because of my class or just because they are hoping for some like 12k gearscore player to join and carry them. I'm almost at 10k gearscore which should be more than enough for the T2's. Another thing that recently really pissed me off was that I got removed from a dungeon that I was in from the start. We got to the last boss everyone left but me then 3 people joined and booted me instantly. This needs to get fixed or I know myself and a group of other people that are all gonna quit.
    Dungeons like the Dread Vault and Castle Never are pretty much impossible if you don't have the party set up right. I've kicked people many times when we have too many DPS, no tank, or no DC. I've also been kicked a lot as well. Kinda just have to accept it. The best thing you can do is find at least one or two people that you can group up with.
  • Options
    pentnoirpentnoir Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The current system is only flawed in that if a tank or healer drops, it doesn't always give you back a tank or healer. No one wants another dps when you just lost the healer.

The kicking works just fine, although, would prefer that when the leader kicks, it still gives a vote.
  • Options
    exidon83exidon83 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    what a bunch of babies i kick people out of my parties all day long and they will not remove this feature. i however do not kick for no reason if you r a newb to game thats fine i will take the time to explain what to do in the dungeon. but i will kick you if you are ******ed and dont follow instructions it is a group thing not an everyone do what they want thing. also you may be getting kicked for your gear score just because dungeon says 8300 does not mean you can do it at an 8300. some times a person leaves group or gets booted for one of the reasons stated above and the game will just throw random players into lobby you then sit there and kick people to get the class you need for that specific dungeon. so if healer leaves/kicked game then throws a gwf or an sw in party you then have to sit there and kick people until you get a dc. just because you dont know why ur being kicked does not there isnt a reason. a thing to help stop people from getting kicked is to add a system where you can search for certain classes or only allow certain classes into lobby. and to all of you with 8300 gs stick to the T1 dungeons buy some unicorn/drake gear from vendor to raise your gs DO NOT attempt to do dread vault or temple of spiders or spellplague caverns you will more than likely get kicked from these dungeons untill you reach a 9.5k or higher.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Bunch of babies? Most dungeons don't require a classic Tank, Healer, and 3 DPS setup and it seems like most groups tend to aim that direction. I've cleared many T2's with a group of all DPS. An just earlier I finally was able to get a non ******ed group to do Temple of the Spider and it was 4dps and a Healer. It's fine to kick someone who keeps messing up constantly causing the group to fail.

What we are talking about are the people who kick as soon as you join in. We queue up load in get vote kicked instantly. That is the part of the kick system we are talking about. Also 9.5k or higher is also bull**** a friend of mine is a Trickster Rogue with a 13.9k and she gets kicked from Spellplauge which is one of the easier T2's. She and my self have both had times where we had to solo the last boss in there but yet people tend to kick TR's more than any other class.
  • Options
    theungodlytheungodly Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This is my three cents: if you want to be all hard core about your dungeons, then you should do the somewhat intelligent and somewhat logical thing and play with friends and/or people who is/plays the exact way that you want. Form your group before you enter the dungeon. That's my opinion of every team based online game. If you chose to play online games with random people, you get what you get. That's the casual route. So don't be a nose breathing d*ck who ruins other peoples experience by kicking left to right, just because you don't know how to be "hard core" enough.
    HR - "The Ungodly"
    DC - "The Unholy"
    Guild: Ruthless
  • Options
    jargoljargol Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2015

This could be so easy to fix.

Initiator auto Yes
    Recipient auto NO.

2 out of the remaining 3 need to vote Yes for it to succeed.
  • Options
    cummins12vcummins12v Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Generally there is a reason people are getting kicked. I was with this one group. There was a rogue making EVERYTHING so much harder than it needed to be and much longer than it should have been. He got vote kicked when the last boss was almost down. To no ones fault but his own. However, im sure there is the occasions where someone will get kicked just so a friend can get in and get the loot instead. But, thats few and far between. If your good and doing your role well, then NOONE will WANT to kick you to begin with.

EDIT: Getting kicked from a dungeon should make you want to become better. So much better that people will see your name pop up to kick and people will think " Why should we do that!? He is awesome! ".
    EDIT2: Ive never been kicked like that before. However, I have left the group on many occasions because of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> welfare noobs looting greens. Nothing like getting into a dungeon and EVERYONE is walking past every green on the ground. You KNOW its going to be a good solid fast dungeon run when that happens.
  • Options
    chubbleduckschubbleducks Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Its so annoying spending 30mins+ queuing for an epic dungeon just to be kicked upon entering, especially when you have a higher armour score than some of the other members.

Another annoying bug is if the group are using mic's and they kick you out of dungeon you can still hear them talking. It was funny being kicked out of a group and all I could hear was the other warlock asking why I got kicked when I had better score than he did.
  • Options
    quaffliciousquafflicious Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I actually ran into a group just the other day of 3 people from the same guild. It was the Grey Wolf Den and that's a popular T1 dungeon to do since it has the main hand weapon drop. They apparently cleared the very first room of the dungeon and were just kicking people as they joined in. No reason, other than trolling people that wanted to do the dungeon. And since they were kicking 2 people at a time, all the people queuing up for the dungeon kept getting put back into that group and getting kicked. They did this for at least 6 hours. Yeah, 3 people sat on this game in a dungeon and did nothing but troll people trying to play it.

Simple solution, limit how often you can vote kick. Put a cap on how often you can vote kick in a run. Ban trolls when they get reported for doing stupid stuff like that.

Everyone is happy and the trolls with cry tears that will sustain the life force of legit players.
  • Options
    thezer0fluxthezer0flux Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I've noticed that, in general, people seem to vote yes on kicks without even knowing why the person should be kicked. This is how one person can gain control of a dungeon and repeatedly kick players until s/he has the desired group. Because of this, I've decided to vote no to all kick requests unless I actually observe the person being a problem or in the rare cases where the queue spawns someone in an area where they can't reach the group. If more people voted no until a reason to kick arises, I think this problem would work itself out. In the few cases where people have joined my plea to vote no without cause (which I pass on via chat), the one doing the repeated kick votes eventually quit the group. It's a win-win.

Of course, this won't solve the issue of guild members kicking people, but I still believe voting no by default would totally change the dungeon experience. Insta-kicking would become rare very quickly.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Yeah I'm one of those people if I get booted from the same group cause the stupid system puts me in there back to back. I hurry and vote to kick someone else just to be an <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. I find joy out of irritating dbag players that just kick without any reason. People still think that you need the classic tank healer and 3 dps for most of these dungeons. The only 2 that are in need of both a tank and healer are usually ToS and DV. All the rest can be done with at least 4 dps and a healer.