test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

what is so difficulut about "live" testing a new matchmaking system?

rotatorkufrotatorkuf Member Posts: 537 Arc User
edited April 2015 in PvP Discussion
first and foremost, you're obviously not winning over any new players with your current state of pvp

so, why not go, "hey guys, we're gonna test a new matchmaking for a couple of months, see how it goes, if it makes things better, great, if it doesns't, we'll yank it"

i don't get what's so difficult about doing something like this

there have been SO MANY solutions proposed in the forums, a lot of them legit, a lot of them ridiculous, but i mean, why not just test a "better" matchmaking system? or even bracketed pvp matchmaking (the haves vs the haves and the have nots vs the have nots, instead of the current mess that is super geared out players vs players in green armor)

is it just lack of interest in improving pvp or are you guys happy with the current state? blows my mind, especially with how legit and amazing the action combat is in this game
Post edited by rotatorkuf on

Comments

• Options
    izatarizatar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    What do you think is wrong with the current matchmaking system? How would you fix it exactly.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    izatar wrote: »
    What do you think is wrong with the current matchmaking system? How would you fix it exactly.

did you even read my post? i gave my idea of what's wrong and i included a suggestion
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    rotatorkuf wrote: »
    did you even read my post? i gave my idea of what's wrong and i included a suggestion
    I don't really see a coherent explanation of what you think is wrong, or how to fix it. You can't just spout some vague sentiments and then get your way. Instead you need to be specific, because whatever it is going on inside your head that seems obvious to you isn't obvious to everyone else.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I don't really see a coherent explanation of what you think is wrong, or how to fix it. You can't just spout some vague sentiments and then get your way. Instead you need to be specific, because whatever it is going on inside your head that seems obvious to you isn't obvious to everyone else.

i don't even...
    rotatorkuf wrote: »
    ...why not just test a "better" matchmaking system? or even bracketed pvp matchmaking (the haves vs the haves and the have nots vs the have nots, instead of the current mess that is super geared out players vs players in green armor)...

i mean, i don't get it, do you NOT think the current matchmaking system is worthless 8/10 matches

are you just trying to troll me?

ANYWAY, point of thread is what's so difficult about testing a new matchmaking system, because the current one is obviously not winning any awards and only serving to repel players
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I think the current system does fairly well actually. Sometimes you win, and sometimes you lose.
    You can effect outcomes by doing better on a personal level. Get better gear, spec more wisely, and learn the best ways to get points for your team. Sometimes you will be outmatched, and this is a chance to get better. Rather than giving up when the going gets tough, try to find ways to live longer. Each attempt, try last another couple of seconds, try to take someone with you before you go. Take a different route and make them work for it. Practice doing the best you can with what you are given, win or lose, this will improve your gameplay and also your personal character.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I think the current system does fairly well actually. Sometimes you win, and sometimes you lose.
    You can effect outcomes by doing better on a personal level. Get better gear, spec more wisely, and learn the best ways to get points for your team. Sometimes you will be outmatched, and this is a chance to get better. Rather than giving up when the going gets tough, try to find ways to live longer. Each attempt, try last another couple of seconds, try to take someone with you before you go. Take a different route and make them work for it. Practice doing the best you can with what you are given, win or lose, this will improve your gameplay and also your personal character.

i just don't get you, i wish i could be as simply satisfied as you

sure, you get matches here and there that make it feel like "hey, pvp is fine after all", but that's too rare of an occassion, and it should be more commonplace, or at least there should be a system or an effort to make that more commonplace, right now, the majority of the time you're sitting in the camp cause your team is way outgeared (or you're having "fun" leaving the camp and getting stomped on)

the problem with your stance is, you're accepting this as something that shouldn't or can't be improved upon, sure you can TRY to improve your chances, but 8/10 times, the match is over before it even started, that's just a sad fact right now, especially with the huge language barrier in pvp, trying to ask or guide people on what to do is almost always a mess (and communication is important when you're trying to overcome the gear gap mess in this game)

so, no, just no to your entire stance

this is something that SHOULD and CAN be improved, no team in blue/green gear (or fresh/mid 70s) should ever have to face or get roflstomped by a team with all mythic/legendary items (or maxed out 70s)...that's not an advantage/disadvantage either side deserves...and more importantly that's NOT how you attract players to pvp....as made evident by the ever dying pvp population

now, if you're gonna sit there and say the current system is fine and people are just dumb, well, i can't help you, you're just willfully ignorant for the sake of "having fun"
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    i wish i could be as simply satisfied as you - all it takes is a personal decision to take life as is

you're sitting in the camp - never. not ever.

that's NOT how you attract players to pvp - why would we want to attract players who sit at the campfire?

Maybe pvp isn't for you.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    i wish i could be as simply satisfied as you - all it takes is a personal decision to take life as is

you're sitting in the camp - never. not ever.

that's NOT how you attract players to pvp - why would we want to attract players who sit at the campfire?

Maybe pvp isn't for you.

you're obviously trolling (or a complete ****ing tool), so, thank you for wasting my time

if you don't think the matchmaking in this game is something that should and can be improved upon, then just sigh...

and for you to say "maybe pvp isn't for you" is just so ignorant haha (cause pvp in this game is the epitome of what pvp should be, and if i don't like this game's pvp then i won't like pvp at all ever in any game <<< how ignorant your comment is)
  • Options
    quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    They wont fix Matchmaking because it would increase queue times, especially for big stacked preamdes. What they should do is add better boolstering system, so new and undergeared players wouldnt feel like walking dummies. They may even have some plans but it's most likely low priority as it's PvE game.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    quspiv wrote: »
    They wont fix Matchmaking because it would increase queue times, especially for big stacked preamdes. What they should do is add better boolstering system, so new and undergeared players wouldnt feel like walking dummies. They may even have some plans but it's most likely low priority as it's PvE game.

thank you for having actual input and being aware of the ****ty matchmaking

and, about queue times, that's ultimately theoretical

so, again, why not "test" a new matchmaking system for a month or two?

pvp in it's current state is obviously an afterthought for a lot of players, and not the game's biggest selling point....so, why not spend a month or two testing the effects of a new/different matchmaking system...this just annoys me haha
  • Options
    reds351reds351 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Matchmaking is so bad atm. 4/5 games is a win by over 800 points for one team or the other and that last 1 game is a somewhat balanced by a miracle of some sort.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    reds351 wrote: »
    Matchmaking is so bad atm. 4/5 games is a win by over 800 points for one team or the other and that last 1 game is a somewhat balanced by a miracle of some sort.

this

/10char
  • Options
    benskix2benskix2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    They already tried to test a matchmaking system on us. Queue times went up to over half an hour, and that was back when there were a hell of a lot more players. They had to basically turn off matchmaking to have acceptable queue times. People who don't care about PVP don't mind long queues, because they just PVE while waiting, but for people who only log on to play PVP long queues make them quit the game and play something else, which just makes the matchmaking situation worse.