test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Viewing PvP Scoreboard

brandonv516brandonv516 Member Posts: 89
Am I missing something, or can you not view the PvP Scoreboard during the match?

I'm not one of those comical YouTube kids that looks at his/her score every 10 seconds, but I would like to actually see which classes I am facing before the match starts.
Post edited by brandonv516 on

Comments

• crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    Just press X

It works for me :)
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • spuratisspuratis Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    crixus8000 wrote: »
    Just press X

It works for me :)

This is on the Xbox.

I haven't figured it out either, havent really tried though. It would be good to know if there was a way though.. seems like there should be.
  • melouche2melouche2 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I don't think there is a way to currently. Just have to wait til the end.

I wish they showed more stats at the end of pvp though :(
  • brandonv516brandonv516 Member Posts: 89
    edited April 2015
    melouche2 wrote: »
    I don't think there is a way to currently. Just have to wait til the end.

I wish they showed more stats at the end of pvp though :(

I wish this wasn't true. Knowing the classes of the enemy before hand would help a lot in formulating early match strategies.
  • wade8765wade8765 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I find the scoring rather unusual. A person got 10 kills and 3 deaths and only scored 900 while I was rather useless with 3 kills and 5 deaths and I beat him with a score 1500. I guess I capture points but I think kills should be more rewarded. Also, who gets the kill when all team players are attacking the one enemy player? Is the person who damages the most? Or is it the final blow? I always kick <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> with the assists but don't seem to do as well with the kills.
  • melouche2melouche2 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    wade8765 wrote: »
    I find the scoring rather unusual. A person got 10 kills and 3 deaths and only scored 900 while I was rather useless with 3 kills and 5 deaths and I beat him with a score 1500. I guess I capture points but I think kills should be more rewarded. Also, who gets the kill when all team players are attacking the one enemy player? Is the person who damages the most? Or is it the final blow? I always kick <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> with the assists but don't seem to do as well with the kills.

I want to say it is final hit. The reason being is that I am a DC and I know I don't do amazing damage yet I get kills all the time.
  • finaldeath1689finaldeath1689 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    They should put a mini scoreboard on the side where the quest log is when in pvp.
  • fukiiyufukiiyu Member Posts: 159 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    wade8765 wrote: »

Yes, capturing the nodes are worth the most points. (+300)

No, kills should not be "more rewarding" because this is not FFA/TDM, it's called Domination and it's about capturing n' holding points.

Whoever gets the "last hit" will receive the kill.

There is a mini scoreboard on the side, it shows the teams objective score. There does not need to be a scoreboard for k/d r because, again, this is Domination, not Team Death Match.
  • draven165draven165 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    fukiiyu wrote: »
    Yes, capturing the nodes are worth the most points. (+300)

No, kills should not be "more rewarding" because this is not FFA/TDM, it's called Domination and it's about capturing n' holding points.

There is a mini scoreboard on the side, it shows the teams objective score. There does not need to be a scoreboard for k/d r because, again, this is Domination, not Team Death Match.

LOL!!! Thank you for this! You beat me to the punch. I don't even PvP much if any and I "Got it"... The whole objective is not to be a killing machine and rack up kills. Its all about holding ground or "Dominating" an area ie. flags

dom·i·na·tion
    noun
    noun: domination; plural noun: dominations
    1. the exercise of control or influence over someone or something, or the state of being so controlled.

Hehehe Love it!
  • lordsarveriouslordsarverious Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    draven165 wrote: »
    dom·i·na·tion
    noun
    noun: domination; plural noun: dominations
    1. the exercise of control or influence over someone or something, or the state of being so controlled.

Hehehe Love it!

made me chuckle with the use of Webster there. Awesome
    Co-Founder of AoF Neverwinter Branch (TR 60, CW 60 SS)
    Find me on XBL to get an interview to join the guild.
    5.jpg
  • draven165draven165 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hahaha Sorry I am at work and it's super early here. It made me laugh as well. Hope everyone finds it as humorous as we did.
  • brandonv516brandonv516 Member Posts: 89
    edited April 2015
    fukiiyu wrote: »
    There does not need to be a scoreboard for k/d r because, again, this is Domination, not Team Death Match.

Wrong. If you don't want this feature, I'm guessing you don't care much for strategy. As I pointed out earlier it is important to know the classes you are facing, not your k/d ratio during the match. You said it yourself that "this is Domination" - therefore having a strategy is especially crucial here.

According to an earlier poster, the PC version has this feature. Short of running out of hotkeys, I see no reason why it would be purposely excluded from the console version.