test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Content Roadmap?

aryndararyndar Member Posts: 4 Arc User
Curious if anyone has seen or heard mention of a road map showing the release plan for further content? Considering there is a mountain of it available on PC (obviously needing version mods, testing etc.) Do we know if we're looking at them artificially extending the life of the game by releasing expansions quarterly or if they will simply add it all as fast as possible with respect to testing and it not breaking the game?

If it's the former I fear ESO will waltz in with a metric **** ton more content in a few months and this game will shrivel. Have read many threads here about folks discussing how the game either has tonnes of content or not enough. I would say anyone posting it has enough is new to the game and possibly MMOs. There is precious little to do at 60 currently. I was very surprised to see Gauntlgrm wasn't included in release, as it was on the PC game. The only real endgame the game had (outside of dungeons) when it was released, and they didn't bother to get it in before release? Mistake. at 60 if you don't know 4 people to run dungeons with you can wait 45min+ for a dungeon PUG que and most likely waste your time in a frustrating head banging experience of people meandering off in random directions, pulling huge packs of mobs and the best one! THE GAME NOT FORCING A HEALER INTO THE GROUP. Or you can do 15 minutes of dragon quests before you hit a 20hr lockout timer. Or you can pvp on ONE map. There isn't remotely enough end game content. Had they released with gauntlgrm, both the hunter and warlock expansions and waited on the tyranny of dragons it would have made a lot more sense and we would have had lots of things to keep lvl 60s busy until they added dragons, paladins etc.
Post edited by aryndar on

Comments

• Options
    danny3421danny3421 Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    They won't stop adding new stuff. Look at STO for a start. They keep addeding more and more to. So they will do the same with Neverwinter, otherwise keep playing all the same stuff over and over all the time will get kinda boring. but they listen to our feedback tho. :)
  • Options
    pandynupandynu Member Posts: 45
    edited April 2015
    Temple of Tiamat.
  • Options
    codher0codher0 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have never played on pc, but will we get new lockboxes? I seen a **** ton 9f different ones for pc. Are there all available to buy at anytime? And why does it cost 300+ diamonds for 1 zen on pc?
  • Options
    sudnd3thsudnd3th Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    content road map would be great. at least it gives us an idea on how the game will progress for us since we aren't following the traditional road of the PC development. Even if time frames aren't in there at least we will know whats coming next and what we should prepare for.
    suDnd3th - LvL 70 PvP WK Scoundrel TR
    Pyx - LvL 60 PvP AC DC Retired

XB1 GT - suDnd3th
  • Options
    namebrandnamebrand Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Having played the PC version for awhile from launch I just wonder if these "expansions" are going to be free or if you're going to have to pay for them. Regardless of if they are pay or free, get ready for a metric ton of more grind.
  • Options
    telprydaintelprydain Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Really looking forward to Icewind Dale
    Casual Gamers
    Join us brothers and sisters and distant relations and confused onlookers.
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.
    "In war, unqualified. In peace, disorganised. In death, mild irritation."

JOIN US.
  • Options
    xclusiv3636xclusiv3636 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    id love to have sharandar and dread ring, which means MC and VT... starting with dragons was slightly off putting since the bulk of the higher tier content for dragon campaign assumes we have icewind... not to mention the only way to get to icewind was what, 10k GS and 3 boons unlocked from sharandar or dread ring?

gonna take a long time to get those up even though a lot of people will be into the latest stages of dragon campaign, and the skirmish/dungeon unlock also state you have to complete a quest in icewind, now if thats waved at least ok, if not this release is so backwards its purely an attempt at a money grab (dragonborn pack = more likely to sell of the packs they had and the most expensive)

here's to hoping they release the backdated content sooner then later...
  • Options
    cummins12vcummins12v Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This was meant to be a cash cow to begin with. I dont expect anything near the attention/updates that the PC gets. We CERTAINLY WONT get a roadmap any time soon. Not a chance. Not part of the design.
  • Options
    iceviper220iceviper220 Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Alll the updates are free anything extra or in cashshop you pay for,we are way behind pc which they are on mod 6,i dont see us getting a update for 3-6 months as pc gets theres 3-6 months is the basic timeline we just wait
    Characters~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    IGN:Ryuke-GWF-lvl 43