test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Two ideas that should happen.

bulamnbulamn Member Posts: 6 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Player Feedback (Xbox One)
Idea number one: Now, this could just be a bug. I searched but couldn't find anything on it. It says that the AD is supposed to exchange when we load or go to another zone. But, it only does it on the first time of a log-in per day. It also doesn't say how many are left. It'd be nice if it did. I didn't play PC version, so I'm not sure if this was intentional.

Idea number two: It would be FANTASTIC if there was an option to "Pass on all uncommon loot" or something. There is nothing more annoying that trying to do a boss fight, or any for that matter, and having someone run around looting <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. And to add to a suggestion a while ago, maybe making the "are you sure" option available for leaving a group would help. I've had this happen where I'm trying to fight, a roll comes up, and I try to just click it off and I end up leaving group.

Thanks! Hope these get read.
Post edited by bulamn on

Comments

• poser13337poser13337 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have left so many dungeons due to 2nd thing lol
  • quaffliciousquafflicious Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The first thing I think means when you change an instance, cause it never does it for me when I change zones, yet then I change instances it pops up saying I converted X amount of astral diamonds.

The second part I couldn't agree more. Or even move the leave group function to somewhere in the start menu. As for the loot thing, yes. Please for the love of God allows us to auto pass on loot based on rarity.
  • spuratisspuratis Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Here's an even better idea for two, just don't allow people to pick stuff up during combat in dungeons. Force them to concentrate on the fight.
  • bulamnbulamn Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Trolololol?
    edited April 2015
    spuratis wrote: »
    Here's an even better idea for two, just don't allow people to pick stuff up during combat in dungeons. Force them to concentrate on the fight.

That would be nice, but loot *****s will be loot *****s. They will loot even in the middle of a boss fight while taking damage.
  • thezer0fluxthezer0flux Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    My hope is they'll eventually figure out that just because they picked it up doesn't mean they're going to get the item and stop rushing for loot. Yeah, I'm being overly optimistic... so sue me.

Seriously though, I'd love to see a system where all the loot anyone picks up goes into a big party loot bag. Then, once the final boss is beaten, the game displays each loot item collected during play and allows the team to vote Need, Greed, or Pass. This would result in no loot popups during the run, no accidental quits, no deaths while trying to clear the loot alerts, and almost no incentive for loot *****s to run around picking stuff up during fights. It would also mean people would have to play through to the finish to get any drops at all, which is an added bonus.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    I am not sure what you mean in the first suggestion.

"Exchanging" AD tends to mean exchanging it for Zen through the Zen Exchange. That's not an instance hop detail. But that's two years of playing the PC version and using the lingo of that community. You simply could mean something altogether different.

The more likely explanation is what quafflicious stated which is refining Rough Astral Diamonds into Astral Diamonds. On the PC version this can be done on demand up to 24K per day via the Inventory interface. I don't know if this was translated to the XBox. The only time the refinement message automatically comes up on the PC version is once per day if you had not refined 24K before the reset and had RAD still.

To try to simplify that last statement a bit...

You can refine 24K RAD per day.
    The day resets at 3 AM PST (I believe)
    When you log in the game will automatically refine RAD up to 24K if you had logged in the previous day.
    If you are online at the reset time the game will automatically refine up to the 24K limit although I am not sure if that is tied to an instance switch.

However it is not, to the best of my knowledge, "supposed" to refine every instance switch unless that is unique to the XBox version.
  • woopwoopwoop00woopwoopwoop00 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Idea number one: You can click on the unrefined diamonds in your inventory and it'll refine them then and there.

Idea number two: The group leader can change the loot drop threshold (press back and then options or something) so that greens or whatever don't trigger a roll.
    GT: Rich V90
    Guild: Supermarket Sweep
    Chars:
    • Basket - 60 SW
    • Carrier Bag - 60 GF
  • bulamnbulamn Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Thank you so much, woop! I didn't know that. Hopefully that will help a lot for the future.
    edited April 2015
    Idea number one: You can click on the unrefined diamonds in your inventory and it'll refine them then and there.

Idea number two: The group leader can change the loot drop threshold (press back and then options or something) so that greens or whatever don't trigger a roll.

Not in a random group.
  • rapier89rapier89 Member Posts: 42
    edited April 2015
    easier option is to just warn them in either text chat or voice.If they continue to do it and you notice it just initiate a vote kick with loot ***** for the reason.Hopefully they are smart enough to understand after it happens enough that they need to stop doing it.But my experience so far is its doubtful. If they aren't fighting the bosses or enemies because they are running around looting, then they are useless to the party and wind up getting people wiped do to constantly having to stop combat and clear the screen.
  • rokkrwolfrokkrwolf Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The first one seems like it's a bug. It literally says rough astral will be exchanged when changing zones ect it does only seem to do it once per day so obviously its misleading information amd needs to be addressed.

As for the second one there is a option to skip over uncommon loot. But again here's the problem it's broken... if you are in a group prior to entering a dungeon the group leader can set it to whatever you want to skip so you can literally make it epics only.

Which will then save eberyone the fustrating agony of the stupid window blocking the fight and getting people to leave group on accident. The options are there when you join random groups but as I aaid its broken it only works prior if you try and do it when you're in the dungeon the options are grey and locked out. This obviously needs to be addressed as well but doubt it will ever happen.
  • vseumrutvseumrut Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Lootroll window is annoying. Leaving battle is annoying. Pls do something with that problem.
  • brandonv516brandonv516 Member Posts: 89
    edited April 2015
    Idea number 2 would be great for so many greens dropping in dungeons, but then I'd miss out on my residium and desert rose!