test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Auto loot

aryndararyndar Member Posts: 4 Arc User
Please, please, please add some sort of auto loot function for skirmishes and dungeons. Stop blocking MY ENTIRE SCREEN with <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in the midst of chaotic battle. Ideally muppets should know better than to loot mid fight, but common sense is incorrectly named.

The game could simply hoover everything up and dole out the loot at the end based on random rolls for gear folks can use. BAM! solved. Between not being able to see the thing I'm attacking and accidentally leaving group mid battle, the looting situation is a mess.
Post edited by aryndar on

Comments

• gaanjaa81gaanjaa81 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Should not be able to loot whilst in combat (like you cant open chests or nodes in combat)
    Devoted cleric rule number one = We cant cure stupidity so no heals for fools ^.^
  • gamernonegamernone Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Auto Loot would make it worse as people would have no option to bypass loot until after the fight. What would work better is a player option for "auto pass on" things like greens, cannot be used by my class, etc.

It wouldn't hurt if they also reduced the size of the loot roll window and maybe just put the winning roll in chat. The text used to display the winning roll is just obnoxious. It seems odd that the devs use such insanely intrusive text for loot and spamming but have no concern fir the size and color choice foe the text they use for prayer cool downs. There is a lack of consistency throughout in developing this port for consoles.
  • the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited April 2015
    gamernone wrote: »
    Auto Loot would make it worse as people would have no option to bypass loot until after the fight. What would work better is a player option for "auto pass on" things like greens, cannot be used by my class, etc.

It wouldn't hurt if they also reduced the size of the loot roll window and maybe just put the winning roll in chat. The text used to display the winning roll is just obnoxious. It seems odd that the devs use such insanely intrusive text for loot and spamming but have no concern fir the size and color choice foe the text they use for prayer cool downs. There is a lack of consistency throughout in developing this port for consoles.

Countless mmo's out there would like to have a word with you on that not the least of which being LOTRO and Rift.

Let's also not forget that NWO has 0 options for selling junk. There is no option for junk selling in a game that's supposed to have a modern ui as well as no option to drop items used in advancement or crafting into a shared account bank from anywhere. But again it's supposed to have a modern ui.

So people aren't asking for the impossible they just have to care about their game enough to make it modern. There is a STANDARD of modernization involved in making any game out there and if they fall should like they have here they need to be called out on it. All developers do.
  • wade8765wade8765 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Automatic Need or Greed looting

Menu

Automatic need or greed looting (ON/OFF)

Common suits your class (NEED/GREED/IGNORE)
    Common Does NOT suit your class (GREED/IGNORE)

Uncommon suits your class (NEED/GREED/IGNORE)
    Uncommon Does NOT suit your class (GREED/IGNORE)

Rare suits your class (NEED/GREED/IGNORE)
    Rare Does NOT suit your class (GREED/IGNORE)

Epic suits your class (NEED/GREED/IGNORE)
    Epic Does NOT suit your class (GREED/IGNORE)

Legendary suits your class (NEED/GREED/IGNORE)
    Legendary Does NOT suit your class (GREED/IGNORE)

___

I would choose need on green suits my class and greed on everything else as that's the way other players seem to like it. It gives everyone a chance to get items that are rare or better when greeding. Even when it suits your class it's still fair to give others a chance to win that item is the deal we generally go with.

Your thoughts on my menu please ?

Thanks
  • melouche2melouche2 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    wade8765 wrote: »
    I would choose need on green suits my class and greed on everything else as that's the way other players seem to like it. It gives everyone a chance to get items that are rare or better when greeding. Even when it suits your class it's still fair to give others a chance to win that item is the deal we generally go with.

Your thoughts on my menu please ?

Thanks

I do not get why you would roll greed on a rare or better. If you can roll need, then roll need. The others have no use for the item and are just going to sell it for gold or AD where as you could actually benefit more from the item.

The menu looks awesome though! Seems simple yet so useful.
  • finaldeath1689finaldeath1689 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Crafting mats should have auto roll settings as well, but i seriously hope they add this, so sick of having my screen completely covered by huge roll windows for 75% of a run.
  • draven165draven165 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    gamernone wrote: »

When playing with my son and his friends I set the loot to Free for all. The zones they are in are lower level so I dont personally want any of the loot and it stops pop ups. Basically if you loot it you get it.

But I did notice an option to set the "rolls" For example roll on Blue or better items, roll on purple or better. This is already an option in the game. I have not tried it out to see if its a "functioning option" but the commands are already there. I may have to try this out the next time I am in a PUG and see. If this is a "Functioning Option" then an easy solution to everyone's frustration would be to have the leader set the loot thresholds to Blue or higher. Let the loot hounds have all their greens they want and roll only on Blue or higher. Or heck set it to purple or higher if you see fit.

I need to test this unless someone else has.
  • zaknafyenzaknafyen Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    gaanjaa81 wrote: »
    Should not be able to loot whilst in combat (like you cant open chests or nodes in combat)

Exactly! Every other MMO has this. NOTHING is lootable until you're OOC. It's soooooooo annoying running dungeons and skirmishes only to be bombarded with an overly sized window. The UI scale is already too large. Adding that large eye sore makes it difficult to find your target!

An immediate solution would be a PSA to stop looting during combat. It's not going anywhere. It will all be there when everything is dead. Don't worry about it. That blue you saw burst out of the mob, yeah, it will still be there.
  • thezer0fluxthezer0flux Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    zaknafyen wrote: »
    That blue you saw burst out of the mob, yeah, it will still be there.
    I know, right? And what are they going to do with it anyway? So they run over and snag it, prompt a vote, and win... then what? Are they going to do a gear comparison/switch mid-fight? I just don't understand why people rush to grab drops during a fight.

On the other hand, I've accidentally picked things up, usually out of habit in the midst of chaos (I usually kill and spam the A button when I'm soloing) or trying to grab a potion and selecting something else, so I'm all for not allowing loot pickups until the area is clear. I also think things like potions and treasure (the non-gear stuff you sell for copper) should be personal loot (i.e. drop uniquely for each group member on their client, no sharing) and should be automatically picked up by walking over it like copper.
  • zaknafyenzaknafyen Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I know, right? And what are they going to do with it anyway? So they run over and snag it, prompt a vote, and win... then what? Are they going to do a gear comparison/switch mid-fight? I just don't understand why people rush to grab drops during a fight.

On the other hand, I've accidentally picked things up, usually out of habit in the midst of chaos (I usually kill and spam the A button when I'm soloing) or trying to grab a potion and selecting something else, so I'm all for not allowing loot pickups until the area is clear. I also think things like potions and treasure (the non-gear stuff you sell for copper) should be personal loot (i.e. drop uniquely for each group member on their client, no sharing) and should be automatically picked up by walking over it like copper.

Agreed. A better example would be looting bodies to get loot. This way, the "Not Lootable while IC" is viable. Loot is still shared and greens/blues are still rolled for, regardless if you got to loot the body or not. However, having potions, gems and only-sellable items auto pickup like copper would be heavenly.
  • vseumrutvseumrut Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Pls do something
  • twinstripeuktwinstripeuk Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Countless mmo's out there would like to have a word with you on that not the least of which being LOTRO and Rift.

Let's also not forget that NWO has 0 options for selling junk. There is no option for junk selling in a game that's supposed to have a modern ui as well as no option to drop items used in advancement or crafting into a shared account bank from anywhere. But again it's supposed to have a modern ui.

So people aren't asking for the impossible they just have to care about their game enough to make it modern. There is a STANDARD of modernization involved in making any game out there and if they fall should like they have here they need to be called out on it. All developers do.

Actually, there's an artifact that allows you to sell junk (The Shopkeeper comes in VERY handy for trading out junk and buying in potions). Auto Loot would be a very, VERY bad idea once a person's inventory fills up, and would completely negate the point of the loot rolls. Fully agree that you shouldn't be allowed to loot in combat though (as per looting chests).